• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you didn't echo Freeman and call him the best or top 3. I got into it with Fatboi over the offseason and he assured me that Freeman was still Freeman despite not seeing him play a single meaningf

It was pretty sickening watching our outside pitch run gain no yards then the Vikings run the same play and get 20 yards.

I was being a d00$h to be honest. I didn’t expect Freeman to do as well as he did, but I also didn’t expect we would put the two guys that could have softened the defense a little on the inactive.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I saw mularky ball early on running on first downs. Use short passes to set up Run game. Ito Smith showed me more than Freeman today.

That offense was boring and with that Sota rush they devised nothing to offset that rush. No quit hitters, no crisdi g routes to open up passing lanes, and not enough screens to the RBs. You cannot let the Vikes front four just oin their ears back and not change up the game plan to combat it.

7 hours ago, falcndave said:

Freeman was out-gained by Matt Ryan on the ground. He averaged 2.4 per carry on 8 attempts vs. Ito's 5.2 on 6 attempts. Yes, Ito's came when Vikings were playing softer. That said, the OL and Freeman MUST average more that 2.4 per carry over 19 rushes against all opponents in all circumstances. They MUST. 

The OL did not power block well. They did not zone block well. They did not pass block well (looked better once Vikings called the dogs off late in 2nd half). Freeman looked quick and powerful. That said, he didn't seem to have his normal vision and decisive first move. I'm going to chalk that up to being out of competition for nearly a year. I really don't know what RB would have done significantly better. It just seemed that the Vikings were running in clear lanes and the Falcons appeared outnumbered at the point of attack on must rushing attempts.

Outside off Ryan's scrambles, the team rushed for 49 freakin' yards. 49? Really? 

I'm a huge Freeman fan. But I'll be honest. He looks like he lost a step. And he still seems reluctant to do the dirty work of blocking. There was a play where Ridley would have gone to the house had Freeman even TRIED to block a DB. He didn't even try. That's a very me first thing that flashes back to the turning point in the Super Bowl. He also put the ball on the carpet in what should have been our first TD drive.

I'm done with the Freeman love fest. Ito is hungry and looked much better. Feed the hot hand. If Freeman wants to remain the #1 RB, he's should have to earn it.

Sony Michel had 14 yards on 15 carries yesterday. 0.9 YPC.

james Conner 21 yards on 10 carries. 2.1 YPC.

joe mixon 6 carries/ 10 yards 1.7 YPC

miles sanders (a lot of peeps in here wanted) 11/25 yard 2.3

Freeman definitely looked tentative. But we also went against one of best defenses in NFL yesterday. You guys throwing a rusty freeman off the bus are as usual being reactionary to one game and way premature. 

Edit: and for whatever it’s worth, our new and improved offensive line stunk up the joint. Both in the run and in pass protection. Can’t help but expect improvement there as well.

Sad part is we very much would have been in the game if not for...

freemans fumble

missed helmet to helmet/defenseless receiver on gage

stockers stutter step INT

4 drive extending penalties on one of the vikings td drives. 

We’d be having an entirely different convo today, the defense stepped up towards the end of 2nd qtr and 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

freemans fumble

We’d be having an entirely different convo today, the defense stepped up towards the end of 2nd qtr and 2nd half. 

Defense gave up 172 rushing yards yesterday. They got pushed around by a team protecting a big lead.

We got our azzes kick on offense and defense. How can you defend that?

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

freemans fumble

Don't forget the defense started the first 2 possessions with their backs against the wall. The game was still manageable even at 21-0. But all those things that you mentioned led to disaster. Got a lot to clean up this week.

40 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I saw Ito pick up several blitzes giving Ice time to throw. I saw Free miss several blitzes where Ice had to throw the ball away or take a sack. A lot if that is also on the OL.

BUT WE FIXED THE OL AND DIDN'T NEED THAT STUD DE OR DT

Sorry, that is a lot frustration kicking in.

Yes. The OL is fixed......with Lindstrom out and McGary (the social awkward guy) left on his own, and Matthews looking like a rookie. It's fixed. 

I’m not going to sit here and pretend Minny doesn’t have **** near the best if not top 3 defensive lines in the NFL. They play another this week. These are great tests for the offensive line early on in the season. They’re either going to get better or get worse. It can actually be worse than it was yesterday. I’ll withhold serious judgment until the bye week

Now yall actually see it, all the Coleman bashing last year was stupid. He was solely being blamed for the run game yet it's always an excuse with Freeman. Saquon, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Todd Gurley all went up against top defenses. There were runs Freeman had that he didn't see the hole just like Coleman. Being a top defense is not an excuse 

Edited by caponine
33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sony Michel had 14 yards on 15 carries yesterday. 0.9 YPC.

james Conner 21 yards on 10 carries. 2.1 YPC.

joe mixon 6 carries/ 10 yards 1.7 YPC

miles sanders (a lot of peeps in here wanted) 11/25 yard 2.3

Freeman definitely looked tentative. But we also went against one of best defenses in NFL yesterday. You guys throwing a rusty freeman off the bus are as usual being way premature. 

Edit: and for whatever it’s worth, our new and improved offensive line stunk up the joint. Both in the run and in pass protection.

This 100%%% Our OL didnt do Freeman any favors yesterday. Period.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Defense gave up 172 rushing yards yesterday. They got pushed around by a team protecting a big lead.

We got our azzes kick on offense and defense. 

Most of that came off 5 runs in the first half.

didnt say we didnt get our *** kicked. However there were some preventable events that would have made this game competitive. Throw out the whole first qtr. the team had their chances to get back in it

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Now yall actually see it, all the Coleman bashing last year was stupid. He was solely being blamed for the run game yet it's always an excuse with Freeman. Saquon, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Todd Gurley all went up against top defenses. There were runs Freeman had that he didn't see the hole just like Coleman. Being a top defense is not an excuse 

One thing. Saquon Barkley is a certified goon. That is all

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

This 100%%% Our OL didnt do Freeman any favors yesterday. Period.

It’s not 100% FF. Freeman ran the ball tentatively. He’s got to be a lot better too. 

Can’t believe we deactivated our two big RBs against such a physical front. WTF were our coaches thinking? 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Now yall actually see it, all the Coleman bashing last year was stupid. He was solely being blamed for the run game yet it's always an excuse with Freeman. Saquon, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Todd Gurley all went up against top defenses. There were runs Freeman had that he didn't see just like Coleman. Being a top defense is not an excuse 

Man, Coleman wouldn't have done any better. Just ran straight into the pile and fall down.

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Most of that came off 5 runs in the first half.

didnt say we didnt get our *** kicked. However there were some preventable events that would have made this game competitive. Throw out the whole first qtr. the team had their chances to get back in it

You can’t throw it out bro. Minny only had to throw 10 passes because they didn’t need to with such a big lead.

Everything counts. We got dominated.