TheHeartless

Chris Lindstrom Will Be In Boot For 8 Weeks

64 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

I hate this also because rookies need to take their lumps and he will miss another 6 weeks of lumps.

Just save the lumps for next season

Lindstrom was probably going to be our best chance at mitigating the dominance of Fletcher Cox.

We will need to run behind Brown and McGary on the right side and let the OL get some reps away from them teeing off on our right side.

Glad we still have Wes as swing inside guy.

Matthews must rebound.

McGary will have to get up to speed. Good to see him get his feet wet.

Cole World likes this

Depending how bad it is 8 weeks he'll be out of the boot but then he'll still have another month before it feels normal again. It's a ****** injury to get, especially for big dude.

JDaveG likes this

14 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

It sucks but it's not 2018 all over again. We have Brown, Wes (ehhhh), and possibly Gono that can play RG... WAY better than last year's "depth".

Eagles just lost Malik Jackson so this will help given our OL stabilizing still..

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

These foot injuries seem to be increasing in frequency. 

This sucks. 

A lot of big boys playing football these days. 

20 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Lindstrom was probably going to be our best chance at mitigating the dominance of Fletcher Cox.

We will need to run behind Brown and McGary on the right side and let the OL get some reps away from them teeing off on our right side.

Glad we still have Wes as swing inside guy.

Matthews must rebound.

McGary will have to get up to speed. Good to see him get his feet wet.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

A lot of big boys playing football these days. 

I bet it has something more to do with the way the cleats and turf are interacting. Too much "stick" = greater force on that outside edge of the foot. 

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I bet it has something more to do with the way the cleats and turf are interacting. Too much "stick" = greater force on that outside edge of the foot. 

I'm no pro athlete but I've never enjoyed the feel of astroturf under my feet. Of course the most I played on it was the intramural fields at Ga Tech, but I think I'd rather play on asphalt. I don't see how these guys do it week in and week out.

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I'm no pro athlete but I've never enjoyed the feel of astroturf under my feet. Of course the most I played on it was the intramural fields at Ga Tech, but I think I'd rather play on asphalt. I don't see how these guys do it week in and week out.

Field Turf is different, of course, or so they say. I haven't seen any data on if it's any safer though.

Geneaut likes this

Just now, Jesus said:

Field Turf is different, of course, or so they say. I haven't seen any data on if it's any safer though.

Oh yeah. The crap we played on at GT in 1988 was probably nothing like what they have today. The local college has pretty new turf and it certainly isn't the 'outdoor carpet over cement' feel of the 80s stuff, but it even feels strange to walk on. I'm sure athletes adjust to it.

2 minutes ago, rudy said:

Does anybody know why Jamon Brown was on the inactive list?

I assume since Wes is also the backup OC they were using Wes as the primary interior backup this week.

Ergo Proxy and rudy like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

That must be worse than expected. 8 weeks for fracture is lot.

Foot fractures are tough.  Any weight bearing fracture is, but the foot is made up of smaller bones that are more easily stressed.

Ergo Proxy likes this

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I assume since Wes is also the backup OC they were using Wes as the primary interior backup this week.

Yea that makes sense I guess. Hard to imagine that we would put a big free agent signing on inactive list. I guess he'll start next week at RG now that we don't have Lindstrom.

This season is beginning to smell bad early...

So basically our 1st pick in the 2019 draft is out for 8 weeks or more, and our 2nd pick who we traded up late in the 1st round has a heart condition and couldn’t play the whole preseason. For where we are now (not in the future) we screwed up the 2019 draft already, and our O-line looks much worse than last season right now.

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Foot fractures are tough.  Any weight bearing fracture is, but the foot is made up of smaller bones that are more easily stressed.

Depending on which bone they are also really common and easy to recover from.

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, athell said:

Stop being so dramatic.

You think it's not? A rookie who gets injured in week one, will be in boot for eight weeks, and then needs to practice after that. So at best, he'll be able to contribute around Thanksgiving. I hope he comes back strong but it's made things difficult. 

Just now, BlazerSlayer said:

You think it's not? A rookie who gets injured in week one, will be in boot for eight weeks, and then needs to practice after that. So at best, he'll be able to contribute around Thanksgiving. I hope he comes back strong but it's made things difficult. 

No, it's not.  He will be back this year as was Debo last year.  Still plenty for the young man to learn and achieve this season, 

BlazerSlayer and Geneaut like this