Freeman was out-gained by Matt Ryan on the ground. He averaged 2.4 per carry on 8 attempts vs. Ito's 5.2 on 6 attempts. Yes, Ito's came when Vikings were playing softer. That said, the OL and Freeman MUST average more that 2.4 per carry over 19 rushes against all opponents in all circumstances. They MUST. 

The OL did not power block well. They did not zone block well. They did not pass block well (looked better once Vikings called the dogs off late in 2nd half). Freeman looked quick and powerful. That said, he didn't seem to have his normal vision and decisive first move. I'm going to chalk that up to being out of competition for nearly a year. I really don't know what RB would have done significantly better. It just seemed that the Vikings were running in clear lanes and the Falcons appeared outnumbered at the point of attack on must rushing attempts.

Outside off Ryan's scrambles, the team rushed for 49 freakin' yards. 49? Really? 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad you didn't echo Freeman and call him the best or top 3. I got into it with Fatboi over the offseason and he assured me that Freeman was still Freeman despite not seeing him play a single meaningf

It was pretty sickening watching our outside pitch run gain no yards then the Vikings run the same play and get 20 yards.

I was being a d00$h to be honest. I didn’t expect Freeman to do as well as he did, but I also didn’t expect we would put the two guys that could have softened the defense a little on the inactive.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Freeman was out-gained by Matt Ryan on the ground. He averaged 2.4 per carry on 8 attempts vs. Ito's 5.2 on 6 attempts. Yes, Ito's came when Vikings were playing softer. That said, the OL and Freeman MUST average more that 2.4 per carry over 19 rushes against all opponents in all circumstances. They MUST. 

The OL did not power block well. They did not zone block well. They did not pass block well (looked better once Vikings called the dogs off late in 2nd half). Freeman looked quick and powerful. That said, he didn't seem to have his normal vision and decisive first move. I'm going to chalk that up to being out of competition for nearly a year. I really don't know what RB would have done significantly better. It just seemed that the Vikings were running in clear lanes and the Falcons appeared outnumbered at the point of attack on must rushing attempts.

Outside off Ryan's scrambles, the team rushed for 49 freakin' yards. 49? Really? 

Hard to run when you are down. Also, the opposing team is eatting the clock up by running the ball. It forces a team's hand to get to passing to expand their chance of catching up and winning. 

Boils down to the OL gelling and getting the details down as a unit.

Lindstrom is probably out this week at minimum; given they fear a broken foot.

That means Brown likely plays RG and it is good news for our run blocking possibly not regressing but the pass blocking is likely taking a hit at RG.

Kaleb should be much better off with conditioning and hopefully becomes a force at RT, letting us do more offensively.

But yes..run game needs to get going and I hope Free starts doing well again.

When he is on, he has another gear I haven’t seen yet from Ito...who is a solid 2nd back so far with excellent vision to make plays and generate his own yards.

Free just seems off but it’s his first clean bill of health game since 2017. Think about that!

It was step 1 to get through a game in 1 piece... :ninja:

Was definitely rough to watch.  I knew when he kept breaking those huge chunks it was the beginning of the end. Vic a and takk have to contain better, backers got to fill.

They were put in bad spots definitely also. Our offense is always terrible against Zimmer. I thought it would be better than they showed though.

I wont talk about free. Wish they would have tried some of the bigger backs.

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Freeman is a top ten back 

Glad you didn't echo Freeman and call him the best or top 3. I got into it with Fatboi over the offseason and he assured me that Freeman was still Freeman despite not seeing him play a single meaningful down for so long. Freeman has to prove he's still that guy. I said it when we had that discussion and I'll say it again. There are going to be several stout run defenses on the schedule this season. Gotta show up. No excuses. No one allowed the offensive line to be the excuse for Coleman, I expect that same energy for Freeman

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Glad you didn't echo Freeman and call him the best or top 3. I got into it with Fatboi over the offseason and he assured me that Freeman was still Freeman despite not seeing him play a single meaningful down for so long. Freeman has to prove he's still that guy. I said it when we had that discussion and I'll say it again. There are going to be several stout run defenses on the schedule this season. Gotta show up. No excuses. No one allowed the offensive line to be the excuse for Coleman, I expect that same energy for Freeman

I was being a d00$h to be honest. I didn’t expect Freeman to do as well as he did, but I also didn’t expect we would put the two guys that could have softened the defense a little on the inactive.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

As well as he did or as bad as he did? Cause he certainly didn't do well lol