E. T.

Braves @ Phillies

308 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Could be worse, we could have had the start Houstons pitching did. Oakland leads Houston 17-2 in the top of the 4th.

****, that’s what they have been doing to opponents lately

1 minute ago, 007dawg said:

Riley has got a lot of work to do this Winter to get his swing back.  He is an effing auto out K machine.  Honestly don’t think he is on post season roster 

No, I wouldn't think he makes it. He would have to turn it on these last 2 weeks. Especially if Markakis comes back and is able to get his timing down. Camargo has earned his NLDS roster spot.

BamaBirdLady likes this

Minter might be the biggest disappointment of the season. The other guys that struggled came back strong but Minter has just been bad all year.

K26dp likes this

Can't win em all. Magic number down at 9 though so I can't be too upset about tonight. Playoff number can get down to 4 if the Marlins come back on the Brewers

13 minutes ago, AF89 said:

All I ask is the Braves end at least one night with a magic number of 3. They deprived me of this last year

Why is that?

34 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Minter might be the biggest disappointment of the season. The other guys that struggled came back strong but Minter has just been bad all year.

AJ Minter blew it big time against the Colorado Rockies last year which led to that 4 game sweep they did over us. I never trusted him ever since.

Yelich out for the year. Just hate to see it. He's one of the best in the game and seems like a really cool dude too. Really sucks.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

While we cut ties with him, I think Winkler's in there as well. And Folty has to be included, even though it's not really a surprise.

The good news is that the list of biggest surprises is long and deep.

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

First ticket punched

They're really going to put challenge to our decade of dominance streak without enough WS to show for it

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

They're really going to put challenge to our decade of dominance streak without enough WS to show for it

Especially in a division where none of the other teams have a clue about how to build a team from the ground up like the Dodgers did. That's the scary thing about the Dodgers. They're built on loads of home grown talent. That is exactly what the Braves did when they went on their run, sprinkle in a few veterans here and there and boom, 14 straight division titles. The Dodgers are primed for that and are now halfway there. Wanna know the craziest thing? Before this current playoff run started the Dodgers had never been in the playoffs even 3 straight years and now they're riding high on 7 straight division titles.

Doesnt sound like the Braves are going too big into rest mode if they clinch the East early. Players said they expect to win everyday and Snitker indicated they'll keep pushing within reason. Swanson mentioned it's too difficult to get going again if you slow down. He cited the end of last year when the team went 2-4 after clinching and then got overwhelmed by LA. Players sound like they plan to stay in routine and rythm marching into October.