E. T.

Braves @ Phillies

308 posts in this topic

I am ready to admit I was wrong about JD. I was opposed to the trade and had some not so nice things to say about him, one of which I didn't think he was a true Braves player.

I love the player now, I love the way he has embraced the Braves culture! The whole umbrella thing is something I expect from a Braves player.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still have issues with him being a auburn man, but if he keeps brining the rain, I might get over it!

25 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The way Fried is pitching right now is saying he can be a #1 in this league. Stepped out there against the Nats and set the tone for that series without breaking a sweat. 

Our starters in general are rounding into shape at the perfect time.

18 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Folty post ASB (or since he came back up)

7 starts, 3-0, 39.2 IP, 13 ER, 38 K, 14 BB, 35 H, 2.98 ERA, 1.25 WHIP

Could pick up another win tonight. Feel free to check my math too, but regardless, he has been much better since coming back up

He's had 2 really lights out starts, the rest have been pretty average because in 3 of them he couldn't make it past the 5th inning, although I will say, one of those was the one where Snitker pulled him early because apparently Folty got too hot. His 2 lights out starts have been at Mets and at Phillies throwing to Alex Jackson and B-Mac.

Speaking of throwing to a specific catcher, I saw yesterday where over the weekend Noah Syndergaard threw an absolute fit about having to pitch to Wilson Ramos and had asked earlier in the season to not be paired up with him. The numbers support that too. Syndergaard's ERA throwing to Ramos is over 5 in 15 starts this year and it's way under 3 throwing to anyone else.

Drew4719 and tl;dr like this

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Since being called back up Folty has a 2.95 ERA.

While averaging less than 6 innings per start. He's only gone at least 6 in 3 out of 7 starts. He's gone less than 5 twice, and he's been on a roller coaster of 1 good start and 1 bad start.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

The way Fried is pitching right now is saying he can be a #1 in this league. Stepped out there against the Nats and set the tone for that series without breaking a sweat. 

I tried pumping up Max Fried for a couple years now. I was so pissed it took until year 3 for him to finally be put in the rotation and left alone.

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

While averaging less than 6 innings per start. He's only gone at least 6 in 3 out of 7 starts. He's gone less than 5 twice, and he's been on a roller coaster of 1 good start and 1 bad start.

I dont think he has really been bad in any start since he has been back...he has had a few that he was less than sharp but he has given his team a chance pretty much every outing......which is all that you can ask for

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's had 2 really lights out starts, the rest have been pretty average because in 3 of them he couldn't make it past the 5th inning, although I will say, one of those was the one where Snitker pulled him early because apparently Folty got too hot. His 2 lights out starts have been at Mets and at Phillies throwing to Alex Jackson and B-Mac.

Speaking of throwing to a specific catcher, I saw yesterday where over the weekend Noah Syndergaard threw an absolute fit about having to pitch to Wilson Ramos and had asked earlier in the season to not be paired up with him. The numbers support that too. Syndergaard's ERA throwing to Ramos is over 5 in 15 starts this year and it's way under 3 throwing to anyone else.

Those less than 5 innings starts were still much better than what we got from him before that. 

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I am ready to admit I was wrong about JD. I was opposed to the trade and had some not so nice things to say about him, one of which I didn't think he was a true Braves player.

I love the player now, I love the way he has embraced the Braves culture! The whole umbrella thing is something I expect from a Braves player.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still have issues with him being a auburn man, but if he keeps brining the rain, I might get over it!

JD was signed as a free agent. 

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I dont think he has really been bad in any start since he has been back...he has had a few that he was less than sharp but he has given his team a chance pretty much every outing......which is all that you can ask for

We'll have to agree to disagree. A starting pitcher not being able to pitch 5 innings is a bad start in my book. The only excuse for that is a rain delay.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

At this rate that playoff rotation will be harder to pick than we thought. 

Gotta think the only part they will have to figure out is Julio or Folty for the 4th spot. While Julio probably derseves it more, I think he also might be better in long relief. Folty is a very emotional player. may be easier to keep his nerves in check on a scheduled start instead of just bringing him in the game whenever.