Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

On to the Eagles. Let the thought of this terrify you

147 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, athell said:

The only thing that terrifies me is an unprepared and ill-equipped Atlanta Falcons team.

Pretty sad that this team scares its own fans so much more than it does the opponent every Sunday.

KRUNKuno likes this

14 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oliver having to cover Desean Jackson.

Eagles are going to look at the tape and see how Oliver couldn’t cover Thielen and are going to get Jackson one on one with Oliver.  

That’s a penalty or TD waiting to happen...

Let this thought sink in Falcons Nation

If we LOSE vs Eagles ....

We will be 0-2 vs NFC playoff legit contending teams. 

Saints with 1-0 look legit team to yet again takeover the division (hate it, but I have accepted it - we are no match to their trenches) 

That means Falcons probability of tie breaker to qualify for Playoffs takes huge hit with 10-6

Falcons safe chance to get in playoffs is 

11-5 or better which we all know is a pipe dream.

I never would never say this during Week 2 But, this is one of the BIGGEST GAME of FALCONS this year especially, how they lost Game 1.

14 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don't like the matchups... at all.

The Eagles are going to bring the same problems in the trenches and Pederson has had Quinn's number.

At least there will be the corporate crowd in the Benz loading up on cheap hot dogs and beer.

If the Falcons aren't careful Eagles fans will be louder than anyone else.

What's new? Home crowd always sucks when big teams come to town.

Any football person KNOWS that games are won and lost in the trenches!The Falcons have SPEED,not size.Neutralize their D-line by running quick-strike timing plays.Matt needs to get the ball out of his hands quickly which would neutralize the Eagles pass rush. Better preparation and more creative play calling would get them back on track, at least on offense against the Eagles.

Fark I love threads like these so glad that any of the fans writing the team off after one game aren’t playing the Eagles.

Mail go 9n and if the team does manage to turn it around I guess you losers will get back on the wagon.

Fark me like you run into a bit of adversity and the same old.

Also notice the ones crowing the loudest have been here all of five minutes and have less than 100 posts Fark me I see these donkeys won’t be here when we win.

17 hours ago, vel said:

Debbie Downers lol

Oliver had a tough game. It happens. DeSean Jackson had a great game. It happens. Expecting both of these things to happen again is a illogical. The last time Jackson had 150+ yards? 2015. You know the last time DeSean Jackson had 100+ yards versus Atlanta? Never. 

Our secondary is a strength. One game where Oliver had to cover one of the better route runners in the league and he struggled isn't changing my mind on that. Yes, the Eagles OL is legit, but I'm not throwing the towel in. Yall can, as usual. 

DeSean Jackson go ask there secondary if they aren’t ****ting themselves having to face Julio Jones lol.

Eagles are a good team as you mention but half these idiots commenting think we are going to roll out like we did against the Vikings.If that’s the case DQ may aswell pack his bags.

vel likes this

15 hours ago, g-dawg said:

that is really bad logic - that is a post based on emotion of a fan and not logic.

YES, it helps to be at home.

YES, we cannot play any worse than we did last week

YES, the Falcons should be angry

but it is a bad matchup and between Falcons O-Line and Philly D-Line - they are better than us

and

Philly's O-Line is better than Falcons D-Line

those are facts, and they shouldn't be disputed by anyone on this board.

G-Dawg you remember the SB champion NASCAR dline that was supposed to come into the Dome and pulverise our under manned Oline in 2011-2012 you remember that.

What happens that day very similar to what your talking here about the Eagles dline if you ask me. 

20 hours ago, falcons007 said:

The Falcons are playing at home

Expect tons of Eagles fans, thanks to the new ticket prices.  Even worse now that the Iggles have a ring.

Over the last 7 games vs the Eagles, The home team has won 6 of them.

Last 3 times we played them have all been in Philly. I think we can win this game as long as the O-line can hold up. We need to double Cox and make someone else on their D-Line beat us. Malik Jackson will be out. Barnett and Curry are solid but they don't scare me the way Cox does. (:lol:) We need to do the same strategy we had against the Rams in the 2017 playoffs when facing Aaron Donald.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

19 hours ago, vel said:

I get it. I'm not saying I like it. But this is my thing, from Ol Smitty:

Win your games at home. Split on the road. You're 12-4. 

The Falcons have lost tight games to the Eagles on the road. The last time they beat them...was at home. They just lost to the Vikings on the road. It was ugly, but that's not anything to be ashamed of. Yall are dealing with a lot of recency bias. We should be able to beat tough teams at home. We need to find ways to steal games on the road. We didn't Sunday, but if they can steal 3-4 games on the road and go 8-0 at home, that's a 10-12 win season. I'd rather them lose to the Vikings on the road, a top four team in the NFC based on projections, than get embarrassed at home.

Eagles barely beat a bad redskins team at home and TAFT assumes we’re gonna get blown out on our home field? Nah.

Recency bias. Tampa trounced aints week 1 just a year ago. 

Teams bounce back from bad losses every week in NFL. We can’t afford to start season 0-2. These are two evenly matched teams, and we’ve got them at home. 

athell likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Eagles barely beat a bad redskins team at home and TAFT assumes we’re gonna get blown out on our home field? Nah.

Teams bounce back from bad losses every week in NFL. We can’t afford to start season 0-2. These are two evenly matched teams, and we’ve got them at home. 

The Redskins aren't a bad team. They've got a good defense. Besides, that was a division game. Division teams know each other and tend to play each other close. 

Doesn't matter how good the Saints are doing, when they play us they know it's gonna be a fight. They could very well blow an opponent that's better than us despite playing us to a stand still. 

vel and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

The Redskins aren't a bad team. They've got a good defense. Besides, that was a division game. Division teams know each other and tend to play each other close. 

Doesn't matter how good the Saints are doing, when they play us they know it's gonna be a fight. They could very well blow an opponent that's better than us despite playing us to a stand still. 

All true, but won’t this game be just as important to us? we’ll be fighting for our playoff lives against eagles, extremely difficult to overcome an 0-2 start to a season. 

I fully expect a good game by our team. 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

DeSean Jackson go ask there secondary if they aren’t ****ting themselves having to face Julio Jones lol.

Eagles are a good team as you mention but half these idiots commenting think we are going to roll out like we did against the Vikings.If that’s the case DQ may aswell pack his bags.

Exactly. Again, if Matt throws two more INTs, one taking 7 points off the board, Freeman fumbles, and we get another punt blocked, then by all means will we get kicked around again. But that game reminded me of the Chiefs game. Everything that could go wrong did. And some. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Exactly. The NFL is about match ups. We didn't match up well with the Vikings to begin with. Then we proceeded to plss our legs for the first twenty minutes of the game. At that point, it was over. 

The Eagles struggled to handle Case Keenum at home. They're going on the road to play a very pissed off Falcons team. Expecting last Sunday to happen for 16 games is lazy. If it does though, DQ will rightfully be fired. 

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly. The NFL is about match ups. We didn't match up well with the Vikings to begin with. Then we proceeded to plss our legs for the first twenty minutes of the game. At that point, it was over. 

The Eagles struggled to handle Case Keenum at home. They're going on the road to play a very pissed off Falcons team. Expecting last Sunday to happen for 16 games is lazy. If it does though, DQ will rightfully be fired. 

If the team doesn’t match up in the regular season with certain teams, do you trust the brains at the helm if they meet the same teams in the playoffs if they get that far?? Personally I’m not making any real judgement until the bye week. Got beat by a good football team Sunday so it’s nothing to get too down on but just gotta wonder what the mindset will be in the long run

18 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly. Again, if Matt throws two more INTs, one taking 7 points off the board, Freeman fumbles, and we get another punt blocked, then by all means will we get kicked around again. But that game reminded me of the Chiefs game. Everything that could go wrong did. And some. 

It reminded me of the Steelers game last year

Check this out my fellow Falcon fans! The term "Any Given Sunday" was coined for a reason. As pissed as I was after last week's game, that's not the Falcons that we will see each week, believe that.A team can get beat by any team given the right circumstances and certain things falling into place. Minnesota benefited from our mistakes and bad play last week.****, we lost to the sorry-*** Browns last year after kicking Washington's *** the previous week in Washington! There's no guarantees that the Eagles are going to come in our house and beat us, believe that! We play good defense and execute great play calling, we will win! It's as simple as that! Sometimes, the x's and o's don't matter, it's who wants it the most when they're out there on the field!

#FALCONPRIDE

Edited by The Dirty Birdie

On 9/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Fark I love threads like these so glad that any of the fans writing the team off after one game aren’t playing the Eagles.

Mail go 9n and if the team does manage to turn it around I guess you losers will get back on the wagon.

Fark me like you run into a bit of adversity and the same old.

Also notice the ones crowing the loudest have been here all of five minutes and have less than 100 posts Fark me I see these donkeys won’t be here when we win.

And as predicted the same donkeys who crowed hard when we lose disappear not which the hole they came.

Sportsman2593 likes this

On 9/9/2019 at 10:00 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oliver having to cover Desean Jackson.

Eagles are going to look at the tape and see how Oliver couldn’t cover Thielen and are going to get Jackson one on one with Oliver.  

That’s a penalty or TD waiting to happen...

Lol! Oops. 

2 hours ago, nomak said:

Lol! Oops. 

Turns out the matchup never materialized.

Oliver played much better and had a great tackle to finish the game.

But to be fair it wasn’t like Oliver shut Jackson down,  more like Jackson didn’t play most of the game.

But hey I’ll take it!