Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
putnam6

All the pissing and moaning is likely right,but...

All the pissing and moaning is likely right, but... 

It's one game the NFC South will be 1-3 or 0-4, Vikings abused them but the Falcons can definitely play better we all know that.

the bad news is the Eagles are on the menu and they are as a solid and well built as Minnesota, they could improve drastically and still be 0-2

Just now, putnam6 said:

It's one game the NFC South will be 1-3 or 0-4, Vikings abused them but the Falcons can definitely play better we all know that.

the bad news is the Eagles are on the menu and they are as a solid and well built as Minnesota, they could improve drastically and still be 0-2

TRUTH!

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

Because even if they improved vastly over what we saw today they'd still be trash.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Our problem is our talent doesn’t equal our expectations.

At some positions but some of it is preparation and scheme. Falcons need to throw some quick outs and slants, especially against a geeked up defense and with our suspect OL. I was so wrong about Freeman he just couldn't get anything going, Ito had a little more wiggle today. Which brings up why in the **** didnt they leave either Hill or  Ollison active if nothing else a bigger body to block on passing downs.

Just now, putnam6 said:

At some positions but some of it is preparation and scheme. Falcons need to throw some quick outs and slants, especially against a geeked up defense and with our suspect OL. I was so wrong about Freeman he just couldn't get anything going, Ito had a little more wiggle today. Which brings up why in the **** didnt they leave either Hill or  Ollison active if nothing else a bigger body to block on passing downs.

Funny you should say that slants off of a 3 step drop and A gap pressure yep completely agree.

Yep it’s a poor trait that I’ve seen slow starts offensively.Some how they’ve got too be able to get the run game going early to see the best out of this offense.

13 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

This isn’t a very well coached team, and that always seems to be the case under Quinn.  If anybody needs to step it up, it’s him.  He’s fighting for his job this season and that’s not the way you come out to prove your worth.

He seems to value pure athleticism over scheme to a fault. Opposite of a team like the hated Patriots who have proven mastery of the offense and defensive schemes can get you not one but 6 Lombardi's.

A broke down RB who hasn't seen meaningful action in a long time, a 66 million dollar receiver who didn't get any real reps in preseason, a new o line and some defense starters who haven't seen meaningful play in quite some time gives us what we saw today. It all can and most likely will get better. 

14 minutes ago, nomak said:

A broke down RB who hasn't seen meaningful action in a long time, a 66 million dollar receiver who didn't get any real reps in preseason, a new o line and some defense starters who haven't seen meaningful play in quite some time gives us what we saw today. It all can and most likely will get better. 

Agree with all of this. I know everyone is upset, I am too, however they aren't a finished product yet. I want to see what they become and just want to be entertained (and of course see my team win a super bowl). I'll just wait and see what we actually have.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

This isn’t a very well coached team, and that always seems to be the case under Quinn.  If anybody needs to step it up, it’s him.  He’s fighting for his job this season and that’s not the way you come out to prove your worth.

Too many penalties, bad shots at the end of plays, and the players loss their gap. At least under Mike Smith you could count on the team being disciplined and not beating themselves.

56 minutes ago, nomak said:

If only we had all off-season and 5 PS games to help get all that somewhat tightened up. 

Yeah I know, PS doesn't matter. Need to keep our starters healthy and all. But week 1 and here we are. Where are we?

17 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

All is not lost, but I did not see much to make me feel good yet. We could lose to anyone we play if we continue to play like today.

We could still probably beat Jacksonville who we beat in preseason and who now are likely without Foles.

We all hate when the team loses. But it’s the matter of how they lose that drives us nuts. If it was competitive and we loss by 3 points we could live with that. Forcing the ball to Julio, multiple interceptions, can’t block, can’t tackle, block punts, ect. Every year it’s the same and the common denominator is TD

3 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

We all hate when the team loses. But it’s the matter of how they lose that drives us nuts. If it was competitive and we loss by 3 points we could live with that. Forcing the ball to Julio, multiple interceptions, can’t block, can’t tackle, block punts, ect. Every year it’s the same and the common denominator is TD

and perhaps an owner who allows him to stay around?

4 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Our D actually did do some good things.....but still allowed too many runs for plus yardage.

Our offense looked like they had no clue what they were doing.  Too many long-developing pass plays…. why did we run the ball outside the tackles so much?

Was Jake Matthew sick or something?

And what was Beasley doing out there?  Besides counting his money?