Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

Poll - What Falcons Head Coach Has Been the Best All-Time?

What Falcons Head Coach Has Been the Best All-Time?   101 members have voted

1. 1. What Falcons Head Coach Has Been the Best All-Time?

• Norm Van Brocklin 1969-1974
    • Leeman Bennett 1977-1982
    • Dan Henning 1983-1986
    • Marion Campbell 1975-1976, 1987-1989
    • Jerry Glanville 1990-1993
    • June Jones 1994-1996
    • Dan Reeves 1997-2003
    • Jim Mora 2004-2006
    • Mike Smith 2008-2014
    • Dan Quinn 2014-Present
    • Other - Please Specify

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

84 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago, Quinn was still in his honeymoon period as Head Coach and regarded by many on this board as greater than Smith and greatest all-time for the Falcons.  I am curious now how much that has changed in the last year or so.

Of course, Reeves and Quinn are the only two that have hit a Super Bowl for the Falcons (but both losses).  However, especially if Quinn does not make it past this year, Smith will actually have the most wins still as HC.

Quinn also has a 36-29 record in regular season and 3-2 postseason record.  Reeves was 49-59 for the Falcons in regular season and 3-2 in the postseason but his real success was probably in Denver not here.  And, Smith was 66-46 in regular season but terrible in postseason at 1-4.  Glanville had a 27-37 regular season record and 1-1 postseason record, and Mora had a 26-22 regular season record and also a 1-1 postseason record.

Edited by jlrfalcon
SoldMySoul likes this

Jesus, I am getting old!! I forgot about many of the coaches. Hard to say which one is best. It’s not Quinn!!! It wasn’t because of him we made it to the bowl in the first place..... but it was a lot of him we lost. Yeah I am over Danny boy!!! 

james b likes this

9 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Voted for Reeves, but Bennett was a close second.  

My feelings exactly!!!

i probably like the toughest coach, Glanville the best!!!!! Dan Quinn is a sissy.

Edited by SoldMySoul
iPhone error
JeffAtl likes this

10 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Image result for dan reeves and michael vick

Vick: Hello? So you're telling me this joker had only two winning season in 7 years and people think he was a great coach? I've drowned dogs with better winning percentages.

bossFALCON™ and JDaveG like this

14 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why do people like reeves.  He had a losing record and really wasn’t a very good coach.

1998 and 2002 rings a bell? We never got to see Dan Reeves with a franchise QB (full season) except for 2002, and in 2003 Vick got injured. What if Dan Reeves coached the 2004 Falcons instead of Jim Mora? What if Dan Reeves coached Michael Vick and Matt Ryan consistently year after year?

4 hours ago, sdogg said:

None of them. If you can't win the SB, you fail at this job. It's the main objective of the job. 

The NFC was harder when Reeves was here

papachaz likes this

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

1998 and 2002 rings a bell? We never got to see Dan Reeves with a franchise QB (full season) except for 2002, and in 2003 Vick got injured. What if Dan Reeves coached the 2004 Falcons instead of Jim Mora? What if Dan Reeves coached Michael Vick and Matt Ryan consistently year after year?

Dan Reeves couldn't win a super bowl either with Elway.

papachaz and Falconguy like this

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dan Reeves couldn't win a super bowl either with Elway.

and neither could none of the Falcons coaches, so the question is who is the best coach in Falcons history? The top tier compared to the rest. 

29 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why do people like reeves.  He had a losing record and really wasn’t a very good coach.

People like Reeves, because he was easy to like and he had previous success with the Broncos, but the reality was that he was mediocre. Reeves did assemble a Super Bowl team, and you can't overlook that.

I can't understand the love that people had for Glanville. To me, Glanville was a joke. When Jerry Glanville was hired, it was just another half-*** attempt by the Smith family to get anyone they could to coach their pathetic franchise.  I could not stand Glanville before he was the Falcons coach, while he was the Falcons coach, and long after his hick-butt got run out of town. People will say "The Falcons were exciting to watch under Glanville," but it was Prime Time that made the team somewhat relevant. The team was terrible under Glanville.

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

What if pig flew out of my ***.  Reeves was an average coach who had some talented teams and like to play his QBs to much during the preseason.