Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons are cursed?

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Right, so if Anderson had made that field goal, would that mean we were

more cursed?

Come on.

The curse came when Gene got caught soliciting a hooker. Took the focus off the game and on "the family man" looking for a hummer.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Some teams are luckier than others you got to admit. I think the Vikings are cursed. Gary Anderson miss only fg of the year getting us a SB birth which we messed up.

We have a legit curse. We hit a ref with a whiskey bottle from the crowd and nothing has been right since.

Can I say as an opposing fan, you guys are overreacting. I visit a lot of message boards and it is the same everywhere. All fans think their coaches are idiots (except NWE) and all fans have a subsection that can't wait till the QB is gone, coach is fired and the oline is addressed. You guys had a bunch of fluke plays and a bad scheme in week 1 vs. a team that you had no film on their offense to game plan for. Your defense was solid in the 2nd half. Week 1 with a new oline against a Zimmer double a gap defense is bound to be difficult. You guys will bounce back take the South. Feaux the Saints. 

There is no curse, this franchise is just kinda dumb.

How I cope with being a Falcons fan is I check all my expectations at the door. I expect every game to be an embarrassment so I'm not disappointed when they embarrass me, and I'm somewhat surprised when they don't. Just watch football and don't sweat it.

Expect nothing, lose nothing.

Falcons Fan MVP and MAD597 like this

4 hours ago, vikesfan2019 said:

Can I say as an opposing fan, you guys are overreacting. I visit a lot of message boards and it is the same everywhere. All fans think their coaches are idiots (except NWE) and all fans have a subsection that can't wait till the QB is gone, coach is fired and the oline is addressed. You guys had a bunch of fluke plays and a bad scheme in week 1 vs. a team that you had no film on their offense to game plan for. Your defense was solid in the 2nd half. Week 1 with a new oline against a Zimmer double a gap defense is bound to be difficult. You guys will bounce back take the South. Feaux the Saints. 

I wasn't over reacting to losing to the Vikings. Our first round draft pick got injured and will probably miss 6-8 weeks. This coming off of an injury filled season. Not to mention we are still heart broken over losing a SB.

4 hours ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

There is no curse, this franchise is just kinda dumb.

How I cope with being a Falcons fan is I check all my expectations at the door. I expect every game to be an embarrassment so I'm not disappointed when they embarrass me, and I'm somewhat surprised when they don't. Just watch football and don't sweat it.

Expect nothing, lose nothing.

That is great advice for life itself. :)

BloodBurgerOne likes this

Not cursed. Just sorry GMs, HCs and players.  You want a fast and physical defense?  Ain't going to happen with the majority of players on your starting defense.  Offense had one season of playing anywhere near the potential of talent.  It is what it is.

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wasn't over reacting to losing to the Vikings. Our first round draft pick got injured and will probably miss 6-8 weeks. This coming off of an injury filled season. Not to mention we are still heart broken over losing a SB.

We have lost 4 of them and haven't been back since the 70s. My point was the season has just started and you guys will get this sorted out. You have a great defense and a great offense. Not many teams can say that. However give the previous injuries and changes to your team, you need time to gel. 

18 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys seriously think the Falcons are cursed? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I've been a fan since the early 90's. I have never thought this team was cursed and always felt that their day would come. The Chris Lindstrom injury triggered this post not the loss. I feel like the team would bounce back if healthy. SB 51 was definitely a red flag.

The one thing that has been common amongst all the coaching staffs that I have witnessed since '76, they mostly overrate their team because of the names of players rather than 1 solid philosophy.  Also, some players get here and get interested in everything BUT professional football.

25 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

The one thing that has been common amongst all the coaching staffs that I have witnessed since '76, they mostly overrate their team because of the names of players rather than 1 solid philosophy.  Also, some players get here and get interested in everything BUT professional football.

Dan Quinn is probably the best when it comes to having 1 philosophy. 

Cursed? It's pro football, this stuff is not easy. "We don't follow the blueprint" how effin stupid. If every team "followed the blueprint" there'd still be only one champion at the end of the year... and it would be the Pats lol. 

36 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Also, some players get here and get interested in everything BUT professional football.

This is really the key point.