droopy1592

Anyone got a gif of that missed Vic Beasley sack?

115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

We’d still have the same issue not having the edge long term.

You can be in the conversation with Clowney but realistically after what we were resigning I don’t think he was an option.Irvin at 30 plus wasn’t a long term option for us either,rental they were never attached.

We have to accept that DQ wanted his guy so after that all the rest is noise.

Rightly or wrongly we are about to find out.

I think we could have made Clowney work long term. It would have meant the end Bealsey obviously and guys like Sanu, Free, and Carpenter over the next few years but a guy of Clowneys caliber is well worth it imo. He was a terror yesterday for Seattle and has that dog mentality. 

Malachore likes this

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, truly I do, but I'm sure Vic let up because he didn't want to end up getting a roughing the passer call against him. 

I can't blame Vic for that, I blame the increasingly soft rules of the NFL for him missing that sack.

PFF graded him above average against the pass and right at average against the run. Pretty much where I’m at on his week 1 performance.

9 hours ago, djbrough said:

Catch 22. If Cousins actually throws the ball instead of the pump-fake, and Beasley clocks him, I guarantee he would have been flagged.

SO WHAT?!? So frikking WHAT if he gets flagged? Sometimes you have to eat a penalty or two to send a message. Even if that message is to your own teammates. He just doesn't have a linebacker mentality. Or a defensive end mentality. Or--- a football mentality.

Malachore and CoachCatchPhrase like this

4 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I think we could have made Clowney work long term. It would have meant the end Bealsey obviously and guys like Sanu, Free, and Carpenter over the next few years but a guy of Clowneys caliber is well worth it imo. He was a terror yesterday for Seattle and has that dog mentality. 

Where do you think his deal starts though.

DeMarcus Lawrence got 21 per so I think it may start there and after signing DEbo & Jarrett with also trying to add Neal and Hooper maybe in the future I’m not sure it could have been done.

If you were serious about a guy like Clowney I think one of thee guys we decided to resign this year doesn’t get resigned.

19 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

So I was about the 15 th response in this thread why is it I was the first to mention that hook by the RT.

Lol I saw that right off the bat.

I think it says pretty much how our fan base thinks of VB 44 outside of a multiple sack game or a double sack year there done with him and will not look at what he’s done good but will critique first,nevermind things like that.

VB44s probably if I could be bothered gets hooked like that a number of times in games.

Should have finished sure but again a clear hook is a clear hook officials need to do there jobs as well.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that. The zebras have been unabashedly and unapologetically shafting the Falcons since they came into the league. After 50 gotdam years of it, pretty sure it's never going to be any different.

It's not enough that they're ill-trained, incompetent and stupid, they have to show their bias against us on top of everything else. How I would love to get one of them alone for some re-training with a baseball bat.

kiwifalcon likes this

20 hours ago, djbrough said:

Catch 22. If Cousins actually throws the ball instead of the pump-fake, and Beasley clocks him, I guarantee he would have been flagged.

Nope... Vic could have kept charging and open armed him upon contact if had thrown it, and not drawn a flag.

This was just typical Beasley. There's no more defending that guy.

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s different because like I mentioned if the HC puts his name to a certain guy it’s done.See I don’t think DQ cates about what a fan thinks when evaluating his roster.

Theres no what ifs it’s done.

I compare it to AB saying your a Falcon for life once he’s put his name to it it’s done.

Those are key points.  When the HC and owner have pet projects, that is going to result in some bad contracts and missed opportunities.

20 hours ago, Domed Outter said:

Is it possible for Beasley to get flagged for unnecessary softness?

Schedule a league meeting for the rule change, immediately. He should be release-able per the cba once he gets flagged

3 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Nope... Vic could have kept charging and open armed him upon contact if had thrown it, and not drawn a flag.

This was just typical Beasley. There's no more defending that guy.

Absolutely.  That would not have drawn a flag even if the ball was gone.  Only thing that have drawn a flag would have hitting him high or landing on him.

Edited by JeffAtl
TheUsualStuff likes this

Can’t stand Beasley. Knew he wasn’t a player since he was “breaking out” in 2016 

I still love DQ but **** him for paying Beasley. **** him. Such an obvious move and we failed

What stinks even more about the Clowney deal is that Houston is eating half his salary. Clowney is only counting $8m against the Seahawks cap while we got Vic this year for $12.8.

2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Those are key points.  When the HC and owner have pet projects, that is going to result in some bad contracts and missed opportunities.

That’s the tough decisions you have to make.

Ryan DEbo Julio and Jarrett right there all great decisions yes Beasley is looking like a head scratcher much like Sam Bakers extension.These guys aren’t perfect you just gotta hope they make more good than bad decisions.

I mean because the media mentioned Clowney as an option alot are on that argh we missed the boat or he was a better option but in all essence if we were to have gone there I think one of those 4 mentioned doesn’t get extended.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:54 AM, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Vic is that you? Is that a sign of life??

Speaking of signs of life where are you this week or are you just one of these weak losers who decide to throw shade when the team doesn’t do so well.Talking about being around next week **** right you would have only problem is we won lol.

Sportsman2593 likes this