Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

To the large contingency that wanted Koetter back...

80 posts in this topic

I don't really remember anyone being thrilled with the Koetter hire. It just seemed to me that most of us came to terms with it. 

Also, the oline was awful. So awful. Matt isn't scared to take a hit, but it does appear to get in his head when he knows he will be running for his life. He definitely made some bad decisions, not trying to make excuses, but ****...this was the #1 thing we were supposed to fix.

PokerSteve likes this

The Xs and Os don't matter if you don't have the Jimmies and the Joes. We don't have any depth anywhere and if Lindstrom is out, we are toast.

When your offensive line gets punked all day, it pretty much will destroy any game plan. I'll withhold judgement on Koetter when our offensive line looks decent.

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

OP made the same claims in 2016 about Shanahan

I also said that Boy Wonder would be Dan Quinn’s demise and it’s proving to be true.  Not only did he cost us a super bowl, we also haven’t found an OC anywhere near what he gave us since.  Double whammy.

You expect us to have a year of getting-to-know-you with Dirk Koetter?  That’s what we had with Boy Wonder.  Even more demoralizing was that the first year Boy Wonder was here was the year Quinn couldn’t right the ship after starting 6-2.

We’ve seen what Koetter can do.  We know his limitations, yet we still brought him in.  That to me is reckless.  At least under Boy Wonder we had an identity.  Under Koetter we’ve always been basic.  His scheme doesn’t stretch defenses and it’s easily snuffed out.  Koetter has some weapons in TB as well and couldn’t get it right there either.  Face it, this wasn’t a good hire.

30 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

OP made the same claims in 2016 about Shanahan

My first season here. Is It like this every year after losses??

Ergo Proxy likes this

44 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

At what point did you see a receiver open?  At what point did you say “Great playcalling Koetter”?

Know your personal.  Give your guys a chance.

Across the middle like all game? Koetter was able to get Ito going along with Sanu and Ridley. Hooper was solid too. But if you watched the game, you would know that the two Ryan INTs were not on Koetter...both balls should've been thrown away. The fumble by Free and the punt block? Not on DK either, so I think he had a good gameplan going but our "personnel" completely **** the bed

15 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I also said that Boy Wonder would be Dan Quinn’s demise and it’s proving to be true.  Not only did he cost us a super bowl, we also haven’t found an OC anywhere near what he gave us since.  Double whammy.

You expect us to have a year of getting-to-know-you with Dirk Koetter?  That’s what we had with Boy Wonder.  Even more demoralizing was that the first year Boy Wonder was here was the year Quinn couldn’t right the ship after starting 6-2.

We’ve seen what Koetter can do.  We know his limitations, yet we still brought him in.  That to me is reckless.  At least under Boy Wonder we had an identity.  Under Koetter we’ve always been basic.  His scheme doesn’t stretch defenses and it’s easily snuffed out.  Koetter has some weapons in TB as well and couldn’t get it right there either.  Face it, this wasn’t a good hire.

Dude...you can’t twist this. You were dead wrong on Shanahan. Quinn still has his job meaning you were WRONG that he was the “demise” of him. And I figured you’re behavior about Shanahan taught you a lesson to not jump to conclusions. 

8 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Nope.

More like every five minutes.

The only positive I see in this 1st game is that it humbles to team and hopefully it encourages them to get on their shhhittt... Quinn knows he's on the hot seat so surely he'll get his team together...

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

I'm looking at all these other games and I'm seeing rookie QB's and avg at best QB's,  easily getting the ball to mostly open WR's (not even close to being as good as ours). While our WR's always have guys riding on their back. Quinn hit a HR with KS and struck out with Sark and DK. 

Oh and Quinn struck out with his current DC hire. 

Sark was a good coordinator.  There was nothing wrong with tbe offense last year other than Ryan stinking it up in redzone. ( which he did again today)...

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dude...you can’t twist this. You were dead wrong on Shanahan. Quinn still has his job meaning you were WRONG that he was the “demise” of him. And I figured you’re behavior about Shanahan taught you a lesson to not jump to conclusions. 

A demise doesn’t have to be instant.

And it’d be different if we haven’t already seen Koetter’s offense with Matt Ryan

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dude...you can’t twist this. You were dead wrong on Shanahan. Quinn still has his job meaning you were WRONG that he was the “demise” of him. And I figured you’re behavior about Shanahan taught you a lesson to not jump to conclusions. 

LOL, the Krunk just got busted. 

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Sark was a good coordinator.  There was nothing wrong with tbe offense last year other than Ryan stinking it up in redzone. ( which he did again today)...

I don’t know about “good coordinator”, but he was improving and sure wasn’t near as bad as TAFT made him out to be. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

24 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Welcome, but unfortunately we have some unreasonable posters here.  There are a lot of good posters here too.  You just have to ignore the unreasonable ones.