g-dawg

Falcons Therapy Session

22 posts in this topic

Falcon fans, do you remember that point in your life when your momma told you that "no matter how bad you have it today, there is someone else in the world that has it much worse".  - Remember that advice from good ol' mom?

Well here it is Falcons fans - your group is not the only one suffering - and there is another group of fans out there hurting soooo much more worse than you.    Please read this and feel better.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/i-surrender-to-the-extremely-irrational-portion-of-our-fan-base.308234/

Losers to Georgia State and BYU - in Knoxville - in back-to-back weeks.

This Fanbase is hangin' by a thread - VOL Nation!!!!    They all just grabbed hands and jumped off Rocky Top together - in the largest mass suicide in World History :lol:

Image result for dejected tennessee fansImage result for dejected tennessee fansImage result for dejected tennessee fans

camfalcon, JDaveG and Tim Mazetti like this

It looks like the beginning of the end for DQ, that's my honest take. If he squeaks out 9-7, I don't know if that's good enough for the playoffs and if not he's axed. And even if we made the playoffs, depending on how he performs will be crucial. If it ends up a 2011 Mike Smith playoff performance then he's axed.

Either way his seat is cooking. He has his work cut out for him and a tough schedule. The team looked lost -- Ryan included.

37 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It looks like the beginning of the end for DQ, that's my honest take. If he squeaks out 9-7, I don't know if that's good enough for the playoffs and if not he's axed.

Not so fast my friend. 15 more to go. I can hope this was a wake-up.

Their opponents are and will not be perfect....But, just Dam what a sorry..........never mind.

46 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Falcon fans, do you remember that point in your life when your momma told you that "no matter how bad you have it today, there is someone else in the world that has it much worse".  - Remember that advice from good ol' mom?

Well here it is Falcons fans - your group is not the only one suffering - and there is another group of fans out there hurting soooo much more worse than you.    Please read this and feel better.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/i-surrender-to-the-extremely-irrational-portion-of-our-fan-base.308234/

Losers to Georgia State and BYU - in Knoxville - in back-to-back weeks.

This Fanbase is hangin' by a thread - VOL Nation!!!!    They all just grabbed hands and jumped off Rocky Top together - in the largest mass suicide in World History :lol:

Image result for dejected tennessee fansImage result for dejected tennessee fansImage result for dejected tennessee fans

My momma has been dead for a longtime and I'have one foot in the grave and the other on a a banana peel. What I'm trying to say here son is, talk is cheap and I need to get this Falcons Lombardi sooner rather than later...capisce?

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

My momma has been dead for a longtime and I'have one foot in the grave and the other on a a banana peel. What I'm trying to say here son is, talk is cheap and I need to get this Falcons Lombardi sooner rather than later...capisce?

Hello fellow geezer. @Vandy 

Tuff being a fan of this team. Just .....

Vandy and WhenFalconsWin like this

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It looks like the beginning of the end for DQ, that's my honest take. If he squeaks out 9-7, I don't know if that's good enough for the playoffs and if not he's axed. And even if we made the playoffs, depending on how he performs will be crucial. If it ends up a 2011 Mike Smith playoff performance then he's axed.

Either way his seat is cooking. He has his work cut out for him and a tough schedule. The team looked lost -- Ryan included.

SNF in MBS next week (I'm going to be there), will get real ugly, very quick if this team comes out lazy, uninspired and ill-prepared again. 

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Sadly I agree. The handwriting is on the wall ,its not so much that we lost,it's the way we lost.Most people expected a low score defensive battle but the Vikings dominated and we never adjusted.Out coached all over the field,outplayed all over the field. Probably time for me to take a year off. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

:lol:

34 minutes ago, sdogg said:

SNF in MBS next week (I'm going to be there), will get real ugly, very quick if this team comes out lazy, uninspired and ill-prepared again. 

Do a sign.  SDOGG IS HERE

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Yeah I really do feel Quinn is done. I hate it for him.... seems like a good dude but crap.... we have good players.... just can’t act like pros on the field.

sdogg likes this

Just now, Wardog357 said:

Yeah I really do feel Quinn is done. I hate it for him.... seems like a good dude but crap.... we have good players.... just can’t act like pros on the field.

That's the thing. We've seen our players perform well when they're at their best, and they're hard to stop. But that's only when they're disciplined. That 2016 season may have spoiled us, because I'm really not sure what it's gonna take to get that level again and it looks like Dan Quinn might not know either.

Wardog357 likes this

44 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Hide and watch. This will be good.

Vandy likes this

11 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I too fear this fate because I don't know what a new coach/rebuild will be like. I bought into Quinn. I thought he was the guy, I'm still hoping that he is. I hope he turns this thing around because if not Ryan's prime years were wasted. 

Wardog357 and JDaveG like this