Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

On to the Eagles. Let the thought of this terrify you

147 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

We lost in close games at their building. After an *** whooping yesterday, the team will come out with their lives on the line. Eagles on road is a different team. 

We gotta put our heart and soul into this game. I’m freaking serious.

6 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

Even with MR2 at his best unless we win the turnover battle it will be a wrap. 

I disagree. Unless Matt plays like crap, Jake plays like crap, Freeman keeps fumbling, and they block a punt inside our own 20, then yea maybe. But I don't see all four happening again. 

TTU Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Everyone loves man... until we just up a third down conversion, then all of a sudden, the whole back-end sucks.

Just like everyone loves "aggressive passing game" until the qb throws an interception.

I personally would rather get beat in man than zone.....live by the sword type thing

kiwifalcon likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

We lost in close games at their building. After an *** whooping yesterday, the team will come out with their lives on the line. Eagles on road is a different team. 

that is really bad logic - that is a post based on emotion of a fan and not logic.

YES, it helps to be at home.

YES, we cannot play any worse than we did last week

YES, the Falcons should be angry

but it is a bad matchup and between Falcons O-Line and Philly D-Line - they are better than us

and

Philly's O-Line is better than Falcons D-Line

those are facts, and they shouldn't be disputed by anyone on this board.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

12 minutes ago, vel said:

I disagree. Unless Matt plays like crap, Jake plays like crap, Freeman keeps fumbling, and they block a punt inside our own 20, then yea maybe. But I don't see all four happening again. 

True. I think it'll be a close game. How do you see our OL doing against their tough DL?

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Adam Thielen and Desean Jackson are radically different players. 

Exactly what I was thinking. DJ has made his living on the deep ball and I think Oliver has a better chance at covering him than a receiver like Thielen.

46 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

that is really bad logic - that is a post based on emotion of a fan and not logic.

YES, it helps to be at home.

YES, we cannot play any worse than we did last week

YES, the Falcons should be angry

but it is a bad matchup and between Falcons O-Line and Philly D-Line - they are better than us

and

Philly's O-Line is better than Falcons D-Line

those are facts, and they shouldn't be disputed by anyone on this board.

To be fair the O-line / D-line matchups have been in the Eagles favor during both of the last 2 games we've played them and those were still less than touchdown games.  I don't necessarily think Atlanta gains much of a home field advantage because Atlanta sports fans are garbage, but not having adverse crowd noise and playing on turf is a benefit however small.  Small was the difference in the last 2 games even with the line disadvantages.

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

And I'm not going to disparage those who looked at this game and got madder than hel after all the expectations. This team deserves a little heat after that lame ****.

Thank you.

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

True. I think it'll be a close game. How do you see our OL doing against their tough DL?

I think they'll battle. They had some miscommunication due to the noise, but they moved the ball. That's the part that's being ignored. The Eagles are going to get after them. That's who they are. Their back seven is similar, but I think they can be had. Case Keenum was able to attack them. If Matt can't then we have big problems. 

4 hours ago, thofin21 said:

The Falcons better at least put up a good fight

That Vikings game felt like one of the bad blow out games from Smitty's last season. 

We had several vet starters from the O and D on the field yesterday that hasn't had any significant play in a long time and hasn't had any real game NFL hitting for awhile as well. It will get better.

52 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

To be fair the O-line / D-line matchups have been in the Eagles favor during both of the last 2 games we've played them and those were still less than touchdown games.  I don't necessarily think Atlanta gains much of a home field advantage because Atlanta sports fans are garbage, but not having adverse crowd noise and playing on turf is a benefit however small.  Small was the difference in the last 2 games even with the line disadvantages.

and we lost those games.   :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

and we lost those games.   :rolleyes:

They did, one play changes the entire game though.  It wasn't as if they were so dominant with those advantages.  Not saying this year will even be any different, every bit helps though.

The Vikings and the Iggles are probably the two toughest matchups for us. Both teams have our number because they can whoop us with their DL. The Eagles can whoop us with their #1 offensive line as well. Hopefully our guys play with some pride and can keep the game close. 

g-dawg likes this

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

SHOULD beat the Iggles?

that is a strong statement after what we just saw.  Eagles are a good team - solid defense and good offensive line.  QB is good.

The Redskins dropped 27 on them.

25 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

The Vikings and the Iggles are probably the two toughest matchups for us. Both teams have our number because they can whoop us with their DL. The Eagles can whoop us with their #1 offensive line as well. Hopefully our guys play with some pride and can keep the game close. 

That's not going to happen

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oliver having to cover Desean Jackson.

Eagles are going to look at the tape and see how Oliver couldn’t cover Thielen and are going to get Jackson one on one with Oliver.  

That’s a penalty or TD waiting to happen...

DQ evaluated and chose Oliver.

1 hour ago, athell said:

The only thing that terrifies me is an unprepared and ill-equipped Atlanta Falcons team.

Then according to what I saw yesterday, you have to be dam near hysterical with fear right about now.  :ninja::lol:

athell and g-dawg like this

5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Did kazee play yesterday?  I don’t ever recall seeing him out there or hearing his name

Not sure, I don't remember looking at the inactives. Would just prefer Kazee speed and shifty Ness to hang with djax

9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oliver having to cover Desean Jackson.

Eagles are going to look at the tape and see how Oliver couldn’t cover Thielen and are going to get Jackson one on one with Oliver.  

That’s a penalty or TD waiting to happen...

Oliver did a perfect impression of what Xavier Rhodes did vs Julio. He was just penalized.

Ergo Proxy and falconsd56 like this

I’ve been saying Oliver is terrible for a while now. Tru ain’t much better. With no pass rush, they’re going to get exposed further. Anybody seen Cominsky?