Sun Tzu 7

The #7 Defense

101 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

Exactly.  According to stats, 6 out of 7 Dwarfs aren't Happy.  

9 out of 10 wet birds fly at night .

7 minutes ago, athell said:

Cousins is ok.  He is a serviceable journeyman QB.  We did prop him up for sure...

I brought up Beasley letting up in another thread.  Very disheartening after the offseason of Dan Quinn's hands on training :(

Cousins is quite a bit better than a "serviceable journeyman QB"

He's not without his faults but he isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's much better than that. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Cousins is quite a bit better than a "serviceable journeyman QB"

He's not without his faults but he isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's much better than that. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't even a serviceable journeyman qb so that is an awful comparison.

Malachore likes this

9 minutes ago, athell said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't even a serviceable journeyman qb so that is an awful comparison.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the literal definition of serviceable journeyman QB. 

Perhaps you have a poor understanding as to what "serviceable journeyman QB" means? 

6 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the literal definition of serviceable journeyman QB. 

Perhaps you have a poor understanding as to what "serviceable journeyman QB" means? 

Yes, of course your take is *I* have a poor understanding.  Shocked face.  I am making it.

Doubly hilarious because there is no literal definition of "serviceable journeyman qb".  Do better, lawyer.

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Yes, of course your take is *I* have a poor understanding.  Shocked face.  I am making it.

No no no, you're right. The guy who has been in the league for 15 years and has started at least half a season for seven NFL teams is definitely not a serviceable NFL journeyman. That label is reserved for players like Kirk Cousins who start three consecutive seasons making near top-of-the market money before signing a massive, fully guaranteed FA deal. That's the real journeyman. 

No no no, you're right.

Bout time your thick skull finally figured this out

Not taking the bait. 

Can't say the same for others though. You will have earned it, for sure. 

You ain't worth it bruh :)

5 hours ago, notthatcool said:

TATF said if we had a top 10 defense we would win SB.

I stand by that too but not in the way of only stats but players who can consistently make plays on all 3 levels and of course over the term of a full season.

Kind of hard not to be #1 against the pass when they only threw the ball 10 times. Not much here to claim we are the #7 ranked defense.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Top pass defense. Let's Go baby

tbh for all the people dunking on Q right now its looking like the offense is a mess and our defense could shape up to be something special

I think this falls on Koetter and Q being overconfident (along with the offense in general)

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

tbh for all the people dunking on Q right now its looking like the offense is a mess and our defense could shape up to be something special

I think this falls on Koetter and Q being overconfident (along with the offense in general)

Only if the run D tightens up. They gotta be able to play against the best if they’re actually thinking a deep playoff run this year. 

5 hours ago, vel said:

Lol this is exactly why when people try to convince me we had a top 10 defense in 2017 I didn't believe it. 98 yards allowed, man they must have shut down the pass?! Lol nope. Got steamrolled on the ground, no point in throwing it. 

Tell em

Ergo Proxy likes this

7 hours ago, bertrain7 said:

We had alot of mistakes but this game was a really funny one, and at work we do picks 2 teams per conference to go to the superbowl, my picks were Vikings  or Falcons for the NFC. so to me we lost to the best team in the NFC and while the score looked real bad, it really wasn't that bad of a loss in my opinion.

You must be that ex mod that kept an eye on Vic all game that I keep hearing aboot? 

5 hours ago, vel said:

Which is impressive. But 7 is less than half of the 18 games they played. They didn't play like they did versus the Rams and Eagles all season. Those were top ten defensive performances. 

Vel, come on now.  We only allowed more than 23 points in 2 of 18 games in 2017

15 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

You must be that ex mod that kept an eye on Vic all game that I keep hearing aboot? 

Nope. Vic played real soft and was hard to watch, if that helps.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:38 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Top pass defense. Let's Go baby

How many times did Kirk threw the ball? Wouldn't he 8 out of 10 

Lololol what did Cousins throw? 10 passes? Yayyy #1 pass defense!!! Wentz will have us back to middle of the pack (or worse) where we belong. Pretty sure I’ve made it clear all offseason I do NOT like our cb’s

23 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

The last time the Falcons replaced 3 starters on the oline in the same season was 2013 and yes it was a disaster.  The game against the Vikings looked like a lot of those games that season.

As far as the defense being something special.  I did not get that at all.  The Falcons are #1 against the pass because the Vikings chose not to throw the ball.  Not because the Falcons did anything to slow their passing game down.

And then there's the abysmal run defense.  

On 9/9/2019 at 9:35 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That's right.

As of right now the Falcons have the #7 defense after all that.

This is proof that stats are misleading.

#1 against the pass but the 3rd worst against the run.

Enjoy it while it lasts because the Eagles are going to destroy this.

It also means nothing. Factor in field position. Coaching decisions should be the main factor.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, athell said:

Bout time your thick skull finally figured this out

Be careful , mods here don't like people saying their peace.

athell likes this