Spts1

Early coaching candidates to replace Quinn..

264 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, vel said:

Lol man they are talking so much trash up here. Gonna get slapped by the Colts and come back to earth. 

I figured as much, LOL. 

This thread will look so stupid when the Falcons end-up winning game and being in the playoffs. This was a terrible set-up game for the Falcons because they were still in Preseason mode. This loss was a wake-up call. This team has players that have pride and they will fight.

The 1st game is always an aberration or anomaly.  You cannot say with certainty where the rest of the season goes. It is pretty sad to see fans like you who will overact rather than thinking methodically. 

Let’s see where we are after 4 or 5 games before writing these hyperbole threads like click bait blogs and articles. 

NeonDeion likes this

26 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. 

This isn't at all about 1 game though.  The team has had a bad 18-game stretch.  During that stretch, the team has rarely looked good - even when they end up winning.

There are real concerns about Quinn.  Sure, it is easier to virtual signal by trying to twist this into the fans overreacting to a game 1 loss.  That isn't it. 

This thread is mostly in jest.  No one is seriously pushing to replace Quinn after one game.

Edited by JeffAtl
Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

This isn't at all about 1 game though.  The team has had a bad 18-game stretch.  During that stretch, the team has rarely looked good - even when they end up winning.

There are real concerns about Quinn.  Sure, it is easier to virtual signal by trying to twist this into the fans overreacting to a game 1 loss.  That isn't it. 

This thread is mostly in jest.  No one is seriously pushing to replace Quinn after one game.

Oh Jeff. If only you really believed that.

Just now, vel said:

Oh Jeff. If only you really believed that.

Well, if we could get Kirby Smart...:D

22 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Mike McCarthy. I think Quinn should get 2 more years though.

Anyone that wants Mike McCarthy as Falcons HC should have their head examined.

putnam6 likes this

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Anyone that wants Mike McCarthy as Falcons HC should have their head examined.

He has a ring. He is really good with an already built roster which we have once the o line gels. 

If we were to fire Quinn I would want someone with head coaching experience and a ring. I don't want any more rookie head coaches personally.

With that said I was thinking about this question last night. Tony Dungy might be a really good option but I doubt he comes back. Mike Tomlin might be worth considering. If Tom Coughlin wanted to coach a few more years maybe but he's pretty old. 

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Probably less than they do at Harvard, Yale, Brown, etc.

But hey pay ALL the student athletes. 

It will be interesting to see which schools get rid of their athletics programs because they can no longer afford them.

Georgia State can continue to get checks from other schools...

43 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He has a ring. He is really good with an already built roster which we have once the o line gels. 

If we were to fire Quinn I would want someone with head coaching experience and a ring. I don't want any more rookie head coaches personally.

With that said I was thinking about this question last night. Tony Dungy might be a really good option but I doubt he comes back. Mike Tomlin might be worth considering. If Tom Coughlin wanted to coach a few more years maybe but he's pretty old. 

Mike McCarthy is one of the worst in game head coaches that has ever paced an NFL sideline!!! You think Dan Quinn or Mike Smith were bad? You need to get a clue about Mike McCarthy. Here, I'll do the work for you and post links to numerous Mike McCarthy coaching gaffs over the years.

Do I need to keep going?

The coaching choices some are making just says sign Quinn to a lifetime contract. 

You don't want Tom Coughlin down in Jax land I don't think he'll last much longer. 

2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Quinn is like a spouse you caught cheating on you.  Yeah, you don't necessarily want to leave and you even think about the good times, but at the same time, you wanna explore your options...

Edited by slickgadawg
JeffAtl likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Mike McCarthy is one of the worst in game head coaches that has ever paced an NFL sideline!!! You think Dan Quinn or Mike Smith were bad? You need to get a clue about Mike McCarthy. Here, I'll do the work for you and post links to numerous Mike McCarthy coaching gaffs over the years.

Do I need to keep going?

Looked at one of those articles about them losing the NFCCG. Writer was berating McCarthy for running the ball with a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter instead of putting it in Rodgers hands.  

Yet we berate Shanny for passing it in the 4th.  

Moral of the story: Sometimes the other team just makes a play or two more than you. 

13 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even though Carroll started off as an assistant in college, he was never a HC of anything until he was promoted by the Jets back in 94'.

By the time Carroll arrived to USC with his 1st college HC gig, he was already a former 2-time NFL HC(Jets and Pats).

Fair point.

On 9/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, Norwood all the way! said:

I'm not one of the doom and gloom guys. It's one game. If we start rolling then ppl around here will change their tune. But I was thinking, if he does get the boot and we get a new head coach, would he stay as the D coordinator? Would people want that? Would he want it? I imagine it would depend on who the new HC is

Honestly the first game is arguably the most meaningless game of the season.  I remember getting beaten by the Bucs in the 2016 home opener in our Super Bowl year.  I would rather take the loss now with time to make corrections than November or December.  

5 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

Honestly the first game is arguably the most meaningless game of the season.  I remember getting beaten by the Bucs in the 2016 home opener in our Super Bowl year.  I would rather take the loss now with time to make corrections than November or December.  

Exact truth!! Drew Bledsoe's first game with the Bills in the season opener against the Patriots in 2003 and he had a point to prove and the Bills won 36-0. Patriots won the Super Bowl.

Truthfully though if I could put together a dream team of coaching excellence right now, I'd go with Todd Monken at HC, Kendal Briles at OC, and Dave Aranda at DC.

9 hours ago, autigerfan said:

Not winning a Superbowl in over 50 years is a more telling Falcon barometer...

I love how everyone here acts like Matt Ryan is irreplaceable or something. Open your eyes - RYAN is REPLACEABLE. Clean house if we flop again this year - Fire Quinn AND TD, then draft Ryan's replacement within the next 2 years. 

Spts1 likes this

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I love how everyone here acts like Matt Ryan is irreplaceable or something. Open your eyes - RYAN is REPLACEABLE. Clean house if we flop again this year - Fire Quinn AND TD, then draft Ryan's replacement within the next 2 years. 

Chances of finding a QB as good as Matt Ryan are very slim. We could so easily end up with the next big time flop and then what? Do you really want the Falcons to do what the Colts did and get rid of Peyton Manning while Peyton could still put up mega numbers and wins?

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Chances of finding a QB as good as Matt Ryan are very slim. We could so easily end up with the next big time flop and then what? Do you really want the Falcons to do what the Colts did and get rid of Peyton Manning while Peyton could still put up mega numbers and wins?

They ended up with Andrew Luck he may have retired, but by all means when he had an o-line he was good. 

I don't think people realize what Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields can be.