E. T.

Braves @ Phillies

308 posts in this topic

When Folty is on he is straight up nasty and probably our 2nd best pitcher and on some teams he has #1 stuff.   If all of our guys pitch to their best i would say Soroka is the true ace and then  Dallas, Fried, and Folty are all legit #2 options with Julio being a very quality #3.    We really don't have any guy in our starting 5 who is worse than a #3.

Folty post ASB (or since he came back up)

7 starts, 3-0, 39.2 IP, 13 ER, 38 K, 14 BB, 35 H, 2.98 ERA, 1.25 WHIP

Could pick up another win tonight. Feel free to check my math too, but regardless, he has been much better since coming back up

Drew4719 likes this

A calm and confident Folty is dangerous. It's when hes frustrated that he gets knocked around. Tonight was probably the calmest hes been all season. Just cool, collected and precise.

Drew4719 likes this

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I know Tomlin is just here to eat innings, but please don't mess around too much with this game

:tiphat:

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

A calm and confident Folty is dangerous. It's when hes frustrated that he gets knocked around. Tonight was probably the calmest hes been all season. Just cool, collected and precise.

Gingers are unpredictable. Just when you think you know them they bring you a night like tonight. Lmao. I’m bringing ginger love tonight. He needs it. Great showing. For sure. 

I like the match ups we have the next 3 games. I think we can take 2 of 3 against the Phillies in the remainder of the series for sure. That would eliminate them from the division talk. 

Our magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 5 right now with the Brewers. 
And the magic number with the Nats dropped to 10 today. We also have a magic number of 11 to secure home field against the Cardinals in the NLDS if that is who we play.

3 back of the idle Dodgers now, but I doubt we catch them with their schedule. Regardless of what happens with them, I kind of hope we push for 100 wins. I would probably feel differently if we tried that and someone got seriously hurt though. 

Additionally... it looks like we will miss Strasburg and Corbin in Washington. 

Nick Markakis will take BP and run drills tomorrow. If all goes well he will be in uniform and ready to go in DC this weekend. He would have 2 weeks of what will basically be Spring Training to get his timing back before the playoffs begin.

I enjoyed the stress-free game last night. I also am liking getting Good Julio and Good Folty consistently now.