What Can 80 Million Get You?

FalconsIn2012

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

If you guessed the Falcons offensive & defensive lines, you’d be right.  We poured tons of resources into the lines and hopefully the return on investment improves over the next few weeks.

Granted, I was only able to watch the first quarter, but did it get any better as the game went on?

D-line actually stepped it up in the 3rd quarter, but by the fourth quarter the game was already over and no one gave a ****. 

McGary had a good game and Lindstorm got hurt but seemed just fine pass blocking.

Matthews made the most glaring mistakes in the game. Rare very bad game for him.

DL...Grady dominated. Well worth the contract.

Takk lost contain on one of the big runs by the Vikings.

Our edge discipline vs the run was HORRIBLE to start the game.

We gave their 2 backs 86 yards on just 5 carries to start the game.

Ended the game allowing 86 yards on 33 more carries. Run D improved, but the TOs and short field/easy TDs by them made their poor offensive output meaningless because they had enough points to drain the clock...something we should know well about the importance of.

OL will need to be better and more time to gel, but I think the DL and run Defense made adjustments this game.

Now, being in a close game and having to rush the passer is our next test and being able to have a good 4Q instead of such a bad start to make their pass game a non-factor.

Team was unprepared, the OL couldn’t handle the blitzes. QB made WTF terrible throw on first interception. The TE stopped the route on second INT, the QB would want that throw back. Freeman with hardly any action in preseason was rusty and fumbled. 

The coaches clearly had this team not prepared in all phases. I am begging to wonder what the **** is ST coach up to. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

I am not worried about Jake but the team after getting *** handed against blitz in Jets game still not prepared.

Agreed. TAFT made the excuse that they didn’t game plan for the Gregg Williams blitzing. We “game planned” and still look like ****. We just don’t have the talent upfront to compete with the big boys. We’re in for another mediocre season. 

2 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Agreed. TAFT made the excuse that they didn’t game plan for the Gregg Williams blitzing. We “game planned” and still look like ****. We just don’t have the talent upfront to compete with the big boys. We’re in for another mediocre season. 

They did not for jets. But they should have for Vikings. 

5 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Any idea what the use case is for odd man front ? or any place i can read about it? im a youth football coach bet never ran this front 

@PeytonMannings Forehead Can probably explain you in detail. 

From my understanding it’s how you use your 1 tech DT on the strong side. This will give ability to be aggressive in pass rush and blitzing but can be a problem in run game.

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

From my understanding it’s how you use your 1 tech DT on the strong side. This will give ability to be aggressive in pass rush and blitzing but can be a problem in run game.

And it depends on which gaps they attack.. For whatever reason Quinn never made any adjustments from the start of the game 

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

An odd front is basically any front where the center is covered up.  There's more to it than that of course.

It doesn't really give you the ability to be aggressive in the pass rush on its own.  It really depends on how you align everyone else.

The fronts we were playing today, I was totally lost as to what we were trying to do.  Quinn used a lot of odd fronts in Seattle against run heavy teams -- namely the 49ers when they had Harbaugh, but I've never been a fan of it against zone teams -- especially wide zone teams.  Harbaugh's 49ers ran a lot of power to go along with their zone-read stuff.  And it's great against teams that run power.  That ain't the Vikings.

Quinn was horrible today.  

17 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

D-line actually stepped it up in the 3rd quarter, but by the fourth quarter the game was already over and no one gave a ****. 

D only looked good because Vikings were just trying to run out the clock and falcons were only committed to stop the run

Game was already out of hand. Something coach Quinn should take note of. If he only did that in the super bowl