Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons are cursed?

40 posts in this topic

Do you guys seriously think the Falcons are cursed? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I've been a fan since the early 90's. I have never thought this team was cursed and always felt that their day would come. The Chris Lindstrom injury triggered this post not the loss. I feel like the team would bounce back if healthy. SB 51 was definitely a red flag.

Yes, this team has been around more than 50 years and they either flat out suck or when they are contenders they only do good enough to build your hopes up so they can crush you in the spotlight.

I want us to ship this franchise to St. Louis and have us start over with an expansion team. We have seen an Expansion team Untied come to the city and build a winning tradition almost instantly. I want that for an NFL team here. The Falcons aren't it and never will be.

This is a pathetic franchise that only provides misery to its fan base.

What they are is a franchise known for fast, talented players, crazy finishes( good and catastrophic), a bunch of lunkheads for coaches, players that forget what they are doing at key moments, sloppy penalties, and above all inconsistency.  

Been this way for all 39 seasons I’ve been cheering for them.   We’re part of the bengals/chargers/panthers class in the NFL—teams that often have lots of talent and promise but are too unlucky or stupid to win it all

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Name an entity with the ability to curse another entity, and then we'll talk.

Cursed? LOL

We're talking about ****** football.

WERE TALKING ABOUT A GAME 

Some teams are luckier than others you got to admit. I think the Vikings are cursed. Gary Anderson miss only fg of the year getting us a SB birth which we messed up.

vikesfan2019 likes this

2 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

What they are is a franchise known for fast, talented players, crazy finishes( good and catastrophic), a bunch of lunkheads for coaches, players that forget what they are doing at key moments, sloppy penalties, and above all inconsistency.  

Been this way for all 39 seasons I’ve been cheering for them.   We’re part of the bengals/chargers/panthers class in the NFL—teams that often have lots of talent and promise but are too unlucky or stupid to win it all

Dan Quinn seems like a good coach. It's the injuries now.

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Some teams are luckier than others you got to admit. I think the Vikings are cursed. Gary Anderson miss only fg of the year getting us a SB birth which we messed up.

Right, so if Anderson had made that field goal, would that mean we were

more cursed?

Come on.

Godzilla1985 likes this

I don't believe in anything supernatural, so not cursed, but it is amazing to believe how much bad luck and bad football one team can play.   For that matter, how much bad luck and how many bad seasons one city can have.  Just one championship among all of the professional franchises?  Embarrassing as a city.  And no, I am not counting soccer, cry about it all you want.

Edited by Falcons_Pantera_KoRn
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

8 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I don't believe in anything supernatural, so not cursed, but it is amazing to believe how much bad luck and bad football one tea can play.   For that matter, how much bad luck and how many bad seasons one city can have.  Just one championship among all of the professional franchises?  Embarrassing as a city.  And no, I am not counting soccer, cry about it all you want.

United draws more fans to MB stadium than the Falcons do

Just now, MAD597 said:

United draws more fans to MB stadium than the Falcons do

They have awesome crowds, way more enthusiasm than any Falcons games I have seen, even playoff games.  Most college teams also have bigger and more enthusiastic crowds and I don't like college football either.   Point being, I could careless about the crowds.  If I did I assure you I wouldn't be a Falcons fan.

6 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I don't believe in anything supernatural, so not cursed, but it is amazing to believe how much bad luck and bad football one tea can play.   For that matter, how much bad luck and how many bad seasons one city can have.  Just one championship among all of the professional franchises?  Embarrassing as a city.  And no, I am not counting soccer, cry about it all you want.

By my count, the five Atlanta franchises that play/have played in the big four leagues (Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Flames and Thrashers) combined have about 77 playoff appearances and one title. . . .

Part of it is bad luck, but a lot of it is a lack of urgency by the star players and coaches (I’m looking at you, Chipper, Maddux, Glavine, Cox and the rest of the ‘get them next year’ crew from those Braves teams) and front offices that lack an instinct for the jugular and build teams just good enough to come up short at the biggest moments 

1 minute ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

By my count, the five Atlanta franchises that play/have played in the big four leagues (Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Flames and Thrashers) combined have about 77 playoff appearances and one title. . . .

Part of it is bad luck, but a lot of it is a lack of urgency by the star players and coaches (I’m looking at you, Chipper, Maddux, Glavine, Cox and the rest of the ‘get them next year’ crew from those Braves teams) and front offices that lack an instinct for the jugular and build teams just good enough to come up short at the biggest moments 

I don't know what it is, but I can't fathom how t can be so bad for one city for so long.  We are the worst professional sports city of all time by far.  

No, if we were cursed we would have the lowest winning percentage out of all 32 teams. We only have the 30th worst winning percentage so cheer up, we are obviously not cursed. 

Falcons Fan MVP and Zzzzz like this

47 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Right, so if Anderson had made that field goal, would that mean we were

more cursed?

Come on.

Blair Walsh 30 yard FG miss vs Seattle. Brett Favre int vs Saints in NFC championship game while in fg range. That's some bad luck by veteran players.

44 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Exactly!

31 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

38 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

No not cursed, just a really bad organization for along time. Mr. Blank is trying to change the loser culture, but he keeps hiring these soft coaches.

2012, 2016 endings made me wonder. Eugene Robinson, Mike Vick etc. Lindstrom gets hurt 1st game. It's what happens to our good teams that make me wonder. If we had one championship just one I wouldn't ask. 

53 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

No not cursed, just a really bad organization for along time. Mr. Blank is trying to change the loser culture, but he keeps hiring these soft coaches.

This.

FalconinPA likes this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, this team has been around more than 50 years and they either flat out suck or when they are contenders they only do good enough to build your hopes up so they can crush you in the spotlight.

I want us to ship this franchise to St. Louis and have us start over with an expansion team. We have seen an Expansion team Untied come to the city and build a winning tradition almost instantly. I want that for an NFL team here. The Falcons aren't it and never will be.

This is a pathetic franchise that only provides misery to its fan base.

Winning "tradition" can be bought in MLS.  If it were that easy to apply to the NFL, Blank would have done so since he owns both teams.  And if successful blueprint translated between the two leagues, the Revs would have a title by now.