Sun Tzu 7

Matt Bryant didn’t even ATTEMPT a kick

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If Bryant can’t hit from 18 they shouldn’t have paid him $3 million

Well, yeah, but why did they go for two? I know you didn't care, but that worries me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Realsurfin said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?  Why cause the insisted in going for the deuce?  The barely mad the six.  They could of went for the extra point.

Keep reading 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dodge_birds_fan said:

Good point. Wasn't trying to be contrary, was legit asking. Thanks for the opinion!

It’s all good. That’s how you defend a lead. DQ should take notes.

dodge_birds_fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

As a sidenote, did Bosher possibly want that first punt to be blocked because he is agitated over having to do kickoffs again this year?  I cannot remember an easier punt block in my life.

Right. Bosher was blocking poorly for himself and opened a gaping hole in the line. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Question Quinn has to answer. 

Sidenote this finish to the Arizona Detroit game is good. 

I'm watching it too, it's good stuff, go Cards.  Murray is greased lightning.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, octoslash said:

I'm watching it too, it's good stuff, go Cards.  Murray is greased lightning.

I felt Murray was gonna prove the critics wrong. For him to bring them back from 18 down is amazing in his debut. Wonder if he can do it all season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I felt Murray was gonna prove the critics wrong. For him to bring them back from 18 down is amazing in his debut. Wonder if he can do it all season

So many factors to consider, but he sure looks real to me.  Speed kills and hes loaded with it, plus a cool head.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outmyfalconmind said:

I’m totally behind the frustration. But in hindsight, without the INT and the blocked punt, they may have only scored 14 points and that would’ve changed the entire game

Oh yeah and if the Falcons would have scored 4 TDS and stopped them from scoring any they would have won by 4 TDS.

Sorry but after that I’m not interested in woulda shoulda coulda.

The reason the Falcons lost is because they were getting whipped in the trenches and had no response for it...

dodge_birds_fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, uup115 said:

I have never seen such a poor in game coach keep a job for so long.

Agreed! His TO's are always at the worse times and we never gain anything from it.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Agreed! His TO's are always at the worse times and we never gain anything from it.

And it's so much more than that...

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, uup115 said:

I have never seen such a poor in game coach keep a job for so long.

He definitely does not have a good grasp for the appropriate times to go for 2. We've gone for 2 way too early at times, but elect not do so at other times when we actually need to, like in the playoff game vs. the Rams a couple years ago when he chose to kick the extra point to go up 13 in the 4th rather than try to make it a two touchdown lead. Afterwards, people dismissed it since we won anyway, but those are the types of decisions that will cost you games at some point, so it's foolish to dismiss them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

He definitely does not have a good grasp for the appropriate times to go for 2. We've gone for 2 way too early at times, but elect not do so at other times when we actually need to, like in the playoff game vs. the Rams a couple years ago when he chose to kick the extra point to go up 13 in the 4th rather than try to make it a two touchdown lead. Afterwards, people dismissed it since we won anyway, but those are the types of decisions that will cost you games at some point, so it's foolish to dismiss them. 

What about in the Bills game 3 years ago when we drove down for the win and we lined up in a new formation and caught them off guard? So they called a time out...we come back in the same formation the Bills just discussed during their time out and they stuffed us with only 10 players.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Oh for sure! Sad part, none of it seems to be getting better, i swear he is getting worse.

Unfortunately it really showed up in the biggest game of all...and hasn't improved. He has absolutely no feel for the offense and it's ability to control the clock.

Flying Falcon and THEHEADCOACH like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

As a sidenote, did Bosher possibly want that first punt to be blocked because he is agitated over having to do kickoffs again this year?  I cannot remember an easier punt block in my life.

This is maybe the worst observation I have ever seen, heard or read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just think about this for a second.

He never even attempted a kick.

Forget the garbage time stats.  That little nugget tells you everything you need to know about this game and the performance of the Falcons.

And what makes things worse is the Falcons looked soft...

 

 

Drives me mad on how soft our team is, compared to others. We must have a a horrible S&C program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now