droopy1592

Anyone got a gif of that missed Vic Beasley sack?

115 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I don't agree.  These defenders are scared to tee off on these quarterbacks.  Beasley knew that if that ball had been thrown that he was a good two steps from Cousins and the flag WOULD have come out if he hit Cousins. I could be wrong but thats how I see this particular play.  WHY would he pull up and purposely be lazy there and just let Cousins throw the ball? I'm not buying that.  LATE EDIT:  He was even further away than I thought.  I blame the NFL and the roughing the passer,etc. rules for this one...

He and this team is too passive. I’d respect him more laying into the QB for once and taking the penalty. 

Even with the rule changes, football is still about dictating your will onto the other team. Philly yesterday did that to us.

athell, No.11 and egoprime II like this

10 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I don't agree.  These defenders are scared to tee off on these quarterbacks.  Beasley knew that if that ball had been thrown that he was a good two steps from Cousins and the flag WOULD have come out if he hit Cousins. I could be wrong but thats how I see this particular play.  WHY would he pull up and purposely be lazy there and just let Cousins throw the ball? I'm not buying that.  LATE EDIT:  He was even further away than I thought.  I blame the NFL and the roughing the passer,etc. rules for this one...

It's football man. Can't be scared of the refs. Some will call it, some won't. Doesn't matter though. As @Vandy said, you gotta impose your will on the other team. Even if Vic takes a penalty there, DQ won't mind, and Cousins the next time around might just go to ground and take a sack or throw it early (possible interception) because he'll be scared of getting blasted again.

1 minute ago, No.11 said:

It's football man. Can't be scared of the refs. Some will call it, some won't. Doesn't matter though. As @Vandy said, you gotta impose your will on the other team. Even if Vic takes a penalty there, DQ won't mind, and Cousins the next time around might just go to ground and take a sack or throw it early (possible interception) because he'll be scared of getting blasted again.

Truth 11.You just said it a lot better than I did. 

No.11, Flying Falcon and athell like this

6 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Yup.  And best believe Everson Griffen would have gladly buried Matt into the turf.  Screw the rules, and even then Kirk was outside the hash, he was a runner...plant his backside into the ground and deal with the rest later.

Vandy, Flying Falcon, No.11 and 1 other like this

i think the new front with 5 or 3 down guys can work but Takk and Vic choked hard to start yesterday or at points in the game.

Coach them up hard DQ. You’ll need them for this front to work!

Neal looked slow going laterally on that one Cook TD. Hope he and Allen tighten up the backend for us but our edge contain is the biggest problem I saw yesterday. Close 2nd would be Isaiah Oliver.

31 minutes ago, athell said:

This actually is refreshing.  No spin.  No coach speak.  You ****** up.  Fix it.

Finally!

I could tell in his presser after game yesterday DQ was angry....steam was coming off that bald head!!!

athell likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

i think the new front with 5 or 3 down guys can work but Takk and Vic choked hard to start yesterday or at points in the game.

Neal looked slow going laterally on that one Cook TD. Hope he and Allen tighten up the backend for us but our edge contain is the biggest problem I saw yesterday. Close 2nd would be Isaiah Oliver.

FIrst game back after season ending injuries I can bet they were cautious 

Just now, Vandy said:

Finally!

I could tell in his presser after game yesterday DQ was angry....steam was coming off that bald head!!!

Maybe this is the year my friend...

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

FIrst game back after season ending injuries I can bet they were cautious 

They both played in the preseason...

2 hours ago, Domed Outter said:

Is it possible for Beasley to get flagged for unnecessary softness?

This is unnecessary.  Just because it's too funny.  And pretty accurate.

Peteshweddy likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

They both played in the preseason...

I don’t recall them playing in the preseason. 

3 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I don’t recall them playing in the preseason. 

Pretty sure they played vs the Jets and longer vs the Redskins.

Neal got fined vs the Redskins.

That said, it’s like a half worth of snaps in the preseason and to your point: RUST is still evident and at least in the form of some hesitation.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Amazingly enough edge contain was our biggest problem (IMO) in preseason and god forbid preseason issues bleed into regular season.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He and this team is too passive. I’d respect him more laying into the QB for once and taking the penalty. 

Even with the rule changes, football is still about dictating your will onto the other team. Philly yesterday did that to us.

Well, to be fair Neal and Allen both got fined for it...

Hits will happen. We gotta fix our edge discipline.

Looking at Takk and Vic.

Our interior DL were very good.

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Well, to be fair Neal and Allen both got fined for it...

Hits will happen. We gotta fix our edge discipline.

Looking at Takk and Vic.

Our interior DL were very good.

It’s a good sign the coach is pizzed and calling poor play out. 

Schwarzwald likes this

We can start a go fund me page to help with the fines collected by Vic or anyone else on our defense that needs incentive to bring the pain train to our opponents.  I am sure after watching Vic’s ferociousness our opponents are shaking with fear...

Edited by Peteshweddy
Left out quote

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s a good sign the coach is pizzed and calling poor play out. 

That’s what we need.

No coach speak, but objectively the truth.

I like where the ideas are on defense but they gotta be coached hard on the basic before letting those guys have leash to be “players not plays”....

To be seen on offense because of the turnovers and OL overturn. We needed the D to buy time for us in MIN but the Blocked Punt and turnovers screwed them over along with their run D assignments.

People who complain about our cap forget that this scrub, Freeman and Bosher won't be on the team next year, freeing up an excess of 20m.

Peteshweddy likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly. Dude only tried to defend his pass rush. I was talking about everything, not only pass rush. No one cares that he’s a Beasley stan. 

Should've took Leonard Williams..............

ya_boi_j likes this

2 hours ago, No.11 said:

Pump fake or not, Vic should have bulldozed Cousins on that play. He might have even caused a fumble hitting Cousins while he was trying to pull it back in.

Like Spielman said: take the 15

brewman, Schwarzwald and SpongeDad like this

58 minutes ago, stizz said:

People who complain about our cap forget that this scrub, Freeman and Bosher won't be on the team next year, freeing up an excess of 20m.

That is far from a certainty though.  Vic and Freeman are well liked by the Blank and Quinn.  

I can easily see either of them here next year if they have a decent year and Quinn survives.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Pretty sure they played vs the Jets and longer vs the Redskins.

Neal got fined vs the Redskins.

That said, it’s like a half worth of snaps in the preseason and to your point: RUST is still evident and at least in the form of some hesitation.

It doesn't matter how many preseason games they play, preseason games are nothing like real games anyway. Only experience that really helps the team is regular season experience. 

athell, falconsd56 and Schwarzwald like this