Draftnut57

Well, I said before this last draft.

53 posts in this topic

 Got a post somewhere back before the draft.. that said,,  I wish we would get our OL fixed with proven veterans ... And draft every thing else..  It's really hard to get an OL in the draft that can come in immediately and Get the job done.. It's just a saver way to make sure that is taken care of.. And with Ryan depending on the OL,, it is a big deal...  I was hoping we wouldn't do that.. But we did..  I'd love to have gotten Christian Wilkins with our pick , and we could have with both first round picks to have gone up three picks to  get him.. ,, that was the player I really wanted badly....  He's going to be a Grady type DT.  Could you imagine having two DT that can rush the QB.. Oh well, we'll hope for best this year and hope we can just get to the playoffs.;;;;;  I knew this first game would be the hardest one of the year.. and having to play them on he road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt the same way. Hated our off-season moves. Did not like the idea of having to rely on 2 rookies to protect the franchise QB. It's idiotic. Then like you said, we missed out on getting a stud to go along with Grady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody could have foreseen what happened to Lindsteom who has looked solid so far. This is coming from someone who wanted Brian Burns who's looked like a monster for the Panthers. We needed young oline talent and from what I've seen so far from Lindstrom and McGary looked like great picks. It's actually our veteran Matthews and Brown who looked like garbage yesterday. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital
Vandy, vitaman, KRUNKuno and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, it was our First, 1st round pick that had the best performance of the day.  Sadly, he's out for 8 weeks with a broken foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Nobody could have foreseen what happened to Lindsteom who has looked solid so far. This is coming from someone who wanted Brian Burns who's looked like a monster for the Panthers. We needed young oline talent and from what I've seen so far from Lindstrom and McGary looked like great picks. It's actually our veteran Matthews and Brown who looked like garbage yesterday. 

Carpenter. Brown was inactive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Yet it was the veteran free agent James Carpenter who played the worst.

Where did you get that from?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sdogg said:

I felt the same way. Hated our off-season moves. Did not like the idea of having to rely on 2 rookies to protect the franchise QB. It's idiotic. Then like you said, we missed out on getting a stud to go along with Grady. 

Dumb Dummy tried to emulate Colts last years draft.

 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like McGary and Lindstrom. I think we made 2 good picks there. Mack is still solid, but the left side of the line worries me. I think we made 2 good picks this year and you will see it later on.

We need a DT and some CB's like no one's business though. 

dothan_birdman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have no cap space to sign anyone worth anything for the oline so they have to pick players off the scrap heap and pay them league minimums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

No that would have been Matthews or McGary

Matthews. By far.  The experience and  talent level dictate a higher ceiling than a rookie so his level of suck was e pone finally worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindstrom before getting hurt and McGary both did good. The right side actually played great for 2 rookies starting in their first game.

The problem was Jake Matthews getting beat by a spin move over and over and James Carpenter struggling heavily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I like McGary and Lindstrom. I think we made 2 good picks there. Mack is still solid, but the left side of the line worries me. I think we made 2 good picks this year and you will see it later on.

We need a DT and some CB's like no one's business though. 

The tackles weren't the problem.  Tak and vic not containing and the backers plus safeties not filling lanes killed us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys are overreacting to the Oline play, we saw what to Oline was going to look like in our next to last preseason game when we didn't go up against a vanilla defense. They looked terrible and lost.  Guys said it was a learning experience. You have to realize that replacing 60% of your starting Oline requires time for them to gel. IIRC some guys were saying it may take up to game 6 to see consistently good line play. What did you expect to see when our Oline's (5 guys playing their 1st NFL game together) first game is against the best defense in the NFL? So step back, take a breath, and chill.  With all that being said, Philly's defense is not too big a step down from Minny's, so while I expect improved play and pray for a win, 0-2 is a real possibility. 

Run 'n' Shoot and rings639 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Guys are overreacting to the Oline play, we saw what to Oline was going to look like in our next to last preseason game when we didn't go up against a vanilla defense. They looked terrible and lost.  Guys said it was a learning experience. You have to realize that replacing 60% of your starting Oline requires time for them to gel. IIRC some guys were saying it may take up to game 6 to see consistently good line play. What did you expect to see when our Oline's (5 guys playing their 1st NFL game together) first game is against the best defense in the NFL? So step back, take a breath, and chill.  With all that being said, Philly's defense is not too big a step down from Minny's, so while I expect improved play and pray for a win, 0-2 is a real possibility. 

Their defensive line is better than Minny’s, and about 8 deep.  Luckily their secondary isn’t as good.  When our o-line did give Ryan time, there was no one open a good chunk of the time and he forced it.  Hopefully that isn’t the case Sunday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hindsight bias

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
 
Jump to navigationJump to search
"Hindsight" redirects here. For other uses, see Hindsight (disambiguation).

Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along phenomenon[1] or creeping determinism,[2] refers to the common tendency for people to perceive events that have already occurred as having been more predictable than they actually were before the events took place.[3][4] As a result, people often believe, after an event has occurred, that they would have predicted, or perhaps even would have known with a high degree of certainty, what the outcome of the event would have been, before the event occurred. Hindsight bias may cause distortions of our memories of what we knew and/or believed before an event occurred, and is a significant source of overconfidence regarding our ability to predict the outcomes of future events.[5] Examples of hindsight bias can be seen in the writings of historians describing outcomes of battles, physicians recalling clinical trials, and in judicial systems as individuals attribute responsibility on the basis of the supposed predictability of accidents.[6][7][2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

Hindsight bias

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
 
Jump to navigationJump to search
"Hindsight" redirects here. For other uses, see Hindsight (disambiguation).

Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along phenomenon[1] or creeping determinism,[2] refers to the common tendency for people to perceive events that have already occurred as having been more predictable than they actually were before the events took place.[3][4] As a result, people often believe, after an event has occurred, that they would have predicted, or perhaps even would have known with a high degree of certainty, what the outcome of the event would have been, before the event occurred. Hindsight bias may cause distortions of our memories of what we knew and/or believed before an event occurred, and is a significant source of overconfidence regarding our ability to predict the outcomes of future events.[5] Examples of hindsight bias can be seen in the writings of historians describing outcomes of battles, physicians recalling clinical trials, and in judicial systems as individuals attribute responsibility on the basis of the supposed predictability of accidents.[6][7][2]

OP is the king of this.

MSalmon and Smiler11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Nobody could have foreseen what happened to Lindsteom who has looked solid so far. This is coming from someone who wanted Brian Burns who's looked like a monster for the Panthers. We needed young oline talent and from what I've seen so far from Lindstrom and McGary looked like great picks. It's actually our veteran Matthews and Brown who looked like garbage yesterday. 

 

14 hours ago, sdogg said:

I felt the same way. Hated our off-season moves. Did not like the idea of having to rely on 2 rookies to protect the franchise QB. It's idiotic. Then like you said, we missed out on getting a stud to go along with Grady. 

 

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Lindstrom before getting hurt and McGary both did good. The right side actually played great for 2 rookies starting in their first game.

The problem was Jake Matthews getting beat by a spin move over and over and James Carpenter struggling heavily.

As I see it besides the obvious early short field TD opportunities we gave the Vikings.... we lost because our offense played to the strength of the Vikings' D, which is rushing the passer.   That's a bad thing to do when you are trying to settle in two rookies on your O line.   Best thing to do, would have been to play smash mouth football by running straight at those DE's.  Wear down that defense with some straight up power run plays.   Then pass off play action.

Of course even that strategy was set up to fail when we inactivated our huge OG Brown plus -both- our biggest backs, Hill and Allison.   Imagine if we got into a short yardage situation, who was going to run the ball?

This team, I swear....

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

 

 

As I see it besides the obvious early short field TD opportunities we gave the Vikings.... we lost because our offense played to the strength of the Vikings' D, which is rushing the passer.   That's a bad thing to do when you are trying to settle in two rookies on your O line.   Best thing to do, would have been to play smash mouth football by running straight at those DE's.  Wear down that defense with some straight up power run plays.   Then pass off play action.

Of course even that strategy was set up to fail when we inactivated our huge OG Brown plus -both- our biggest backs, Hill and Allison.   Imagine if we got into a short yardage situation, who was going to run the ball?

This team, I swear....

Exactly!  This team is not well coached. 

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now