The Falcons actually had a decent pass rush today...

Spts1

I know the game was a meltdown but whats loss in the debacle is the decent pass rush they had today.  They were in Cousins face regularly.  Even Beasley had a decent rush. No he didn't get home but I saw a different game than what most people are saying about Beasley.  He was THERE.  Takk was close several times.  Grady had a good game.  The Falcons problem was the run defense and Oliver.  

Its like the Falcons have spent soo much time with the pass rush that they have neglected other parts of the defense.  In this new scheme, which is predicated on a lot of one gap control, the linebackers and defensive line have to maintain discipline in the run game or they will get gashed like they did today.  Same with maintaining the edge by the outside linebackers.  Soo much emphasis is being placed on Beasley and Takk, etc. rushing the quarterback that I think maintaining the edge and gap controls are being neglected.

Oliver is just a mess.  He doesn't have the look of a starting NFL corner.  Heck, he couldnt handle nickel back either. Too slow and hips don't turn like they should. Looks more fitted to playing free safety  ( which is where corners go when they are put to pasture.) Letting Alford go is gonna bite Quinn and it already has.

Back to the topic on hand, the pass rush is gonna be fine, its the run defense and the weak spot of Oliver that has to be tightened up. I would not be surprised to see Oliver replaced after the Philadelphia game...

Edited by slickgadawg

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I know the game was a meltdown but whats loss in the debacle is the decent pass rush they had today.  They were in Cousins face regularly.  Even Beasley had a decent rush. No he didn't get home but I saw a different game than what most people are saying about Beasley.  He was THERE.  Takk was close several times.  Grady had a good game.  The Falcons problem was the run defense and Oliver.  

Its like the Falcons have spent soo much time with the pass rush that they have neglected other parts of the defense.  In this new scheme, which is predicated on a lot of one gap control, the linebackers and defensive line have to maintain discipline in the run game or they will get gashed like they did today.  Same with maintaining the edge by the outside linebackers.  Soo much emphasis is being placed on Beasley and Takk, etc. rushing the quarterback that I think maintaining the edge and gap controls are being neglected.

Oliver is just a mess.  He doesn't have the look of a starting NFL corner.  Heck, he couldnt handle nickel back either. Too slow and hips don't turn like they should. Looks more fitted to playing free safety  ( which is where corners go when they are put to pasture.) Letting Alford go is gonna bite Quinn and it already has.

Back to the topic on hand, the pass rush is gonna be fine, its the run defense and the weak spot of Oliver that has to be tightened up. I would not be surprised to see Oliver replaced after the Philadelphia game...

Vic could have had a sack but gave up on the play! Then realized Cousins still had the ball then slowly ran that way!  Other then that he did ok 

Just now, AllStarHandyMan said:

Vic could have had a sack but gave up on the play! Then realized Cousins still had the ball then slowly ran that way!  Other then that he did ok 

So he had a bad play, ( which I don't remember or missed ). Ryan threw two picks and missed a wide open Julio for a touchdown.  Blame can go a lot of places.  My point is Beasley and the defensive line had a good game getting after the quarterback...

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t agree with that.

Falcons had an above average pass rush. I wouldn’t use the word good.

They didn’t force Cousins into any bad throws. They couldn’t force a turnover or a stop when it really mattered.

Oh and the Vikes averaged over 5 yards a carry...

Isn't that better than the other phases of the game today?

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t agree with that.

Falcons had an above average pass rush. I wouldn’t use the word good.

They didn’t force Cousins into any bad throws. They couldn’t force a turnover or a stop when it really mattered.

Oh and the Vikes averaged over 5 yards a carry...

I also DO NOT AGREE!  A Decent pass rush ACTUALLY GETS TO the QB!  This ain't Horseshoes!

One Sack is NOT a decent pass rush!

Edited by lostnmexico

14 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

So he had a bad play, ( which I don't remember or missed ). Ryan threw two picks and missed a wide open Julio for a touchdown.  Blame can go a lot of places.  My point is Beasley and the defensive line had a good game getting after the quarterback...

I didnt see a good pass rush this game other then jarret.. the line played ok vs the pass..... yet we gave up running yards like it was candy on Halloween.. 

As far as the wide open julio I didnt see that play. Unless you was talking about the double move that ryan put in a perfect place but the defenders stumbled and bumbed/blocked julio from getting there?