E. T.

Braves @ Phillies

308 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, brdu4 said:

Great win tonight. If we take 1 of the next 2 the Braves will eliminate Phillies from the division in their own place. Also the magic numbers are 2 for the Mets and 8 for the Nats

Actually, tomorrow is the last game of the series and the Braves need to win it to eliminate the Phillies from the division title in their park.

Braves are planning on having Markakis play LF against RHP. Joyce would be in RF. Snitker said he'll give Markakis the option to remain in LF full time if he would rather. Ender isn't expected back until the final week of the season.

K26dp likes this

Braves are back within 3 of the Dodgers. Cards remain 4 up on the Cubs and remain on track for the NLDS showdown with Atlanta. Brewers are now tied for the #2 WC. Mets and Phillies are 2 back of the WC. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves are planning on having Markakis play LF against RHP. Joyce would be in RF. Snitker said he'll give Markakis the option to remain in LF full time if he would rather. Ender isn't expected back until the final week of the season.

Ok, this makes absolutely no sense at all. Joyce in his career has started 474 games in RF and 230 in LF. So it's not like Joyce is hardly familiar with how to play LF. Nick Markakis on the other hand in his career has started 1923 games in RF and only 27 in LF. WTF Snit?

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok, this makes absolutely no sense at all. Joyce in his career has started 474 games in RF and 230 in LF. So it's not like Joyce is hardly familiar with how to play LF. Nick Markakis on the other hand in his career has started 1923 games in RF and only 27 in LF. WTF Snit?

DOB said Snitker indicated it's so he can ease back in with LF. In October he might switch back but while hes basically rehabbing he'll get LF.

2 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

In the words of the great Joe Simpson, “more like Bringer of D.”

Ha, that's awesome. Makes me sad I missed it.

49 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Keuchel was asked if he had extra motivation against Philly after they didnt pursue him as a FA.

Saw that live after the game and just started laughing..

Burn!

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB said Snitker indicated it's so he can ease back in with LF. In October he might switch back but while hes basically rehabbing he'll get LF.

I still don't understand. What's wrong with easing him back in with HIS position? We're already rotating both corner OF spots so it's weird to that Snit even came up with such a dumb idea.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Saw where that garbage ump missed 7 calls in the Bottom 9th last night.

Dude it was so bad. With one batter, one of Melancon's worst pitches was called a strike and the other ones were called balls. Just a weird game. Glad it didn't cost us anything

Malachore likes this

23 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Dude it was so bad. With one batter, one of Melancon's worst pitches was called a strike and the other ones were called balls. Just a weird game. Glad it didn't cost us

Yeah I watched the whole inning.

I was sitting there thinking to myself this sack a **** missed 4 straight calls.

Melancon looked dominant and nearly blew a save because of it, it's pathetic and something needs to change.

tl;dr likes this

Good start. What the heck is that scorer dude saying? That's a hit lol.

At least we get Smoltz tonight