Califalcon0013

Hit on Russel Gage

53 posts in this topic

Missed call.  The flag on Neal was for late hit, (which was a bad call, runner was engaged in bounds).  The play before Neal's hit, Rico got flagged for helmet to helmet also, just a bad afternoon all the way around.

2 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

How was there no flag throw on the helmet to helmet hit he suffered? But neal gets a flagged for lowering shoulder on the following drive?

Late hit vs bang bang play.

4 minutes ago, blutarski said:

Missed call.  The flag on Neal was for late hit, (which was a bad call, runner was engaged in bounds).  The play before Neal's hit, Rico got flagged for helmet to helmet also, just a bad afternoon all the way around.

I'm pretty sure the one on Neal they specifically said he lowered the helmet to initiate contact.

Jesus and Drew4719 like this

And, for what it's worth, the calls on Rico and Neal are fine.........IF they flag the guy who hit Gage.

As it is, let's just say the Vikings got away with a whole lot of crap that we didn't.  And before someone says "the refs didn't cost us the game," you're right.  And that's worse because the Vikings were beating the tar out of us without the refs help, so why be one-sided in the calls?

FA91, Chaz, falconsd56 and 6 others like this

Neal's hit was pure frustration. He needs to do a better job controlling that. He made clean tackles in the game. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

And, for what it's worth, the calls on Rico and Neal are fine.........IF they flag the guy who hit Gage.

As it is, let's just say the Vikings got away with a whole lot of crap that we didn't.  And before someone says "the refs didn't cost us the game," you're right.  And that's worse because the Vikings were beating the tar out of us without the refs help, so why be one-sided in the calls?

I'd need to see the Neal hit again.  Live, it seemed like a complete BS call and was flagged because it was a big hit.  Do you think he lead with his helmet?  Seemed in bounds and lead with shoulder...but again, would need to rewatch.

Just now, athell said:

I'd need to see the Neal hit again.  Live, it seemed like a complete BS call and was flagged because it was a big hit.  Do you think he lead with his helmet?  Seemed in bounds and lead with shoulder...but again, would need to rewatch.

He absolutely lowered his helmet before contact, which is the basis for the call.  And my recollection is he put the crown of his helmet in the guy's earhole.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

He absolutely lowered his helmet before contact, which is the basis for the call.  And my recollection is he put the crown of his helmet in the guy's earhole.

I'm watching it now on Gamepass, and it's one of those instances where the head comes with the shoulder.  Neal lowered his body, and actually lead with the shoulder, head just happened to come with it.  Neal wasn't head hunting, looked more like a body check, but runners helmet snapped into Neal's helmet.

athell likes this

Straight home cooking.

It was bad enough that we played like (enter language filter here) or that the other team was just better prepared all the way around, but to have homer calls happening all day just made all of that even worse. I’m definitely not saying that was why we lost at all, we did that ourselves no doubt, but it just felt like the refs kicking dirt in our face or rather like Red sneaking that last second punch in on Debo after Ice Cube already knocked him out and then Ezell came and stole his shoes in “Friday”.

I can not believe they didn’t throw a flag on that Gage hit.

Horrendous indeed :argh:

Edited by The Vent King
JDaveG likes this

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I wouldn’t go so far to say that, cuz those no calls and calls against us definitely helped the Vikes. The only time we got helped out were obvious offsides penalties. 

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Still seems like a BS call to me...

I didn’t get to see the game but that video notice the ref was pulling the flag before Neal even made contact. He had already made up his mind. I know the game is over and nothing we can do but I still think AB needs to send goodwill a letter and have them put on notice that we tend to get screwed on a lot of bad calls and that it needs to stop. 

3 minutes ago, blutarski said:

I'm watching it now on Gamepass, and it's one of those instances where the head comes with the shoulder.  Neal lowered his body, and actually lead with the shoulder, head just happened to come with it.  Neal wasn't head hunting, looked more like a body check, but runners helmet snapped into Neal's helmet.

Agree completely. It was no where near as bad as Harrison Smith’s hit on Gage where his head and body was 90 degrees to the turf. Was a blatant call and the refs let it slide. 

JDaveG likes this

Wow, how many times do you see that play happen in games and never think anything of it, let alone throw a flag?!

11 minutes ago, athell said:

Still seems like a BS call to me...

I mean, he hits him in the face with the crown of his helmet.  That seems a pretty clear violation.

The BS was the non-call on Gage's hit.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I wouldn’t go so far to say that, cuz those no calls and calls against us definitely helped the Vikes. The only time we got helped out were obvious offsides penalties. 

It they call the blatant OPI and Holding by the receiver on the 3rd td run......different game

JDaveG likes this

23 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

How was there no flag throw on the helmet to helmet hit he suffered? But neal gets a flagged for lowering shoulder on the following drive?

Should have been a flag. And the first Ryan interception certainly seemed like it might have hit the ground but mysteriously we couldn't get a single angle that could show the impact of the player hitting the ground :shrug:

Panda likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I mean, he hits him in the face with the crown of his helmet.  That seems a pretty clear violation.

The BS was the non-call on Gage's hit.

I dunno about clear, but I can see how they would call it that especially live.  If you pause it right at impact, you see him leading with his shoulder.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I dunno about clear, but I can see how they would call it that especially live.  If you pause it right at impact, you see him leading with his shoulder.

I paused it at impact and I saw the receiver's head rock back and KeKe's helmet hitting him in the face.