102 posts in this topic

Kelsey : Coach I talked to Jack Crawford and he was saying they Vikings were doing some things they did not prepare for., but lets talk about the Eagles because we cant have that narrative out there ......

Coach: OK lets talk about the Eagles

6 minutes ago, athell said:

5:09 to 5:12 he pauses and you can tell he is really trying to say the right thing.  He is frustrated after this one.  You see what I mean @NWFALCON?

Yep. After your comment, I hit YouTube to see what he said during the presser. 

Ergo Proxy, PokerSteve and athell like this

5 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Kelsey : Coach I talked to Jack Crawford and he was saying they Vikings were doing some things they did not prepare for., but lets talk about the Eagles because we cant have that narrative out there ......

Coach: OK lets talk about the Eagles

To be fair they did have a new OC and ran a new offense.  But Quinn got out schemed and out coached plain and simple...

Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Malik Jackson is out indefinitely with a “significant” lower leg injury suffered in a Week 1 win against the Washington Redskins, coach Doug Pederson said Monday.

The 29-year-old veteran was carted off the field in the fourth quarter and was wearing a walking boot after the game.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-phi-jackson-injury/eagles-dt-jackson-to-miss-time-with-significant-leg-injury-idUSKCN1VU1WX

He needs to turn this emotion into actions - how about having Beasley be on the inactive list a week for his combined whiffs? or maybe having Ito get the majority of carries if he is getting more yards and hanging onto the ball? or having Sambrailo play LT a series after Matthews allows a sack?

He absolutely coddles some of these players too much since they are supposedly stars but have performances like rookies too often - he should want to keep them happy for the long term but remind them he is their coach during games.

Edited by jlrfalcon
mikeg272 and Hurry_Up_And_Buy like this

Still like Dan Quinn, but that was an absolute ****show. We flat out need to make a statement against the Eagles. All the words can only go so far. This is your defense now. Can't be losing contain. Think the offense was arguably the bigger problem though, really shafted the defense with those tiny fields and repetitive turnovers.

11 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Ok now folks. This isn't coach speak. This what you guys wanted. So don't be inconsistent and come in here complaining.

I agree this isn't coach-speak; DQ is telling us that he is just as disappointed as the rest of us. He's frustrated that his "Teaching" wasn't applied in this game. This team did not have the right mindset to go out and kick someone's ***, and while I believe that is partly on DQ, I also think that team leaders/players didn't do their part in getting the rest of the team (young and new guys) prepared and amped up to do their job and to fight. Grady Jarrett echoed the same sentiments (about setting the edge) before this press conference. The team as a whole was not on the same page, and there were some veteran players (Julio, Beasley, and Matthews) who just didn't make a solid effort. Ryan made a couple of bad decisions, but all in all, he also did more than most to keep things going by using his legs to extend drives. I actually think this is one of the better DQ pressers that I've seen.

He ain’t special. I’m pissed too!!! You have had a full offseason, an extra week of camp to prepare for opening day and this is what you put on the field??? I saw somebody say we didn’t get blown out. What because the Vikings let off the gas and we score garbage touchdowns and go for two for whatever reason? Falcons have practiced against Shannahan’s West Coast offense since Quinn got here and they don’t recognize what their doing??? I have been watching this team for 50 years and this is the poorest excuse I have ever seen for, effort, execution and coaching. If they can correct this in one week then that means they quit on this one. 

40 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

He needs to turn this emotion into actions - how about having Beasley be on the inactive list a week for his combined whiffs? or maybe having Ito get the majority of carries if he is getting more yards and hanging onto the ball? or having Sambrailo play LT a series after Matthews allows a sack?

He absolutely coddles some of these players too much since they are supposedly stars but have performances like rookies too often - he should want to keep them happy for the long term but remind them he is their coach during games.

Not sure Beasley would see that as a 'punishment'......:rolleyes:

uup115, mikeg272 and roguebeaver like this

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

No questions about Beasley pulling up on Cousins?

What a BS bunch of reporters...…..

EDIT ok they did hit on it.  Listen to the thing or you miss it....

Edited by egoprime II
Lowndesfalc likes this