slickgadawg

Early coaching candidates to replace Quinn..

263 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No, but there are more pressure on the safeties in Cover-2. The corners just let them go to the safeties. The safeties aren’t helping in that instance. They are isolated.

Besides no cover-2 team plays that coverage as a base really. They do the same thing we do and play cover-3 on early downs and drop the safety in the box.

Trust me, man, the schemes are almost exactly the same. And I’m using almost lightly. Who do you think gave Pete Carroll his first break?

Is there ANY scheme thats brand spanking different than other schemes? 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

To be fair....that is his choice.

He had offers but wanted to spend more time with family

Blank hated Smith...Smith will never get the respect he earned here.

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I hope you're right. 

Here is a fact though, we are still not tough in the trenches, teams that are tough in the trenches beat us down. That hasn't changed under Quinn. In our SB season I remember a not so good Eagles team beating us down in the trenches and running all over our D' and we lost 24-15. 

This is a pattern when we play teams that are tough in the trenches and can run the ball. So far under this regime that hasn't changed. We just get beat up front, the teams blitz us and we cannot block. They throw our rhythm off and our offense looks terrible.  

The Eagles game will say a lot about this.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I'll take Eric Bieniemy and a well scoped DC hire please. Hiring defensive minded head coaches since 2008 has never led us to a consistently good defense. 

Maybe Bobby Petrino made Arthur Blank so mad that he'll never hire another offensive coach as head coach. ;)

Why not Dan Reeves he’ll Jim Mora Jnr **** while we at it get Jerry Glanville back in here.

Hammer Holyfield on the sidelines let’s go back to the past and not win consistently let’s go back to the Rankin Smith ownership models.

17 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Its not the scheme sometimes. Sometimes its the coach...

Right. So why no Richard? He had that defense churning in Seattle after DQ left then has breathed life into that Cowboy unit.

slickgadawg likes this

7 minutes ago, IfTheBirdsCouldTalk said:

Gregg Williams.. Say goodbye to soft.. He's borderline evil.

That might be good. He knows how to beat drew Brees.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Smitty was never gonna sniff a SB.   He's a good turnaround coach but not a "take me to the SB" coach - and never will be.

If Dan Quinn was our defensive coordinator in 2012 we world champions!

46 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Right. So why no Richard? He had that defense churning in Seattle after DQ left then has breathed life into that Cowboy unit.

Good point...

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Our offense is loaded too -- the only  difference is Ryan can't do what Mahomes can do. 

The QB is the most dynamic piece though.  There aren’t too many things Matt can do that Mahomes cannot - but there’s hella things Mahomes can do that Matt cannot.

1 hour ago, uup115 said:

When they traded two drafts worth of picks for a WR that was the end of Smith...and don't tell me it was his idea to do that because no defensive coach or reputable front office person would have done that...he produced 5 winning seasons in a row with average defensive talent.

Too stupid to insult.

Tim Mazetti likes this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I'll take Eric Bieniemy and a well scoped DC hire please. Hiring defensive minded head coaches since 2008 has never led us to a consistently good defense. 

You would think we would get it right eventually with that mindset, even if just in accident via probability lol

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why not Dan Reeves he’ll Jim Mora Jnr **** while we at it get Jerry Glanville back in here.

Hammer Holyfield on the sidelines let’s go back to the past and not win consistently let’s go back to the Rankin Smith ownership models.

Yeah, I was just going to say that.

15 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Pathetic fanbase, already gave up on season and is already talking about coaching candidates. 

It's like you're rubbing off on em or something.

falconsd56 likes this

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It's a fair question because if we miss playoffs we could lose Quinn.

I’d say a fair question when we are close to or have been eliminated from the playoffs. Not so much after week one

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

16 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It's like you're rubbing off on em or something.

Totally. I guess some people are rubbing off on me to have hope for the season too, after 1st game.