Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Soft

41 posts in this topic

There's soft. Then there's charmin ultra soft. The Falcons are charmin ultra soft. We all know what charmin is used for. Exactly what the Falcons played like today. Straight up manhandled right out of the gate. Two garbage time TD's made it appear closer than it actually was. What a laughing stock, pathetic, ridiculous performance from a professional franchise. It would be hard to imagine them playing any worse. Sum it up with one word. Garbage. 

I'm not a homer, nor am I a sky is falling kinda guy. Just calling it how I see it today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

There's soft. Then there's charmin ultra soft. The Falcons are charmin ultra soft. We all know what charmin is used for. Exactly what the Falcons played like today. Straight up manhandled right out of the gate. Two garbage time TD's made it appear closer than it actually was. What a laughing stock, pathetic, ridiculous performance from a professional franchise. It would be hard to imagine them playing any worse. Sum it up with one word. Garbage. 

I'm not a homer, nor am I a sky is falling kinda guy. Just calling it how I see it today.

I think it is safe to say, no one in the NFC South is afraid of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jesus said:

What a hero.

look at the post counts. Most of these whiners only post when they have a reason to whine. Thus low post counts. 

 

I knew I could count on the board to be entertaining, hasn't disappointed so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

There's soft. Then there's charmin ultra soft. The Falcons are charmin ultra soft. We all know what charmin is used for. Exactly what the Falcons played like today. Straight up manhandled right out of the gate. Two garbage time TD's made it appear closer than it actually was. What a laughing stock, pathetic, ridiculous performance from a professional franchise. It would be hard to imagine them playing any worse. Sum it up with one word. Garbage. 

I'm not a homer, nor am I a sky is falling kinda guy. Just calling it how I see it today.

You know, saying two garbage time TDs made it look closer than it was is a lot like saying 3 turnovers and a blocked punt made it look more lopsided than it really was. At the end of the day, it really is what it really was. A 28-12 pile of ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just so sick of us always having the soft, finesse team. Both sides of the ball are this way and have been for fat too long. 

 

Time for AB to flip the script. Hire a GM that believes in hard-nosed football. 2 players enter a phone booth,  only one player comes out. That player is a Falcon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Pretty sure the Eagles Dline is looking forward to the game...

It's gonna be a bad time. People think there's a lot of negativity here now should visit next week.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sdogg said:

I'm just so sick of us always having the soft, finesse team. Both sides of the ball are this way and have been for fat too long. 

 

Time for AB to flip the script. Hire a GM that believes in hard-nosed football. 2 players enter a phone booth,  only one player comes out. That player is a Falcon. 

I liked watching that Vikings defense and how it was always attacking. They were always moving forward, whereas our defense was always on its heels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

I liked watching that Vikings defense and how it was always attacking. They were always moving forward, whereas our defense was always on its heels.

I get so jealous when I see a D just impose it's will on us and there's nothing we can do about. Nothing at all. 

ATL_666, Shnikies, putnam6 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm watching tonight's game and I'm seeing Brady take 3quick drops back and the ball is gone and into the hands of a mostly open WR. Easy peasey. 

Chaz and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 said the same freaking thing about Vic Beasley and got flamed by the legion of nonsensical Homer's this board has.

It's a shame the folks that see issues and point them out BEFORE it happens on the field get ridiculed by folks here. 

Where are the folks who dare to call people stupid or trolls for simply pointing out the truth???

I could name names but you know what, I'm not going to. Shame on the berating guys who root for the same team but whose only crime is telling the truth

 

Da_Truth and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Now I'm watching tonight's game and I'm seeing Brady take 3quick drops back and the ball is gone and into the hands of a mostly open WR. Easy peasey. 

I'm a Falcons and Patriots fan. Falcons fan first unfortunately and let me tell you, its the ultimate feast and famine experience.

The Patriots make everything look effortless.

vitaman and WornOutFalconFan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't a matter of being soft;  It was a comedy of mental errors.  There's no discipline.  Almost all of the big runs were because people didn't stay in their gap.  It wasn't because they were being manhandled, they just bit on everything. On the other side of the ball, our pro-bowl OT was repeatedly faked out of his shoes.

I think all of this comes down to namby pamby preseason coaching, and it takes a few weeks of regular season mistakes before we figure out how to play properly again.  Soft isn't really the right word.  We didn't play soft today.  We were eager to butt heads with people.  (a little too eager)  When it comes down to it, we played stupid.  We beat ourselves.  Mental mistakes abound on this team at this point, and that's entirely on Quinn and his preseason formula.

Are we really, "good enough," to let Julio Jones and several other starters sit out for the entire preseason?  It sure didn't look like it today.  Not soft, stupid.

Quinn better get this fixed ASAP or this will be his last year in Atlanta.

Geneaut, ShadyRef, mqg96 and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

I'm a Falcons and Patriots fan. Falcons fan first unfortunately and let me tell you, its the ultimate feast and famine experience.

The Patriots make everything look effortless.

More times than not, they sure do. Just a well coached team. Just like Bama with Saban. More times than not, their players at the very least, do the basic fundamentals of football. 

BloodBurgerOne and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

I liked watching that Vikings defense and how it was always attacking. They were always moving forward, whereas our defense was always on its heels.

The Falcons haven't had a tough image since the gritz blitz days with the exception of a couple of years here or there, Deion and Glanville ushered in the era of all talk and no walk that continues to this day. 

The Niners would come in and drop 40+ on a trash talking bunch of losers in the 80's and early 90’s and it was only when Dan Reeves toughened them up some in the later 90's was there a slight reprieve.

It seems no matter how many attempts to tighten this defense up, it doesn't seem to work. 

I'm one that always gets ticked by the lack of respect from the national media and fans but objectively, how can you blame them. That being said, Dallas hasn't done dink since the early 90's and they get super bowl respect every year by the media. Reputations stick.

putnam6, Shnikies and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, robertap said:

It wasn't a matter of being soft;  It was a comedy of mental errors.  There's no discipline.  Almost all of the big runs were because people didn't stay in their gap.  It wasn't because they were being manhandled, they just bit on everything. On the other side of the ball, our pro-bowl OT was repeatedly faked out of his shoes.

I think all of this comes down to namby pamby preseason coaching, and it takes a few weeks of regular season mistakes before we figure out how to play properly again.  Soft isn't really the right word.  We didn't play soft today.  We were eager to butt heads with people.  (a little too eager)  When it comes down to it, we played stupid.  We beat ourselves.  Mental mistakes abound on this team at this point, and that's entirely on Quinn and his preseason formula.

Are we really, "good enough," to let Julio Jones and several other starters sit out for the entire preseason?  It sure didn't look like it today.  Not soft, stupid.

Quinn better get this fixed ASAP or this will be his last year in Atlanta.

It was soft dude. They gashed us and had 120 yards rushing in the first half. We got manhandled and nobody could get off their blocks. We sat back instead of attacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guarantee you that is the most dominant 60 minutes of football the Vikings will play on both sides of the ball this entire season.  They will not be able to impose their will on another NFL team to that degree this season.  Don't get me wrong they have a great defense and they are well coached, but we are so soft it's pathetic.

mqg96 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0