Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

To the large contingency that wanted Koetter back...

80 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, the Krunk just got busted. 

I’ve long since ate crow regarding Boy Wonder. I gave him his credit as a coordinator.  He still cost us a super bowl as did dan Quinn for not stopping the madness when 28-3 happened.  Oddly enough Quinn couldn’t stop the madness of the 6-2 season that went 8-8, but I digress.

My point still stands.  Boy Wonder was we behind the ears.  He learned, adjusted and incorporated his identity.  What was our identity when Koetter was here the first time around?  Did we even have one?  

We’ve already seen what Koetter can do.  Why go backwards?  If your ex-girlfriend was garbage or mediocre would you go back to her?

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’ve long since ate crow regarding Boy Wonder. I gave him his credit as a coordinator.  He still cost us a super bowl as did dan Quinn for not stopping the madness when 28-3 happened.  Oddly enough Quinn couldn’t stop the madness of the 6-2 season that went 8-8, but I digress.

My point still stands.  Boy Wonder was we behind the ears.  He learned, adjusted and incorporated his identity.  What was our identity when Koetter was here the first time around?  Did we even have one?  

We’ve already seen what Koetter can do.  Why go backwards?  If your ex-girlfriend was garbage or mediocre would you go back to her?

Just stop talking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’ve long since ate crow regarding Boy Wonder. I gave him his credit as a coordinator.  He still cost us a super bowl as did dan Quinn for not stopping the madness when 28-3 happened.  Oddly enough Quinn couldn’t stop the madness of the 6-2 season that went 8-8, but I digress.

My point still stands.  Boy Wonder was we behind the ears.  He learned, adjusted and incorporated his identity.  What was our identity when Koetter was here the first time around?  Did we even have one?  

We’ve already seen what Koetter can do.  Why go backwards?  If your ex-girlfriend was garbage or mediocre would you go back to her?

Had a top 10 offense in 2 of his 3 seasons...but yea, garbage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Had a top 10 offense in 2 of his 3 seasons...but yea, garbage 

Can we give these sally's their own dedicated thread to piss and moan and cry in?  My goodness this place is full of babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I wanted Bevell or Scangarello.  But Dirk can get the job done.  Just need to find an identity

Wanted Bevell too, but I'm ok with giving Koetter time. This is a young offense and sacred cow veterans like Bloodline/Defumble/Hardy/Julio are under performing. 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’ve long since ate crow regarding Boy Wonder. I gave him his credit as a coordinator.  He still cost us a super bowl as did dan Quinn for not stopping the madness when 28-3 happened.  Oddly enough Quinn couldn’t stop the madness of the 6-2 season that went 8-8, but I digress.

My point still stands.  Boy Wonder was we behind the ears.  He learned, adjusted and incorporated his identity.  What was our identity when Koetter was here the first time around?  Did we even have one?  

We’ve already seen what Koetter can do.  Why go backwards?  If your ex-girlfriend was garbage or mediocre would you go back to her?

I did once, and regretted it. She was hot,  but bat-crazy. :ninja:

I don’t disagree on koetter. Matt excelled in WCO under Shanny, he mastered it and then we bring in koetter who made his career bones with the Coryell vertical pass system. SMH. 

I’m all for giving DK time, but never felt Sark was a problem that needed replacing. 

Falcons In 2012 and KRUNKuno like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

My first season here. Is It like this every year after losses??

Yes.......Yes it is.

 

Every loss is an organizational failure that should result in everyones replacement..

 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Had a top 10 offense in 2 of his 3 seasons...but yea, garbage 

So why not keep him when the regime changed?

This is the problem with the kool aid crowd.  When you’re not taking gulps then your views are trash.  What I saw today was more of the same of what we’ve seen in the past.  It was pitiful.  To be outcoached and outplayed to that extent has been too regular of a scene for this team especially under Dan Quinn.  We hire a retread of a coordinator that scheme players open and we’re supposed to sit here and give it a year so that everybody can get acclimated.  It’s a continuous cycle.

Players talk all week about brotherhood and holding each other accountable.  Coaches talk all week about being prepared and having great practices, yet every week we come out and are outcoached and play timidly.  It’s actually really sad that more fans aren’t outraged.

The guy we should’ve gave they keys to the city, Gary Kubiak, was in the other booth across from Koetter showing us how it’s done.  The gameplan didn’t work and there were no adjustments.  Guess we just gotta sit back and take it up the rear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

So why not keep him when the regime changed?

This is the problem with the kool aid crowd.  When you’re not taking gulps then your views are trash.  What I saw today was more of the same of what we’ve seen in the past.  It was pitiful.  To be outcoached and outplayed to that extent has been too regular of a scene for this team especially under Dan Quinn.  We hire a retread of a coordinator that scheme players open and we’re supposed to sit here and give it a year so that everybody can get acclimated.  It’s a continuous cycle.

Players talk all week about brotherhood and holding each other accountable.  Coaches talk all week about being prepared and having great practices, yet every week we come out and are outcoached and play timidly.  It’s actually really sad that more fans aren’t outraged.

The guy we should’ve gave they keys to the city, Gary Kubiak, was in the other booth across from Koetter showing us how it’s done.  The gameplan didn’t work and there were no adjustments.  Guess we just gotta sit back and take it up the rear.

You also called our 2016 draft class trash. The one that had Neal and Deion Jones....Face it. You jump to conclusions with pure negativity instantly. This isn’t about me or anyone else drinking kool aid. It’s about you failing to be objective and mature 

Ergo Proxy, Vandy, Geneaut and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You also called our 2016 draft class trash. The one that had Neal and Deion Jones....Face it. You jump to conclusions with pure negativity instantly. This isn’t about me or anyone else drinking kool aid. It’s about you failing to be objective and mature 

Mods ain’t playing no games, Krunky.

 

athell and JD dirtybird21 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

Wanted Bevell too, but I'm ok with giving Koetter time. This is a young offense and sacred cow veterans like Bloodline/Defumble/Hardy/Julio are under performing. 

I was a big no to bevell. Watched him up here and that was enough. 

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You also called our 2016 draft class trash. The one that had Neal and Deion Jones....Face it. You jump to conclusions with pure negativity instantly. This isn’t about me or anyone else drinking kool aid. It’s about you failing to be objective and mature 

No, I did not like the Deion Jones pick.  FWIW he led cfb in missed tackles.  Not sure how that’s something to get giddy about.

And I do not jump to conclusions.  If you look at my posts in the in-game thread you would see me being very rational and probably one of the more level headed guys in there.

After further review and careful consideration, it’s clear that the Koetter hire was a bad choice, and even more clear that Quinn doesn’t know what he’s doing.  I have yet to even harp on him and his lackluster defense that was supposed to take a step forward since he’s calling the plays now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

No, I did not like the Deion Jones pick.  FWIW he led cfb in missed tackles.  Not sure how that’s something to get giddy about.

And I do not jump to conclusions.  If you look at my posts in the in-game thread you would see me being very rational and probably one of the more level headed guys in there.

After further review and careful consideration, it’s clear that the Koetter hire was a bad choice, and even more clear that Quinn doesn’t know what he’s doing.  I have yet to even harp on him and his lackluster defense that was supposed to take a step forward since he’s calling the plays now.

lmao you are too stupid to see you stay getting dunked on.  And ya know what, it's entertaining me so thank you for continually serving up meatballs to JD.

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

No, I did not like the Deion Jones pick.  FWIW he led cfb in missed tackles.  Not sure how that’s something to get giddy about.

And I do not jump to conclusions.  If you look at my posts in the in-game thread you would see me being very rational and probably one of the more level headed guys in there.

After further review and careful consideration, it’s clear that the Koetter hire was a bad choice, and even more clear that Quinn doesn’t know what he’s doing.  I have yet to even harp on him and his lackluster defense that was supposed to take a step forward since he’s calling the plays now.

“I don’t jump to conclusions. But I can see after a week 1 loss that the Koetter hire was clearly a mistake.” :lol:

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the fact we hired an experienced ex HC for our OC. But maybe the Falcons and fans weren't fair to SARK. Kept trying to make him Shanny who even though he loss the SB because of his ego, Shanny was a near genius offensive mind. But DK  really didn't impress me with the Bucs. That being said we have too much Coaching experience, too much Coaching talent on our offensive side to not get this right.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, athell said:

lmao you are too stupid to see you stay getting dunked on.  And ya know what, it's entertaining me so thank you for continually serving up meatballs to JD.

:munch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sdogg said:

I'm looking at all these other games and I'm seeing rookie QB's and avg at best QB's,  easily getting the ball to mostly open WR's (not even close to being as good as ours). While our WR's always have guys riding on their back. Quinn hit a HR with KS and struck out with Sark and DK. 

 

Oh and Quinn struck out with his current DC hire. 

A lot has to do with a run game.  We have no run game.  I've been saying for a long time, but Freeman is not a lead back.  Love the dude, but we need a back that we can pound the defense.  Freeman has that attitude but his body is too small.  If he was 6' tall, this would not be a problem.  I Smith is even smaller than Freeman, even though they are really just about the same size.  Then we are almost at 3:1 pass to run and teams know what we are doing.  I see these other teams using play action and they have guys wide open.  And its like that because those teams either can run the ball or sticks with the running game to keep the defense honest when using play action.  

 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not excited about Koetter but if Matt didn't play like flaming **** today we look a lot more competent. Hospital balls, overthrows and mindnumbing decision city out there. 

 

I did not like how often we were going to Justin Hardy though. And the running game stunk again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0