slickgadawg

Early coaching candidates to replace Quinn..

263 posts in this topic

If Quinn doesnt make a deep run in the playoffs:   :ninja:

Eric Bieniemy -   Outscoring the opponent with a weak defense worked with Shanahan.  

Bieniemy has that Kansas City Chief offense on a roll and would have similar weapons here in Atlanta:

Image result for eric bieniemy chiefs

Matt Eberflus:

Eberflus is a proponent of the cover 2.  Cover 2 is not run much in the NFL anymore but its a solid bend but don't break defense.  Its also a pretty basic scheme to install.  If Quinn has to go you don't want yet another major defensive overhaul on that side of the ball.  Keep it simple.  The corners can cheat in this scheme because they have help over the top.  Its weak against the run but you can't have everything. He turned the Colts defense around last season:

Image result for matt eberflus

Nick Saban:   A loooong shot but not out of the question.  If Saban wins the National Title this season I can see him looking for one last challenge before retiring. ( if the loot is right, :lol:).  I know, I know the critics say he didn't win the first time around in the NFL.  Guess what?  Belichick and Carroll didn't either.

Image result for nick saban

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

C’mon man. It’s week 1.

Quinn is who he is, nothing gonna change.  A different rap playlist at practice? :lol:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-full-practice-playlist-from-the-fourth-day-of-camp

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-full-practice-playlist-from-the-second-day-of-camp

I'm not one of the doom and gloom guys. It's one game. If we start rolling then ppl around here will change their tune. But I was thinking, if he does get the boot and we get a new head coach, would he stay as the D coordinator? Would people want that? Would he want it? I imagine it would depend on who the new HC is

Edited by Norwood all the way!
autigerfan likes this

10 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You're going Eberflus, but no Kris Richard?

I thought about Richard but he basically runs the same concepts as Quinn.  I could be wrong. I don't know what he is doing in Dallas...

5 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Would Kirby Smart want to leave UGA though?

The LAST thing the Falcons want is another overmatched college coach after Petrino, not saying Smart would be necessarily.

Said college coach would probably need to have extensive NFL experience.

But Saban is great at recruiting which is why he's one of the best college coaches ever and meh in the NFL

Flying Falcon and papachaz like this

5 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Would Kirby Smart want to leave UGA though?

Do NOT want Kirby.  I'm having MAJOR issues with him as a head coach.  EXCELLENT recruiter, EXCELLENT defensive coordinator, but head coach?  Nah...

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The LAST thing the Falcons want is another overmatched college coach after Petrino.

Said college coach would probably need to have extensive NFL experience.

I agree - was surprised you were intrigued by KS being available.

38 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I thought about Richard but he basically runs the same concepts as Quinn.  I could be wrong. I don't know what he is doing in Dallas...

He does, but what do you think Eberflus does with the Cover-2?

There’s not really much daylight between Tampa 2 and that Quinn/Carroll scheme.

PokerSteve, TheFatboi and JDaveG like this

59 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

If Quinn doesnt make a deep run in the playoffs:   :ninja:

Eric Bieniemy -   Outscoring the opponent with a weak defense worked with Shanahan.  

Bieniemy has that Kansas City Chief offense on a roll and would have similar weapons here in Atlanta:

Image result for eric bieniemy chiefs

Matt Eberflus:

Eberflus is a proponent of the cover 2.  Cover 2 is not run much in the NFL anymore but its a solid bend but don't break defense.  Its also a pretty basic scheme to install.  If Quinn has to go you don't want yet another major defensive overhaul on that side of the ball.  Keep it simple.  The corners can cheat in this scheme because they have help over the top.  Its weak against the run but you can't have everything. He turned the Colts defense around last season:

Image result for matt eberflus

Nick Saban:   A loooong shot but not out of the question.  If Saban wins the National Title this season I can see him looking for one last challenge before retiring. ( if the loot is right, :lol:).  I know, I know the critics say he didn't win the first time around in the NFL.  Guess what?  Belichick and Carroll didn't either.

Image result for nick saban

LOL.