droopy1592

Anyone got a gif of that missed Vic Beasley sack?

115 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Should have never given up. He’s seen a million pump fakes 

Well the rules these days punish you severely if that isn't a fake and you even brush the QB. I get you though. I think I'd rather take my chances on the flag and know the QB has your number in his mind on every snap after that.

JDaveG, CaliFalcons, Stevo and 7 others like this

8 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Well the rules these days punish you severely if that isn't a fake and you even brush the QB. I get you though. I think I'd rather take my chances on the flag and know the QB has your number in his mind on every snap after that.

He missed the tackle as well. Just all around poor effort. At least run and hug the guy. 

1 minute ago, djbrough said:

Catch 22. If Cousins actually throws the ball instead of the pump-fake, and Beasley clocks him, I guarantee he would have been flagged.

Flagged, Fined, and Suspended a game.

Why?

He is a Falcon.

(Not a Patriot, Steeler, Cowboy, Saint, Packer, nor Eagle).

Still, he should have saved his arms...at least.

djbrough likes this

No pun intended but Vic rarely "CLOCKS" anyone. He's a nice guy the kind of guy you might let your daughter marry so I think it is hard for him to turn on that dawg mentality. Vic is on DQ he turned down a reportedly 3rd round draft pick and gave Vic almost 13 million. That's star money so DQ HAS to make him a star! DQ thought he could do it so now he and Vic have to rise up.

Emmitt likes this

If that was Ryan...no flag...or Ryan would have 2-hand tossed the ball to a triple-covered Julio, and braced for the hit that often never comes...lol.

(who still claims to be open when he is not).

Again,

Not enough preseason work and coaching.....Players are being hurt anyway...

Thanks

Yea it’s the new emphasis on protecting the qb that caused that.

Defenders are scared to go full on in anymore cause they know a flag will be thrown if he throws instead of pump-faking and he wastes the dude. You know just 10 years ago Cousins wld have gotten decapitated. But unfortunately now it’s prissy ball or lose 25k and/or get kicked out of the game.

Not that Beasley wld have made that play 10 yrs ago anyway just saying.

Edited by The Vent King

1 minute ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

It's good everyone, an ex-moderator keyed in on him all game and he was ballin:)

He open doors for Jarrett at times..Opposing teams can't use 4 blockers for both.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Should have got the flag for the hook by the RT.

That's what gets me about this play, well...besides the obvious.  You just worked through a hook and had a free shot at the QB.  That is an edge rusher's dream scenario right there and he just let up.  Vic Beasley summarized for me in this one play...tons of physical talent, lots of potential, but can't finish.

I get it with the flags, but I think he was close enough that even if Cousins did get rid of it, he wouldn't have gotten flagged.  But...be aggressive and deal with the flags imo.

Offense needs to run, hold-on to ball, and actually earn 1st downs for a change..

The defense can rest some, and look at pictures from their coachs' tablets on the sidelines for a change.

Most of The $ is spent on the offense. They need to earn it, and stop *squirming*.

Edited by Rise