iDash

If the Falcons have any holes to fill, a bunch of Miami players are asking to be traded!

46 posts in this topic

If the Falcons have any holes to fill, a bunch of Miami players are asking to be traded!

After the loss to the Ravens,

Multiple Miami Dolphins Players Have Reportedly Contacted Their Agents And Have Asked To Be Traded Out Of Miami After Embarrassing Loss To Ravens

https://brobible.com/culture/article/miami-dolphins-agents-trade-ravens-loss/

According to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio several Dolphins players were so sick about the loss that they called up their agents and asked to engineer trades to somewhere else.

News: Multiple #Dolphins players have requested to be traded away from the team after the 59-10 loss to the #Ravens via @ProFootballTalk

The players don't want to be part of a tanking team. pic.twitter.com/ypl7TDiIX0

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) September 8, 2019

Via Pro Football Talk

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later.

---

Only players I know on that team is 1st round pick DT Christian Wilkins,  GA Boys- John Jenkins, and Reshad Jones

What makes you think I'd they are fleeing embarrassment, after what we did Sunday they would want to come here? Lol

Just now, Norwood all the way! said:

They want to exit a supposedly tanking culture.....from what I've seen around here yesterday, people already want to do that. :rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with "tanking" - its just the coach is making bizarre moves; playing everyone out of position, implementing a bizarre depth chart, etc.

It reminds me of what a college coach would do that is "cleaning house", but that doesn't work in the NFL.  Not the way Flores is doing it anyway.

Just now, ATLFalcon36 said:

Can we have Minkah Fitzpatrick and put him at #2 CB?

I was thinking about that too.  That is one of the players that is frustrated with being played out of position.

Just now, JeffAtl said:

I was thinking about that too.  That is one of the players that is frustrated with being played out of position.

I watched him every year he was at Bama and he had superstar written all over him. Putting him at box safety is the worst misuse of his talents possible. He'd be an Earl Thomas in his prime grade FS or a pro-bowl level CB.

11 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

I don't think it has anything to do with "tanking" - its just the coach is making bizarre moves; playing everyone out of position, implementing a bizarre depth chart, etc.

It reminds me of what a college coach would do that is "cleaning house", but that doesn't work in the NFL.  Not the way Flores is doing it anyway.

And doing all those things leads players to think they are tanking. At least I would think that way.

Just now, Norwood all the way! said:

And doing all those things leads players to think they are tanking. At least I would think that way.

I don't see how.  It seems more like either a crazy coach or one that is bringing in his own players.  I don't anyone thought that Glanville was tanking during his antics.

I'm still surprised that teams still try to hire Patriots assistants when it is clear that they don't have a "system" to replicate, it is all Bill.  

5 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

With what money? Julio gonna give us some money back to help the team?

you can thank TD for the 9 mil we have in dead money

5 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

With what money? Julio gonna give us some money back to help the team?

Good point :D

Minkah is on a rookie contract and Flores seems to absolutely hate him.  Kenyan Drake could probably be gotten cheap too.

MSalmon likes this

Its more to this than is being reported.  When their head coach taunted a player who had problems with Jay Z's affiliation with the NFL by repeatedly playing Jay Z's music during practice, i guarantee you THAT coupled with the tanking is why they want to leave.  The coach should have been neutral. I knew he lost his team when i heard about it. They don't respect him...

Godzilla1985 likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Its more to this than is being reported.  When their head coach taunted a player who had problems with Jay Z's affiliation with the NFL by repeatedly playing Jay Z's music during practice, i guarantee you THAT coupled with the tanking is why they want to leave.  The coach should have been neutral. I knew he lost his team when i heard about it. They don't respect him...

He is also doing a lot of other crazy things too.  He has a "Takes No Talent" wall that players and coaches have to run to if they make a mental error.  That's ok in little league, but not in the NFL.

I can't see players caring about tanking - a crazy coach is another matter.

Spts1 likes this

8 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

He is also doing a lot of other crazy things too.  He has a "Takes No Talent" wall that players and coaches have to run to if they make a mental error.  That's ok in little league, but not in the NFL.

I can't see players caring about tanking - a crazy coach is another matter.

Mike Singletary 2.0 :lol:

papachaz likes this

I'm not familiar with the cap situation but if we traded Vic, Ricardo Allen and say Sanu or someone who is costing for one of their guards and a couple draft picks would we be better of with money entering free agency?

Having Minkah on the team would be amazing but I doubt it'll happen.

Let me give you another hint why some probably want out,,  Because of all the Hurracaines they've been having ... The treat of their life's is the biggest reason.. Not the threat of losing a game....