droopy1592

Anyone got a gif of that missed Vic Beasley sack?

115 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, athell said:

That's what gets me about this play, well...besides the obvious.  You just worked through a hook and had a free shot at the QB.  That is an edge rusher's dream scenario right there and he just let up.  Vic Beasley summarized for me in this one play...tons of physical talent, lots of potential, but can't finish.

I get it with the flags, but I think he was close enough that even if Cousins did get rid of it, he wouldn't have gotten flagged.  But...be aggressive and deal with the flags imo.

Bruh I would have took the flag and laid Cousins out.  Would have definitely changed momentum!!!

1 hour ago, Peteshweddy said:

We can start a go fund me page to help with the fines collected by Vic or anyone else on our defense that needs incentive to bring the pain train to our opponents.  I am sure after watching Vic’s ferociousness our opponents are shaking with fear...

Ain't no one paying millionaires

That was one that he had to make.

Like others I get the flag issue....you lnow that is on defenders mind.

Still he needed to make that play

5 hours ago, notthatcool said:

This one?

First time I've seen this since the game, they di NO replay on it.... thanks for posting.

I thought Vic had almost stopped.... looks like he pulled up too soon wanting to see what Cousins was gonna do.  So Cousins tries to spin away.... then Vic, who -should- have been ready for it, failed to grab Cousins, sliding off him. By the time Vic recovered, ball was out.   Vic -may- have tried harder than I thought.... but he still failed.

That kind of makes it worse...……..?

4 hours ago, The Vent King said:

Yea it’s the new emphasis on protecting the qb that caused that.

Defenders are scared to go full on in anymore cause they know a flag will be thrown if he throws instead of pump-faking and he wastes the dude. You know just 10 years ago Cousins wld have gotten decapitated. But unfortunately now it’s prissy ball or lose 25k and/or get kicked out of the game.

Not that Beasley wld have made that play 10 yrs ago anyway just saying.

The Vikings did not seem worried about it....plus Gage was really hurt.

I get what you are saying though...…….

2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Happens to every pass rusher.  Either he needs to get better at getting the calls or he needs to finish when he does work through them.

For sure.

That wasn’t my point really.Regardless if fans have already made there minds up before they are about to post how can you objectively judge Beasley.

Now I fully understand he hasn’t helped his situation but alot of the comments are reactionary.

JeffAtl likes this

5 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Well the rules these days punish you severely if that isn't a fake and you even brush the QB. I get you though. I think I'd rather take my chances on the flag and know the QB has your number in his mind on every snap after that.

unless the QB happens to have the first name Matt and the last name Ryan

falconsd56 and Geneaut like this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Vic doesn’t have the killer instinct. DQ just called him out in his presser.

I’d be worrying about myself instead of his players.At this point in time he’s got to do a better job in the preparation stakes.

He talks it but somewhere his message is getting lost.

JeffAtl and Flying Falcon like this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Vic doesn’t have the killer instinct. DQ just called him out in his presser.

Unfortunately that's about 13 million and a quality replacement too late.....as in that is what we -could- have had instead of Vic.

Looks like we are seeing what our first round pick next year is gonna be.

CoachCatchPhrase likes this

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Unfortunately that's about 13 million and a quality replacement too late.....as in that is what we -could- have had instead of Vic.

Looks like we are seeing what our first round pick next year is gonna be.

DL next year was always the case. We got 4 guys on a 1 year deal.

Vic was 1 guy on a 1 year deal. Who we gonna pick up at the start of UFA for $13M? On a 1 year offer? See what I mean? We were stuck.

Just make teams pass the ball by fixing that awful run defense and we'll have a shot.,

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

He and this team is too passive. I’d respect him more laying into the QB for once and taking the penalty. 

Even with the rule changes, football is still about dictating your will onto the other team. Philly yesterday did that to us.

3 hours ago, No.11 said:

It's football man. Can't be scared of the refs. Some will call it, some won't. Doesn't matter though. As @Vandy said, you gotta impose your will on the other team. Even if Vic takes a penalty there, DQ won't mind, and Cousins the next time around might just go to ground and take a sack or throw it early (possible interception) because he'll be scared of getting blasted again.

DQ said after last season, he wanted players who would play "nasty".  We do have some but Beasley isn't one of them

Before he can preach 'nasty' to the team, I think coach needs to go look in the mirror and preach it to himself...….:rolleyes:

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

No 13 million wasted Beasley....we are in the Clowney conversation. Even if we signed Bruce Irvin, who would have planted Cousins in the turf, we could have been in the Clowney discussion.

Yeah, and we can dive even deeper into the pool of maybes by pointing out the Vikings' Anthony Barr was there when we drafted Beasley.

I know every team has stories like this ok.  We just seem to have -MORE-...……...

Said it back at the start of the off season that we should let Beasley walk and try making a trade for Clowney. Would have been a massive upgrade to this team. Clowney is exactly what we need on that dline. 

Beasley just isn't a dog. He plays to soft and that play is a great example of who he is. 

Flying Falcon and egoprime II like this

13 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

No 13 million wasted Beasley....we are in the Clowney conversation. Even if we signed Bruce Irvin, who would have planted Cousins in the turf, we could have been in the Clowney discussion.

We’d still have the same issue not having the edge long term.

You can be in the conversation with Clowney but realistically after what we were resigning I don’t think he was an option.Irvin at 30 plus wasn’t a long term option for us either,rental they were never attached.

We have to accept that DQ wanted his guy so after that all the rest is noise.

Rightly or wrongly we are about to find out.

7 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Said it back at the start of the off season that we should let Beasley walk and try making a trade for Clowney. Would have been a massive upgrade to this team. Clowney is exactly what we need on that dline. 

Beasley just isn't a dog. He plays to soft and that play is a great example of who he is. 

And now he is getting paid.   So what's his incentive?  Play for the other players?  The Coaches?  AB?  A new contract?  What?

Flying Falcon likes this

On 9/10/2019 at 0:48 PM, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Agreed, to a point.

However, how is that different then the situation we are in now? I would rather, have a year of Clowney on this roster than I would with the Beas. What is the plan for next year anyway? Besides Takk, who is your other end in 2020? (answer: your drafting him which is no different than if you had Clowney is 2019)

It’s different because like I mentioned if the HC puts his name to a certain guy it’s done.See I don’t think DQ cares about what a fan thinks when evaluating his roster.

Theres no what ifs it’s done.

I compare it to AB saying your a Falcon for life once he’s put his name to it it’s done.

JeffAtl likes this

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

i think the new front with 5 or 3 down guys can work but Takk and Vic choked hard to start yesterday or at points in the game.

Coach them up hard DQ. You’ll need them for this front to work!

Neal looked slow going laterally on that one Cook TD. Hope he and Allen tighten up the backend for us but our edge contain is the biggest problem I saw yesterday. Close 2nd would be Isaiah Oliver.

What about him taking ownership for his bad defense he's over?

Vandy and Malachore like this