Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Soft

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

look at the post counts. Most of these whiners only post when they have a reason to whine. Thus low post counts. 

I knew I could count on the board to be entertaining, hasn't disappointed so far. 

Someone with 4,8xx post has obviously put some time in and isn’t just some sky is falling troll

to dismiss him like what he is saying is wrong just makes you yourself part of the problem that this franchise has, it’s called denial and in some cases it can be treated and learned to work around. Maybe this is the case for you. 

Soft fans who never want to see the facts right in front of them

i love this team with all I am, but that doesn’t make me blind to the complete dumpster fire they were today

all the offseason moves and hype telling us for months that we are going to meaner and nastier only to see the product live in front us is something completely different, we all have the right to call it as we see it, whether we are one post in, or thousands in. 

I for one am tired of all the “lit” “pumped up” “CT” “battle” “be about the ball” talk only to see none of those attributes represented on the field. 

Only to keep watching the same post game presser....

”we know it was going to be a hard fought battle and it was”

”we knew it was going to come down to the ball and we were right”

and to be on the losing end of each comment he says he “knew” or “knows” beforehand

tired of limp **** DQ looking baffled and confused on the sideline, watching refs make ticky tack calls against his team and not saying anything, no arguing - no emotion....because he “knew” right?!?

ill always be a fan, but for now, I’ll be the realist that remember this team’s history since ‘87 when my fandom began, the team that blew a 25pt lead in the Super Bowl, the team that constantly underachieves their talent level...yeh I’ll be that guy that until they prove otherwise...I’ll call it like I see it too

1 hour ago, Shnikies said:

I liked watching that Vikings defense and how it was always attacking. They were always moving forward, whereas our defense was always on its heels.

Our defense played like they were wearing high heels.

Shnikies likes this

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

look at the post counts. Most of these whiners only post when they have a reason to whine. Thus low post counts. 

I knew I could count on the board to be entertaining, hasn't disappointed so far. 

I'm glad you're able to find some form of entertainment because I guarantee the Atlanta Falcons didn't give you any today. Congrats on the high post count. Internet status is very important....

WornOutFalconFan likes this

50 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

Someone with 4,8xx post has obviously put some time in and isn’t just some sky is falling troll

to dismiss him like what he is saying is wrong just makes you yourself part of the problem that this franchise has, it’s called denial and in some cases it can be treated and learned to work around. Maybe this is the case for you. 

i love this team with all I am, but that doesn’t make me blind to the complete dumpster fire they were today

all the offseason moves and hype telling us for months that we are going to meaner and nastier only to see the product live in front us is something completely different, we all have the right to call it as we see it, whether we are one post in, or thousands in. 

I for one am tired of all the “lit” “pumped up” “CT” “battle” “be about the ball” talk only to see none of those attributes represented on the field. 

and to be on the losing end of each comment he says he “knew” or “knows” beforehand

tired of limp **** DQ looking baffled and confused on the sideline, watching refs make ticky tack calls against his team and not saying anything, no arguing - no emotion....because he “knew” right?!?

ill always be a fan, but for now, I’ll be the realist that remember this team’s history since ‘87 when my fandom began, the team that blew a 25pt lead in the Super Bowl, the team that constantly underachieves their talent level...yeh I’ll be that guy that until they prove otherwise...I’ll call it like I see it too

Amen.

5 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

Post of the Year

8 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

LMAO!!! so I am the problem? because I, like you, as a fan can do WHAT exactly? tell you what dipstick, you fire Dimi, I'll fire the rest of the staff. I'll call D you call O.....

moron, the only two options you have are: stop watching, come here and complain. I'm betting you and the rest of these morons who come on here and say "you just always accept it no matter what" can't do anything else. You just jump on a chance to ***** and moan. Just stop watching. and for goodness sakes stop coming on the board like you think you can force any of YOUR wanted changes to be made. cause you CAN'T

oh and in that thread someone made asking for opinions on 'why will we lose  I PUT the losing mentality of the message board would be why.....so I guess you're right, it's the boards fault. when we say WE lost the game, it really has to be because us posters on the board let that guy through that blocked that punt and threw those interceptions.....

and here's another little gem for you, I had things to do yesterday and wasn't being entertained by what I was seeing. You know what this 'soft' fan did? the only thing I could do, I turned the TV off and went and got some other things done.  GASP!!!! betting you and this other list of moron whiners sat there and watched the whole thing, just so you'd have a longer list of crap to post about

Geneaut likes this

The OL look like the **** themselves after the first play from scrimmage, disorganized and overmatched obvious they weren't ready. Thats on the players and the coaches, personally Id go with a heavy run game offense obviously let Hill or Ollison be active, have Free as 3rd down back. But try and run the ball even if it isn't working at first OL needs to gel get a push going nothing helps that but running the ball.

vitaman and mqg96 like this

9 hours ago, robertap said:

It wasn't a matter of being soft;  It was a comedy of mental errors.  There's no discipline.  Almost all of the big runs were because people didn't stay in their gap.  It wasn't because they were being manhandled, they just bit on everything. On the other side of the ball, our pro-bowl OT was repeatedly faked out of his shoes.

I think all of this comes down to namby pamby preseason coaching, and it takes a few weeks of regular season mistakes before we figure out how to play properly again.  Soft isn't really the right word.  We didn't play soft today.  We were eager to butt heads with people.  (a little too eager)  When it comes down to it, we played stupid.  We beat ourselves.  Mental mistakes abound on this team at this point, and that's entirely on Quinn and his preseason formula.

Are we really, "good enough," to let Julio Jones and several other starters sit out for the entire preseason?  It sure didn't look like it today.  Not soft, stupid.

Quinn better get this fixed ASAP or this will be his last year in Atlanta.

10 hours ago, sdogg said:

I'm just so sick of us always having the soft, finesse team. Both sides of the ball are this way and have been for fat too long. 

Time for AB to flip the script. Hire a GM that believes in hard-nosed football. 2 players enter a phone booth,  only one player comes out. That player is a Falcon. 

You don't have to be a Steelers or a Ravens to not be soft. But the fact is, we'll never be them anyway. Atlanta is not that kind of town. It's not our identity. Like it or not, Atlanta is about speed and swagger. 

But you can build for speed and swagger and still move the trenches. It's the Andy Reid philosophy. 335 lb bruisers across the front, and fast as **** at the skill positions. The problem is, we are small EVERYWHERE.

And now that Reid has his QB, he will finally get it done. Maybe unseat the Pats as soon as this year. Andy Reid would have been the perfect HC/GM for Atlanta.

11 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

There's soft. Then there's charmin ultra soft. The Falcons are charmin ultra soft. We all know what charmin is used for. Exactly what the Falcons played like today. Straight up manhandled right out of the gate. Two garbage time TD's made it appear closer than it actually was. What a laughing stock, pathetic, ridiculous performance from a professional franchise. It would be hard to imagine them playing any worse. Sum it up with one word. Garbage. 

I'm not a homer, nor am I a sky is falling kinda guy. Just calling it how I see it today.

No doubt... Vikings made the  Falcons their Biaatch. And the Falcons response to that was, "lemme turn around for you"... 

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

9 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

Well said!! Us long time fans have a very hard time loving this team. It’s like dating an ugly girl that people make fun of. Every year it starts the same way. Soft. Being In the New Orleans area I don’t get to see but a handful of games unless they make the playoffs. This game was embarrassing. If I didn’t know any better I would say Ryan is washed up. Brady almost a decade older still making plays. Yes our O line is still trash.

Falcons have been around for what 50 or so years. Been to the bowl twice and lost both times. Not to mention knock out of the playoffs several times. I guess we stick with the facts: we aren’t a football dynasty and we never will be under Quinn.

14 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

There's soft. Then there's charmin ultra soft. The Falcons are charmin ultra soft. We all know what charmin is used for. Exactly what the Falcons played like today. Straight up manhandled right out of the gate. Two garbage time TD's made it appear closer than it actually was. What a laughing stock, pathetic, ridiculous performance from a professional franchise. It would be hard to imagine them playing any worse. Sum it up with one word. Garbage. 

I'm not a homer, nor am I a sky is falling kinda guy. Just calling it how I see it today.

For whatever reason dome teams have a very tough time maintaining toughness on defense. Maybe it's because they build for speed to take advantage of the fast surface but there are 8 dome teams in the league right now and with a possible exception of Minnesota, none are really built for toughness.

ARZ, ATL, DAL, DET, HOU, INDY, MIN,, N.O.

Offset that with the 24 outdoor teams that are predominately known for toughness especially on defense.

BALT, BUF, CAR, CHI, CIN, CLE, DEN, GB, JAX, KC, MIA, NE, NYG, NYJ, OAK, PHL, PIT, SD, SF, SEA, LAR, TB, TEN, WASH.

Again there are a couple of outliers but it appears that it's difficult for indoor teams to get that toughness rep. Looks like Minnesota with Zimmer may be on track to break that tendency.

Not very many Lombardi's per capita out of that first group.

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

14 minutes ago, slider said:

For whatever reason dome teams have a very tough time maintaining toughness on defense. Maybe it's because they build for speed to take advantage of the fast surface but there are 8 dome teams in the league right now and with a possible exception of Minnesota, none are really built for toughness.

ARZ, ATL, DAL, DET, HOU, INDY, MIN,, N.O.

Offset that with the 24 outdoor teams that are predominately known for toughness especially on defense.

BALT, BUF, CAR, CHI, CIN, CLE, DEN, GB, JAX, KC, MIA, NE, NYG, NYJ, OAK, PHL, PIT, SD, SF, SEA, LAR, TB, TEN, WASH.

Again there are a couple of outliers but it appears that it's difficult for indoor teams to get that toughness rep. Looks like Minnesota with Zimmer may be on track to break that tendency.

Not very many Lombardi's per capita out of that first group.

Interesting. I never noticed that but I think you're on to something.

slider likes this

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

LMAO!!! so I am the problem? because I, like you, as a fan can do WHAT exactly? tell you what dipstick, you fire Dimi, I'll fire the rest of the staff. I'll call D you call O.....

moron, the only two options you have are: stop watching, come here and complain. I'm betting you and the rest of these morons who come on here and say "you just always accept it no matter what" can't do anything else. You just jump on a chance to ***** and moan. Just stop watching. and for goodness sakes stop coming on the board like you think you can force any of YOUR wanted changes to be made. cause you CAN'T

oh and in that thread someone made asking for opinions on 'why will we lose  I PUT the losing mentality of the message board would be why.....so I guess you're right, it's the boards fault. when we say WE lost the game, it really has to be because us posters on the board let that guy through that blocked that punt and threw those interceptions.....

and here's another little gem for you, I had things to do yesterday and wasn't being entertained by what I was seeing. You know what this 'soft' fan did? the only thing I could do, I turned the TV off and went and got some other things done.  GASP!!!! betting you and this other list of moron whiners sat there and watched the whole thing, just so you'd have a longer list of crap to post about

Dude, you should never post stuff you couldn’t take face to face about. There’s healthy debate, and then there’s disrespect. 

5 hours ago, stlouisfalcon said:

Dude, you should never post stuff you couldn’t take face to face about. There’s healthy debate, and then there’s disrespect. 

I haven’t posted a single thing I wouldn’t say face to face, so what’s your point? Have either of these bozos?

I will wait to see which of them volunteers to go to the branch and fire the ones they want fired and tell the rest of them they are soft. So let em take on off over there and follow your guidance on not posting stuff they wouldn’t say face to face. Matter of fact you may need to go along as a witness cause I have a strong suspicion they wouldn’t be able to report back on the outcome for a while. So let us know how it comes out, will ya? :tiphat: