Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

To the large contingency that wanted Koetter back...

80 posts in this topic

Dishonor on you...dishonor on your cow!

Football is ALL about matchups, and once again Koetter proves that he is incapable of providing a scheme that can get the job done.  Koetter is known for long developing pass plays with pretty basic route concepts.  What you saw today was just a reintroduction to an abysmal and predictable offense.  

Julio could’ve been in the slot more.  Sanu was an active body all day that got very little opportunities, but when he did he made the most of them.  We kept running toss plays just to set up a negative Russell Gage reverse.  Jaeden Graham balled in the preseason and was nowhere to be found.  Both of our big backs that we decided to keep were inactive. 

None of the receivers were open.  Matt has to make a perfect throw/dime every play or else the pass isn’t being completed.  Let’s be frank here, Julio is a great wide receiver but he’s not known to be an incredible separation artist.  He’s big, fast and physical and can win you jump balls at a high rate.  The scheme should allow him mismatches and separation.

Koetter is awful.  There was a large contingency here that wanted him back.  They’re rather quiet now.  

When Ryan had a stronger arm several years ago it was not bad with some of Koetter’s plays. But not one play today looked well planned. Just basic football. I was okay with DK coming back, but I take that feeling back. He is a retread and nothing inspiring will come from his playbook. This team might be more lost than it appears. Koetter sucked with the Bucs. He had one good year here. He was not a good choice.

I'm looking at all these other games and I'm seeing rookie QB's and avg at best QB's,  easily getting the ball to mostly open WR's (not even close to being as good as ours). While our WR's always have guys riding on their back. Quinn hit a HR with KS and struck out with Sark and DK. 

Oh and Quinn struck out with his current DC hire. 

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes because posters on here are the ones that hired him

Yes, because posters on here who didn’t agree with the hire got blasted for reminding others of why the rehire was a bad idea.

Shnikies and vitaman like this

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The offense the Falcons run doesn’t work when they can’t run the ball.

Take the 1st play of the game.  Sack on a play action.

Sark would have been shut out.  Shanahan would have also lost that one with the sans rushing performance.

Well that first sack was due solely to confusion upfront.

That very late shfit had Matthews going inside and then Barr came on a blitz.

That is not really on anything other than just great design by Zimmer

I was against the Dirk hire. We haven't  had real success with him,so why bother now. We will get figured out just by other teams using old Tampa bay game plans from last year. Falcons look bad

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Its not Koetter so much......Matt threw for over 300 empty yards.  It was Matt Ryan......and you know what?  Real men own up to their mistakes:

MINNEAPOLIS – The Falcons turned the ball over three times in the loss to Minnesota on Sunday and two of the turnovers came from quarterback Matt Ryan.

The other turnover came from Devonta Freeman when he fumbled the ball and Minnesota recovered it at the start of the second quarter.

“Both interceptions today were poor decisions and they cost us,” Ryan said. “They cost us points in both situations. I have to be better than that.”

Ryan hasn’t thrown multiple interceptions in a game since December of 2017 when he threw three interceptions against the New Orleans Saints.

The first interception came on Atlanta’s second offensive series of the game. Ryan, trying to find Julio Jones over the middle, was picked off by Vikings’ safety Anthony Harris. Four plays later, Dalvin Cook scored a touchdown, putting Minnesota up two scores.

Down 21-0 at the half, the Falcons were looking to get some momentum on offense. As Ryan and Co. put together their best drive of the day at that point on the first series in the second half, it resulted in zero points.

Dealing with pressure inside the red zone, Ryan tried to find Luke Stocker in the corner of the end zone where Smith found his way to the ball again, giving Ryan his second interception of the day.

Cook scored again on the next series for Minnesota, essentially putting the game out of reach for the Falcons.

Ryan finished with 304 yards on the day and two touchdowns in the 28-12 loss to the Vikings.

THANKS MATT for owning it instead of hiding behind the brotherhood!

Edited by lostnmexico
FalconsZone7 and JBridgez like this

15 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Yes, because posters on here who didn’t agree with the hire got blasted for reminding others of why the rehire was a bad idea.

Ehh

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Its not Koetter so much......Matt threw for over 300 empty yards.  It was Matt Ryan......and you know what?  Real men own up to their mistakes:

Matt isn't the one calling the play when a secondary has two obviously hobbled players and they are not being targeted.  The in game adjustments were non existant and if there were adjustments made, they were pitiful.  I expect a lot more with Knapp, Koetter, and Mularkey handling the offense.  Just an anemic gameplan all together.

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

MINNEAPOLIS – The Falcons turned the ball over three times in the loss to Minnesota on Sunday and two of the turnovers came from quarterback Matt Ryan.

The other turnover came from Devonta Freeman when he fumbled the ball and Minnesota recovered it at the start of the second quarter.

“Both interceptions today were poor decisions and they cost us,” Ryan said. “They cost us points in both situations. I have to be better than that.”

Ryan hasn’t thrown multiple interceptions in a game since December of 2017 when he threw three interceptions against the New Orleans Saints.

The first interception came on Atlanta’s second offensive series of the game. Ryan, trying to find Julio Jones over the middle, was picked off by Vikings’ safety Anthony Harris. Four plays later, Dalvin Cook scored a touchdown, putting Minnesota up two scores.

Down 21-0 at the half, the Falcons were looking to get some momentum on offense. As Ryan and Co. put together their best drive of the day at that point on the first series in the second half, it resulted in zero points.

Dealing with pressure inside the red zone, Ryan tried to find Luke Stocker in the corner of the end zone where Smith found his way to the ball again, giving Ryan his second interception of the day.

Cook scored again on the next series for Minnesota, essentially putting the game out of reach for the Falcons.

Ryan finished with 304 yards on the day and two touchdowns in the 28-12 loss to the Vikings.

Matt always owns up to his mistakes.  He knows when he doesn’t play great.  The problem is that he plays super conservative to follow up a bad game.  The even bigger problem is that his coordinator left him out to dry with awful playcalling. 

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Matt isn't the one calling the play when a secondary has two obviously hobbled players and they are not being targeted.  The in game adjustments were non existant and if there were adjustments made, they were pitiful.  I expect a lot more with Knapp, Koetter, and Mularkey handling the offense.  Just an anemic gameplan all together.

Right.  When Rhodes went out even Chris Spielman couldn’t believe we weren’t taking advantage of it right away.  What did we do...run a reverse with Gage.

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

I don't have a issue with DK at this point.. I dont think any OC would look good with Ryan running for his life soon as the ball is snapped.. Plus, Ryan made some horrible decisions of his own when he did have time. No OC would look good in the situation i watched today 

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Right.  When Rhodes went out even Chris Spielman couldn’t believe we weren’t taking advantage of it right away.  What did we do...run a reverse with Gage.

Personal was already in the game at that point.. Only thing we could do would be call a time out and change our formation 

5 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

This loss was more on Ryan's bad decision making than Koetter's playcalling. Also our oline is still terrible so obviously they didn't stand a chance on the road against Minn

This ^^^ i dont see how anyone that watched the game can blame DK on play calling.. This was one of the worst games ive watched for our Oline 

FalconsZone7 and JBridgez like this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

This ^^^ i dont see how anyone that watched the game can blame DK on play calling.. This was one of the worst games ive watched for our Oline 

At what point did you see a receiver open?  At what point did you say “Great playcalling Koetter”?

Know your personal.  Give your guys a chance.

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Personal was already in the game at that point.. Only thing we could do would be call a time out and change our formation 

Rhodes has been hobbled during the preseason. Thats why he got burned in one of the games.  If any player comes out injured, you **** sure be calling plays at him to test it.  Its a game of advantages and match ups.  Why not test it?  ****, Hardy was making catches on him.

5 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

At what point did you see a receiver open?  At what point did you say “Great playcalling Koetter”?

Know your personal.  Give your guys a chance.

Your second to last sentence.  I brought this up in a chat with some other friends,  I pray that we don't need a 1 year ice breaker session with the Offense like we did with Shanny and Sark's first years.. 

During the Jets game some were ok with the pressure because it was vanilla.  I did not see much help being sent to Jake as he was getting beat.  

I am not a doom and gloomer but the guys with head sets need to do up their game big time.

PokerSteve and KRUNKuno like this