Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

On to the Eagles. Let the thought of this terrify you

147 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Nothing. Shannahan carried him to the SB. Shannahan gone, Quinn is exposed. 

This is just too convenient. How do we know this?

Shanahan hasn't carried the Niners within sniffing distance of the Super Bowl.  I mean, they mashed the Bucs yesterday, but in my defense, it's the Bucs.

16 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Nothing. Shannahan carried him to the SB. Shannahan gone, Quinn is exposed. 

You are 1000 percent correct!!!! Dan Quinn is just not a good coach. Ray Charles could see it. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'll be honest, if a short to mid range possession receiver had his way with him, a pure speedster is going to give him fits. Buuuuuuuuuutttttt that goes for the entire secondary because I'm almost certain Oliver won't be the one covering him for the most. That's going to be Kazee's job. The players are gonna have to execute at every level on Sunday night

There's a difference in how they'll account for Jackson too though.  And in that regard, based on what we saw yesterday, it's more Allen than Oliver that concerns me.

Ergo Proxy likes this

26 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Jim Schwartz is going to laugh even harder at this offensive scheme. 

Yep.  Eagles front 7 are licking their chops.  New faces on OL, but same ol' story...

Just now, JDaveG said:

There's a difference in how they'll account for Jackson too though.  And in that regard, based on what we saw yesterday, it's more Allen than Oliver that concerns me.

Oliver shouldn't even be mentioned in regards to covering Jackson though IMO. You're right, Allen is the one to be concerned about. He's going to be held accountable for not allowing deep bombs. Can't be much miscommunication in the secondary at all or it's gonna be a long night

Ergo Proxy and JDaveG like this

31 minutes ago, high impact said:

I will say if I see any more games like last Sunday I am ready to move on from this coaching staff.

I am sick of the head coach on the sideline looking like he has no clue. Still making the same mistakes as past years. I ask again what has Quinn fixed in his time here?

You are more patient than I am!!! I feel the Quinn days have outlived usefulness... not that is every was All that useful.

Quinn had the look on his face yesterday like he got caught cheating on his face. His face told me he knows he is out of his element. He is NOT a good coach. Even saying decent would be overly generous. 

I had high hopes this season. Several years I wanted it work with Quinn. It’s just not.

Edited by SoldMySoul
Double posted... net connection
PokerSteve likes this

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oliver shouldn't even be mentioned in regards to covering Jackson though IMO. You're right, Allen is the one to be concerned about. He's going to be held accountable for not allowing deep bombs. Can't be much miscommunication in the secondary at all or it's gonna be a long night

I mean, we could have Tru shadow him I guess, but at some point someone else is going to cover him. The Eagles will be scheming to match him against weaker players.

And Try isn't exactly Mr. Reliable when it comes to speed receivers anyway.

I think we run more zone than we'd like in this game.  Either that or we will have to blitz the crap out of them, and that's a problem because Wentz is an assassin.

ya_boi_j, PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

3 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

I got heat from saying Oliver wasn’t good in the preseason, now everyone thinks the same.

LOL.. how does that pat on your back feel bruh?

Real question... does it feel good posting something like this.. (one of your 48 posts), that at one point, you stated a 2nd year CB didn't look good?

red falcon and The Daywalker like this

I think we'll see a much better effort this coming weekend, because the Falcons are at home, and they have some film to work with in regards to their ****** play and to see what the Eagles like to do.

While I didn't give the Falcons any chance to win against Minny on the road in the 1st game, I also didn't see them getting beat in the manner of which they did. From the very first play of the first game, we saw a Falcons team that wasn't prepared to play. After the first turnover, things quickly unraveled for the Falcons and did not get any better. It was a combination of lousy coaching all across the board and weak efforts by certain players. As embarrassed as we are as fans, I'll bet there are many (at least there should be) Falcons players that are even more embarrassed.

Against the Eagles, I'd expect the team to be sharper on their assignments. I think defensively the Falcons will get after the Eagles. Offensively for the Falcons, I don't know; I absolutely do not understand how this team thinks when they have the ball in their hand, and this goes back the last two years. Against the Vikings, I saw a lot of confusion pre-snap. Against the Vikings D, I saw Julio really not looking like he should be the highest-paid receiver as he seemed to take some plays off and got next to no separation; I know Julio was double covered at times, but when faced with good talent Julio was invisible or on the sideline. Where was the urgency in the 3rd quarter, as the Falcons kept running plays that allowed the clock to just melt away? The second half of the Vikings game showed me that Quinn/Koetter did not understand the situation or have any answers. It was at this point (in the 3rd) that a hurry-up offense should have been utilized, but instead, the Falcons are meandering around trying to establish a run game that was absolutely not working, even when the Vikings were expecting more passes. 

Eagles 23
Falcons 20

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Gee-Q said:

LOL.. how does that pat on your back feel bruh?

Real question... does it feel good posting something like this.. (one of your 48 posts), that at one point, you stated a 2nd year CB didn't look good?

Robert “Holding” Alford is a better play 

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But at the same time the Eagles aren't going to just throw bombs to Jackson.

They are going to get Jackson on Oliver and Jackson's change of direction skills are going to cause him a problem.  And this is after they mash the Falcons front with the running game behind that massive Eagles oline.

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, BirdGangATL said:

Robert “Holding” Alford is a better play 

at this point.. I agree with you

The good news is we face another Defensive line with Derek Barnett, Curry, Brandon Graham, and Fletcher cox. If Matthews continues to play atrocious we may need to rest MR2 come the 4th quarter and sacrifice Shaub to the wolves. 

Debbie Downers lol

Oliver had a tough game. It happens. DeSean Jackson had a great game. It happens. Expecting both of these things to happen again is a illogical. The last time Jackson had 150+ yards? 2015. You know the last time DeSean Jackson had 100+ yards versus Atlanta? Never. 

Our secondary is a strength. One game where Oliver had to cover one of the better route runners in the league and he struggled isn't changing my mind on that. Yes, the Eagles OL is legit, but I'm not throwing the towel in. Yall can, as usual. 

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'll be honest, if a short to mid range possession receiver had his way with him, a pure speedster is going to give him fits. Buuuuuuuuuutttttt that goes for the entire secondary because I'm almost certain Oliver won't be the one covering him for the most. That's going to be Kazee's job. The players are gonna have to execute at every level on Sunday night

Def more of a safety concern. Although I think Adam Thielen is a much much tougher cover than Jackson. Thielen can do it all and is one of the ~7 or so best route runners in the league. He's a stud. 

I'm somewhat encouraged by the fact that for the most part, Quinn has done a really good job gameplanning against the Eagles over the years. Unfortunately, the same is true for Schwartz defenses against our offense. 

Case Keenum had 250 yards at the half. With what kind of talent around him? If we can play some sort of defense I don’t seeing this being ugly like the OP stated. But I also don’t know much about the Redskins O-line so maybe I’m wrong!

25 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

I got heat from saying Oliver wasn’t good in the preseason, now everyone thinks the same.

You have 87 posts on the board. Take it easy, Skip Bayless. 

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oliver having to cover Desean Jackson.

Eagles are going to look at the tape and see how Oliver couldn’t cover Thielen and are going to get Jackson one on one with Oliver.  

That’s a penalty or TD waiting to happen...

Oliver isn't covering D-Jax.

I expect one of the faster corners or the slot corner to be matched up with him.

49 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is just too convenient. How do we know this?

Shanahan hasn't carried the Niners within sniffing distance of the Super Bowl.  I mean, they mashed the Bucs yesterday, but in my defense, it's the Bucs.

They didnt even mash the Bucs. They won and looked a bit like the better team...but that was hardly a good performance by SF. 

I think this season will be a complete dismantling of this team where even previous strengths are faulty.

The only thing I saw yesterday was a completely broken and inept team and The Eagles are the type that will exploit that even more than the Vikings did.

30 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I'm not letting a sample size of one game terrify me for the season. I admit I'm not encouraged over anything from yesterday, but Quinn's teams are notorious for slow starts.

I've seen enough football to not put too much stock in one game, especially one were we essentially had four tunrovers, two deep in our own side of the field and two other deep inside Minnesota territory.  Our offensive line was 3-5ths completely new with two rookies, we had a drastic turnover at every coaching position, meanwhile Minnesota has Zimmer in year 6, Stefanski as OC who has been with the team for 14 seasons, the exact team as last season (with the addition of a healthy Cook), playing at home, and getting all of the bounces to go their way early and often. 

The game was a massive disappointment, no denying that, but fans throwing in the towel are running around like its code red need to chill out. We lost a non-divisional game on the road due mainly to a -4 turnover differential which we may never see again all year. 

ok_falcons_fan and falconsd56 like this