Sun Tzu 7

Matt Bryant didn’t even ATTEMPT a kick

44 posts in this topic

Just think about this for a second.

He never even attempted a kick.

Forget the garbage time stats.  That little nugget tells you everything you need to know about this game and the performance of the Falcons.

And what makes things worse is the Falcons looked soft...

sdogg likes this

Why did we throw into the middle of the field and let the clock expire before the end of the first half rather than maybe a quick side pass to the sideline and a long kick attempt?

Bryant might have missed the kick but at least it was probably more plausible than Sanu running for a TD.  Were we worried that the kick might be blocked and returned for a TD?  Are there stipulations against high pressure and/or long distance kicks in Bryant's new contract?  Is Bryant still in preseason week 1 shape and need another 3-4 weeks before he can kick (he does not have to worry about kickoffs)?

FalconsZone7 likes this

As a sidenote, did Bosher possibly want that first punt to be blocked because he is agitated over having to do kickoffs again this year?  I cannot remember an easier punt block in my life.

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

Why did we throw into the middle of the field and let the clock expire before the end of the first half rather than maybe a quick side pass to the sideline and a long kick attempt?

Bryant might have missed the kick but at least it was probably more plausible than Sanu running for a TD.  Were we worried that the kick might be blocked and returned for a TD?  Are there stipulations against high pressure and/or long distance kicks in Bryant's new contract?  Is Bryant still in preseason week 1 shape and need another 3-4 weeks before he can kick (he does not have to worry about kickoffs)?

This∆∆

Plus, why did we eat so much clock in the third quarter?

26 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

This∆∆

Plus, why did we eat so much clock in the third quarter?

The Vikings went in to zone to prevent big plays and give underneath stuff. They wanted Falcons to move the ball slowly by taking away big plays.

50 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There were no opportunities for him to today 

Well, we could have kick a PAT instead of going for two. We distanced ourselves even more by doing that nonsense.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Well, we could have kick a PAT instead of going for two. We distanced ourselves even more by doing that nonsense.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

He could have kicked two extra points.

I was being sarcastic but I forget humor isn’t allowed after a loss. The game was out of reach so kicking extra points or going for 2 didn’t really make a difference to me

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was being sarcastic but I forget humor isn’t allowed after a loss. The game was out of reach so kicking extra points or going for 2 didn’t really make a difference to me

We could have kicked. If we had been 28-14 with 5 minutes pluse remaining, we could have made a move. 

FalconsZone7 likes this

We could have kicked. If we had been 28-14 with 5 minutes pluse remaining, we could have made a move. 

Meh. Either result wouldn’t have made a difference. Minny could have ran the clock down and best case Atlanta scores one more time. Multiple could have and if scenarios my man. It is what it is though Record is 0-1

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sorry, have to admit I'm in a bad mood.

But there's no legit reason to go for two there. I'm afraid that it has to do with Bryant. Although, even then, I'd have Bosher [or #### Sanu] try the EP.

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The Vikings went in to zone to prevent big plays and give underneath stuff. They wanted Falcons to move the ball slowly by taking away big plays.

So we couldn't have gone up tempo to save time?

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Meh. Either result wouldn’t have made a difference. Minny could have ran the clock down and best case Atlanta scores one more time. Multiple could have and if scenarios my man. It is what it is though Record is 0-1

That's not the point. You just don't put yourself in those positions. Not having Ollison or Hill active today, and faced a goaline situation where Ryan tried to hit a TE that should have been Logan Paulson. 

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Sorry, have to admit I'm in a bad mood.

But there's no legit reason to go for two there. I'm afraid that it has to do with Bryant. Although, even then, I'd have Bosher [or #### Sanu] try the EP.

If Bryant can’t hit from 18 they shouldn’t have paid him $3 million

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just think about this for a second.

He never even attempted a kick.

Forget the garbage time stats.  That little nugget tells you everything you need to know about this game and the performance of the Falcons.

And what makes things worse is the Falcons looked soft...

I’m totally behind the frustration. But in hindsight, without the first INT and the blocked punt, they may have only scored 14 points and that would’ve changed the entire game

Edited by Outmyfalconmind
FalconsSavant likes this

That's not the point. You just don't put yourself in those positions. Not having Ollison or Hill active today, and faced a goaline situation where Ryan tried to hit a TE that should have been Logan Paulson. 

I get that but that’s not in our control. Y’alls gripe is with Quinn. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

So we couldn't have gone up tempo to save time?

With that crowd noise and amount of plays in drive it’s hard. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

With that crowd noise and amount of plays in drive it’s hard. 

Good point. Wasn't trying to be contrary, was legit asking. Thanks for the opinion!

falcons007 likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

There were no opportunities for him to today 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?  Why cause the insisted in going for the deuce?  The barely made the six.  They could of went for the extra point.

Edited by Realsurfin
Typo fatfingures
Faithful Falcon likes this