Jump to content

Thank you Vikings...


The O.D.B
 Share

Recommended Posts

The benefits of a good whoopin early

When you were a kid, your parents or some adult told you "don't do that" at some point in your life. As kids often do, you pushed your luck, got punished in some way. Maybe you got verbally scolded, maybe you got your hand smacked or something else that wasn't that bad So, you pushed your luck again and again until you got that restrained but undeniable butt whoopin. In short, you got by and got by until someone got you straight. This is often what our team does and unfortunately, the whooping usually comes at a mid-late point in the season and leaves them searching for answers because, they though they were better than this. 

When you were a kid, someone in your life didn't puss-foot around and went strait to that restrained but undeniable butt whoopin and you didn't do X again, did you? You immediately understood what you needed to do for that not to happen again. 

For this I want to Thank the Vikes because, I know my team are fighters and I know you just made a much better Falcons team with a single game. Any illusions of coasting on talent and media accolades from a previous years are gone. 

The Eagles better bring their A-Game this week.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

It was the equivalent of the fight between Ivan Drago and Apollo Creed in Rocky 4....."throw the **** towel"

And m0fo had the audacity to say I was disrespectful to Vic. Boy better get some tissue and hope he plays better if he’s worried about disrespect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

The Eagles got pushed around by the Redskins yesterday for 2 and 1/2 quarters. It will be a dogfight to beat them but to me the Vikings looked way better then the Eagles did yesterday 

Division game and there's that whole week 1 thing.

People are saying it about the Falcons and rightfully so but that goes both ways.

Eagles climbed out of a 0-17 hole too.  Let's not overlook that.

Falcons were in a 0/14 hole and just dug it deeper...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Division game and there's that whole week 1 thing.

People are saying it about the Falcons and rightfully so but that goes both ways.

Eagles climbed out of a 0-17 hole too.  Let's not overlook that.

Falcons were in a 0/14 hole and just dug it deeper...

I am definitely not cutting the Falcons any slack. They have a whole lot of work to do if they want to beat the Eagles. From DQ on down. 

I just think overall the Vikings are a far better team then the Eagles and we match up with them at least a little bit better

I am usually glass half full type of guy but it was pretty empty by halftime yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I am definitely not cutting the Falcons any slack. They have a whole lot of work to do if they want to beat the Eagles. From DQ on down. 

I just think overall the Vikings are a far better team then the Eagles and we match up with them at least a little bit better

I am usually glass half full type of guy but it was pretty empty by halftime yesterday.

I don't know.  I know the Falcons made them look like a much better team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And m0fo had the audacity to say I was disrespectful to Vic. Boy better get some tissue and hope he plays better if he’s worried about disrespect

Bro..... Vic is hands down the softest football player I have ever witnessed.  How anyone can jump on you after watching Vic try to play two hand touch or completely STOP a lay up sack on Cousins is just blind with Vic love.  I cheered for Vic, still do.  I want him to do well, he isn’t.  I am sure he is a great guy so I am not disrespecting him as a man, but I really wish we would have let him walk.  I would LOVE to eat crow, but I think we both know what Vic is going to show us this upcoming Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

Bro..... Vic is hands down the softest football player I have ever witnessed.  How anyone can jump on you after watching Vic try to play two hand touch or completely STOP a lay up sack on Cousins is just blind with Vic love.  I cheered for Vic, still do.  I want him to do well, he isn’t.  I am sure he is a great guy so I am not disrespecting him as a man, but I really wish we would have let him walk.  I would LOVE to eat crow, but I think we both know what Vic is going to show us this upcoming Sunday.

Agree with you, want to add:  Vic is more soft in the head and heart than anything else.  Another problem:  no matter what Beasley is rich.   You can bet he knows it too.   The man is getting paid no matter what our Win-Loss record is.

Vic is an example of a player who always needs to be playing in a contract year so a team can get the most out of him.  Even that may not be enough.  Last season after reports surfaced about Vic maybe losing the fifth year option, Vic turned his game up at the END of the season.

This is now Vic's contract year.  Thing is, he is getting paid. Looks to me Vic is 'preserving' his body.... for his new team and contract.

I called him "Bye-Week Vic" last year.   Looks like he is earning that title again....

Edited by egoprime II
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Hopefully the Falcons bully the Eagles.

I would love for this to happen.  We have to start showing life.  I’m pretty sure the Falcons have a stigma around the league and in other locker rooms that makes us out to be weak pushovers.  We are too talented to continue to let other teams do what they will with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...