Ergo Proxy

MNF Texans vs Saints

719 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

You are a Taint fan, Let that sink in, then ask yourself what you're doing with your life. 

FIFY

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Why in the world were Saints fans wearing referee shirts? To...uh...support the refs?

They were blowing whistles too. I don't think that's allowed.

7 hours ago, Winn chicken said:

First off, I only responded because he said something that wasn't factual. Secondly, I'm bored, I'm in the hospital recovering from my 4th back surgery. Tell me, what would you be doing if you were laid up in the hospital? I intended to only view the forum to see how many was acting like the sky was falling. Thirdly, I'm very comfortable and secure with myself, but sometimes its just too much fun to read this forum. Peace.....

I live on the Northshore, and am married to a Taints fan. I have never once visited their forum. Why would I? Each to his own, but your response doesn’t satisfy most here. If I had back surgery I wouldn’t even being thinking about the Saints and I have had neck surgery and back issues. Each to his own, I guess....... 

The Taints and their fans suck!! From the cheating dirty team to the whistle blowing game interfering fan. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

So I have never joined a forum about the Falcons but here it goes.......

I have a peer at work that is a huge Aints fan.  I make fun of him, he makes fun of me.  Both of us still hate the 49'ers (no matter how good we thought we were the 49'ers came in and kicked the crap out of both of us).  I dislike the Saints but he is a good guy.

I watch most every NFC South game every year, because I like to see how each team is actually playing and not read it from ESPN or somewhere else so I have an idea of how hard the games will be.  I keep up with the Saints goings on through my buddy at work.

The Saints started well, a couple of bad plays and their D was horrid, then a pick in the RZ(which the announcers seemed to think was a once in a lifetime thing) and then a complete screw up by the refs at the end of the half and the Saints are down 14-3.  If you don't think Brees would've gotten at least another 10-15 yards in 15 seconds then you are delusional. The Saints have their two starters at DT out for the game, a back-up was hurt.  They played with a bunch of no-names and backups of backups at D tackle.  My buddy has already talked about the number of times he saw one DT and three DE's on the field and he expected to be gashed by the run.  Their "vaunted" DB's looked pedestrian, granted it was Hopkins who is one of the best WR in the league.

Hyde looked like a world beater most of the game, then unexplainedly stopped using him as much and Brees /Kamara/Thomas caught fire.  The play was running into the kicker, not roughing the kicker.  Either way Houston gets to re-kick.  The Saints and Texans played the, no I don't want to win the game Russian roulette for the last 3 minutes or so.  The Saints hung in there and gutted out the win and I have already been annoyed for over an hour at work this morning.

I still do not see the Saints as a much better team than we are.  Sure we laid a big fat egg, but I think we have just as good of a team.

We looked like hot garbage against the Viqueens.  I love Julio, but we overpaid. I expect us to get better, I don't think we played enough starters in the preseason.  We looked horrid and that is quite possibly the worst start we could have gotten off to.  I fully expect the Falcons to win 10 games this year, and maybe 11.  I expected the Saints to do the same.  The Saints have a brutal three game stretch approaching with the Rams, Seahawks and Cowgirls.  We have the Eagle, Colts and Titans.  I expect we will both be 2-2 after week 4.

Also, the fact that anyone thinks the games are winners are scripted is crazy.  If it was scripted then Blank would've already written the check to get his team the SB win, and J Jones would've already paid for at least 5 more SB wins.

Iron Saint likes this

The Saints and Falcons will be tied in the Division after the Saints lose to the Rams and the Falcons beat the Eagles. Falcons are at home. Saints on the road. The NFC South isn't that great this season. I don't see any team from this division going to the Superbowl.

3 hours ago, golferplus1 said:

So I have never joined a forum about the Falcons but here it goes.......

I have a peer at work that is a huge Aints fan.  I make fun of him, he makes fun of me.  Both of us still hate the 49'ers (no matter how good we thought we were the 49'ers came in and kicked the crap out of both of us).  I dislike the Saints but he is a good guy.

I watch most every NFC South game every year, because I like to see how each team is actually playing and not read it from ESPN or somewhere else so I have an idea of how hard the games will be.  I keep up with the Saints goings on through my buddy at work.

The Saints started well, a couple of bad plays and their D was horrid, then a pick in the RZ(which the announcers seemed to think was a once in a lifetime thing) and then a complete screw up by the refs at the end of the half and the Saints are down 14-3.  If you don't think Brees would've gotten at least another 10-15 yards in 15 seconds then you are delusional. The Saints have their two starters at DT out for the game, a back-up was hurt.  They played with a bunch of no-names and backups of backups at D tackle.  My buddy has already talked about the number of times he saw one DT and three DE's on the field and he expected to be gashed by the run.  Their "vaunted" DB's looked pedestrian, granted it was Hopkins who is one of the best WR in the league.

Hyde looked like a world beater most of the game, then unexplainedly stopped using him as much and Brees /Kamara/Thomas caught fire.  The play was running into the kicker, not roughing the kicker.  Either way Houston gets to re-kick.  The Saints and Texans played the, no I don't want to win the game Russian roulette for the last 3 minutes or so.  The Saints hung in there and gutted out the win and I have already been annoyed for over an hour at work this morning.

I still do not see the Saints as a much better team than we are.  Sure we laid a big fat egg, but I think we have just as good of a team.

We looked like hot garbage against the Viqueens.  I love Julio, but we overpaid. I expect us to get better, I don't think we played enough starters in the preseason.  We looked horrid and that is quite possibly the worst start we could have gotten off to.  I fully expect the Falcons to win 10 games this year, and maybe 11.  I expected the Saints to do the same.  The Saints have a brutal three game stretch approaching with the Rams, Seahawks and Cowgirls.  We have the Eagle, Colts and Titans.  I expect we will both be 2-2 after week 4.

Also, the fact that anyone thinks the games are winners are scripted is crazy.  If it was scripted then Blank would've already written the check to get his team the SB win, and J Jones would've already paid for at least 5 more SB wins.

After how this team played. We could be possibly 0-4 going into week 5. Eagles and titans are physical and we play at indy and they arent a slouch either. 

2 hours ago, Champagne said:

The Saints and Falcons will be tied in the Division after the Saints lose to the Rams and the Falcons beat the Eagles. Falcons are at home. Saints on the road. The NFC South isn't that great this season. I don't see any team from this division going to the Superbowl.

You are insinuating that we will actually  beat the eagles.

Did anybody see this play? Just seen it on YT. Go to 1:13 Did von miller get lit up or is my eyes playing games on me lol

I think this one can be moved to "Around the NFL" now.

But this was a good read, I appreciated it, gentlemen. :tiphat:

On 9/9/2019 at 6:25 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

My goodness Watt is screaming off the edge. That RT is in trouble. I expect a lot of help on that side next drive.

If only screaming was a DE stat, because that would be the only stat he had Monday night.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:37 PM, E. T. said:

Ha...nice! Who saw the sign that read..."HOU DAT"

I did, he looked awfully sad carrying it back to his hotel.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, NWFALCON said:

How come we can’t run screens like that. 

DanQuinn.jpg?fit=640,427&ssl=1

That's why. :lol:

On 9/9/2019 at 7:00 PM, motivation2k3 said:

When the **** did the Saints get Jared Cook ? He is a pro bowl tight end...****

Since March 26th, LOL. Have you been in a coma, my man? Ben Watson retired, then unretired, then signed with the Patriots while you were out too. :lol:

On 9/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, NWFALCON said:

I thought people said the Texans o line was weak???

6 sacks and 11 QB hits surrendered is the definition of weak.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

Saints run D just as bad as ours, maybe worse. 

Yeah, because we had a rookie 3rd string 3-tech starting. Onyemata is now back from his 1-game suspension and Rankins is already practicing despite tearing his Achilles nearly 8 months ago. He'll be ready to go by November 10. ;)

On 9/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, zekeyboy1 said:

NUk!!!!Thats my nephew!!!Beat them SAints!!

Really now? That's pretty awesome. You have a lot to be proud of, he's arguably one of the best WR's in the league, quite possibly the best. He was killing it even with the bums at QB he had throwing to him in 2014-2016. Not many other WR's can say that, he's a special talent.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

LOL SAINTS FANS LOSING TO THE OFFICIAL RULES!!! :lol:

Except we were right... again. And the officials **** the bed... again.

PFT: Officials cost the Saints 15 seconds before halftime

:lol:

On 9/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, DMT11 said:

who tf are these clowns they have on ESPN here announcing this thing - I mean uggghhhh

Thank God I was in the Dome where I don't have to listen to their ignorant rambling for 3 and a half hours.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

Ain’t nobody care about Trequan Smith or Tedd Ginn. 

And thankfully Crennel and Colvin didn't.

9 receptions, 127 yards, 1 TD combined and the crucial last catch by Ginn to set up the GW FG.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

How did MNF become so awful in the announcers department over the years?

That used to be one of the best parts of tuning into MNF every week.

Now it's dreadful

It all started when they let Tirico walk out to door to go to NBC. Now NBC's B-team is unquestionably better then ESPN's A-team.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, Mescalito said:

If the texans do manage to score, you just know they'll leave too much time on the clock for the saints...

Dude... go buy a ****ing Mega-Million ticket RIGHT NOW.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, Mescalito said:

Brees licks his **** fingers too much.

I will concede this point. :D

On 9/9/2019 at 9:10 PM, mqg96 said:

This will be the Saints first 1-0 start since 2013, they had lost 5 consecutive season openers coming into this game. 

Ironically the last team we beat in an opener... was y'all. :ninja:

And y'all went 4-12 that year...

On 9/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, slickgadawg said:

I swear these games looked SCRIPTED sometimes.   WHY in the heck would houston be in a prevent defense in that situation?  and the ball looked like a magnet or something gave it a extra boost in mid flight. tinfoil me if you want but i know what I saw...

Don't do this to yourself, man. :lol:

On 9/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ghostpenguin said:

All they had to do was look at the receiver when he caught the ball. Couldn't have called the time out. That was an idiot move. 

Wrong.

SECTION 2 - DEAD BALL

ARTICLE 1. DEAD BALL DECLARED

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

1. when a runner is contacted by an opponent and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to advance; or
    Note: If, after contact by an opponent, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the ground, the runner is down.
  1. when a runner is held or otherwise restrained so that his forward progress ends.
  2. when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line of scrimmage.
    Note: If a quarterback does not immediately drop to a knee, and contact from a rushing defender is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender commits some other act that would constitute unnecessary roughness.
  1. when a runner declares himself down by:
    1. falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort to advance.

Here's the link to the rule book if you'd like to do some bathroom reading and brush up on your rules prowess. ;)

On 9/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, Panda said:

All they had to do was not tackle him for 2 more seconds lol very falcon esque way to lose the game

Please read above.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Player gives himself up clock is suppose to stop.

Partially, but thankfully at least someone knows the rule around here. I don't know how you do it, sir. :bang:

On 9/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, slider said:

Ref signaled TO as soon as the receiver hit the ground. No Saint I saw was calling TO at that time. Not saying they wouldn't have gotten it called but refs took it upon themselves to call the TO the millisecond the rcvr hit the ground.

Brees and Payton were both signaling timeout. The instant Brees saw Ginn catch it, he turned around to Hussey and called timeout and Payton was less than 10 yards away from the down judge, also calling for a timeout.

If you have Gamepass, go look at the All-22 coaches film (specifically the endzone angle of the play) and you can see Brees calling for the timeout before Ginn is even touched. I'd post the screenshot of it but it's saying the file is too big.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:38 PM, shc said:

Point I was asking was is the play over once he was touched so, if he waited touch him, the play continues. I know they had the TO, but to my knowledge, you can’t call a TO while a play isn’t over. 

He didn't need to be touched down for the play to be over. The play was over the instant he went to the ground and was clearly not trying to advance, which there was still :02 left on the game clock when the TO was called.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, tl;dr said:

Last year's NFCCG was karma for the Brett Favre game. The Vikings were completely and utterly robbed from a Super Bowl that year

The Vikings robbed themselves that year when they turned the ball over 5 times.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:37 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

He's a good coach, I just don't know how good of a personnel guy he is. He didn't do much in Tampa after Dungy's players started leaving.

"Dungy's players"? You mean the players Dungy inherited from Sam Wyche? The 3 captains of that defense they won a Super Bowl with (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch) were all drafted by Sam Wyche, not Tony Dungy.

If Tony Dungy was such a great coach in Tampa, he would've been able to build an offense that could average more than 9.8 ppg in the playoffs. His last two years in Tampa they scored 6 ppg in the playoffs (3 points in 2000 and 9 points in 2001) going one-and-done both years at the Vet in Philadelphia.

Gruden comes in the 2002 offseason, retools the offense, and the Buccaneers average 35.3 ppg in the playoffs including a 27-10 beatdown of the Eagles at the Vet in the NFC Championship, yet Dungy gets the credit for it? LOOOOL, nahhhh.

Edited by Iron Saint

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I think this one can be moved to "Around the NFL" now.

But this was a good read, I appreciated it, gentlemen. :tiphat:

If only screaming was a DE stat, because that would be the only stat he had Monday night.

I did, he looked awfully sad carrying it back to his hotel.

DanQuinn.jpg?fit=640,427&ssl=1

That's why. :lol:

Since March 26th, LOL. Have you been in a coma, my man? Ben Watson retired, then unretired, then signed with the Patriots while you were out too. :lol:

6 sacks and 11 QB hits surrendered is the definition of weak.

Yeah, because we had a rookie 3rd string 3-tech starting. Onyemata is now back from his 1-game suspension and Rankins is already practicing despite tearing his Achilles nearly 8 months ago. He'll be ready to go by November 10. ;)

Really now? That's pretty awesome. You have a lot to be proud of, he's arguably one of the best WR's in the league, quite possibly the best. He was killing it even with the bums at QB he had throwing to him in 2014-2016. Not many other WR's can say that, he's a special talent.

Except we were right... again. And the officials **** the bed... again.

PFT: Officials cost the Saints 15 seconds before halftime

:lol:

Thank God I was in the Dome where I don't have to listen to their ignorant rambling for 3 and a half hours.

And thankfully Crennel and Colvin didn't.

9 receptions, 127 yards, 1 TD combined and the crucial last catch by Ginn to set up the GW FG.

It all started when they let Tirico walk out to door to go to NBC. Now NBC's B-team is unquestionably better then ESPN's A-team.

Dude... go buy a ****ing Mega-Million ticket RIGHT NOW.

I will concede this point. :D

Ironically the last team we beat in an opener... was y'all. :ninja:

And y'all went 4-12 that year...

Don't do this to yourself, man. :lol:

Wrong.

Here's the link to the rule book if you'd like to do some bathroom reading and brush up on your rules prowess. ;)

Please read above.

Partially, but thankfully at least someone knows the rule around here. I don't know how you do it, sir. :bang:

Brees and Payton were both signaling timeout. The instant Brees saw Ginn catch it, he turned around to Hussey and called timeout and Payton was less than 10 yards away from the down judge, also calling for a timeout.

If you have Gamepass, go look at the All-22 coaches film (specifically the endzone angle of the play) and you can see Brees calling for the timeout before Ginn is even touched. I'd post the screenshot of it but it's saying the file is too big.

He didn't need to be touched down for the play to be over. The play was over the instant he went to the ground and was clearly not trying to advance, which there was still :02 left on the game clock when the TO was called.

The Vikings robbed themselves that year when they turned the ball over 5 times.

"Dungy's players"? You mean the players Dungy inherited from Sam Wyche? The 3 captains of that defense they won a Super Bowl with (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch) were all drafted by Sam Wyche, not Tony Dungy.

If Tony Dungy was such a great coach in Tampa, he would've been able to build an offense that could average more than 9.8 ppg in the playoffs. His last two years in Tampa they scored 6 ppg in the playoffs (3 points in 2000 and 9 points in 2001) going one-and-done both years at the Vet in Philadelphia.

Gruden comes in the 2002 offseason, retools the offense, and the Buccaneers average 35.3 ppg in the playoffs including a 27-10 beatdown of the Eagles at the Vet in the NFC Championship, yet Dungy gets the credit for it? LOOOOL, nahhhh.

Image result for sean payton missed pass interference gif

Image result for new orleans saints pass interference meme

Related image

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@Iron Saint

What kind of bored troll reads through 30 pages of majority real-time game chat; days later, at 3am on a weeknight?

Must be lonely.

SENATORS SAVE US!!:sadfan:

You answered your own question in the first four words, my guy. :D

But nah, I was perusing y’all board and happened to notice it at the bottom of the first page of the main board so I decided to remind the mods to move it since I noticed they like to do that with non-Falcon related topics after awhile.

And while I was here I read through the 29 pages, try to gather the mix of emotions through the up-and-downs of the game. Plus it was a Wednesday night, there’s NOTHING going on. 

7 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Image result for sean payton missed pass interference gif

Image result for new orleans saints pass interference meme

Related image

I mean the only reason Brees threw that INT in OT was because of that magnet in the ball and John Johnson’s gloves have metal flakes embedded in them, right? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

You answered your own question in the first four words, my guy. :D

But nah, I was perusing y’all board and happened to notice it at the bottom of the first page of the main board so I decided to remind the mods to move it since I noticed they like to do that with non-Falcon related topics after awhile.

And while I was here I read through the 29 pages, try to gather the mix of emotions through the up-and-downs of the game. Plus it was a Wednesday night, there’s NOTHING going on. 

I mean the only reason Brees threw that INT in OT was because of that magnet in the ball and John Johnson’s gloves have metal flakes embedded in them, right? :lol:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-football-chip-20170914-story.html

la-1505433645-68ywhxkbtd-snap-image

29 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Cool story. But what about this FG? You’re saying that the only reason this FG was good is because of a magnet in the ball?

I mean look how it swings like it’s going to go wide-right when it comes off his foot before it pulls back hard to the left and go right through the middle of the posts... :ninja:

Or let me guess, that was that a ball without a magnet in it and Zuerlein is just that good? :lol:

43 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Cool story. But what about this FG? You’re saying that the only reason this FG was good is because of a magnet in the ball?

I mean look how it swings like it’s going to go wide-right when it comes off his foot before it pulls back hard to the left and go right through the middle of the posts... :ninja:

Or let me guess, that was that a ball without a magnet in it and Zuerlein is just that good? :lol:

The balls started those back and forth movements a couple of seasons ago.  Why didn't they do that before then?

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

The balls started those back and forth movements a couple of seasons ago.  Why didn't they do that before then?

That’s the great mystery then. But if it’s a magnet, then why doesn’t the ball get stuck to players’ facemasks (which are metal) more often? Do they turn it off and on? To they wait until the ball is over the line and on its way before turning the magnet on? :ninja:

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

That’s the great mystery then. But if it’s a magnet, then why doesn’t the ball get stuck to players’ facemasks (which are metal) more often? Do they turn it off and on? To they wait until the ball is over the line and on its way before turning the magnet on? :ninja:

I don't believe its magnets.  Looking at that article, it might be remote controlled some kind of way...