Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookAboutFalcon

Adding more fuel to the dumpster fire Lindstrom left in a walking boot

80 posts in this topic

We actually have some debth at oline.. But hardly anyone is noticing the barn burner we have at cb.. We cant go all season with Oliver starting for us. This guy is going to be destroyed probably by next weekend.. Hes so bad i can't believe he didnt ask to be taken out of the game

FalconsZone7 likes this

21 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

In the stat column, but not because he was beat 1on1. Teammate screwed him over.

No sir, I never read the stats. I saw it. That’s the way it works man, I love McGary, but let’s allow him to grow and move forward. You don’t blame it on a missed chip. Those happen far too often. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Won't matter as long as Jake Matthews bum *** is playing. Seeing that spin move today was horrible. Dude looked terrible. 

That and I'm still salty about his holding call in the Super Bowl.

Yep I have never forgot that either. Not a Matthew’s fan by any stretch. He’s soft and believe me I HATE when people throw that word around but he is.

tl;dr likes this

24 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We actually have some debth at oline.. But hardly anyone is noticing the barn burner we have at cb.. We cant go all season with Oliver starting for us. This guy is going to be destroyed probably by next weekend.. Hes so bad i can't believe he didnt ask to be taken out of the game

This, This, This.

I said before the season that I saw him as being a major weak link on Defense, and that we'll only go as far as he'll allow us to go.

Here's the thing. I get it, he stunk up the joint in the 1st game of his sophmore season. Normally, it's no big deal. However, the biggest issue that plagues talented young players is a lack of consistency. On one play they'll show flashes of what made them coveted draft picks, then on the next they'll go through a learning experence. It's to be expected.

My issue w/ Oliver has never shown those flashes of being a good player. He's been the epitome of consistency...in a negative way.

This falls squarely on Quinn. He HAS ALWAYS placed a corner's length over a corner's coverage ability. He sees a 6'2-6'4 DB and he just cant help himself. He keeps trying to draft another Richard Sherman. That's how we have ended up spending top 100 draft picks on Jalen Collins and Isiah Oliver, neither of which could cover worth a lick.

Edited by RubberDucky

18 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No sir, I never read the stats. I saw it. That’s the way it works man, I love McGary, but let’s allow him to grow and move forward. You don’t blame it on a missed chip. Those happen far too often. 

So, Hooper was in the right place by going between McGary and Hunter? I thought chips on speed rushers was to their outside shoulder to neutralize the speed factor.

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Lindstrom played SOLID in the game, too!

Dude stonewalled almost every player they lined up against him.

I'd like to see the #'s when Lindstrom and McGary were playing side by side, cause they looked good.

They sure as **** looked better than the "experienced vets" on the other side of the line.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

19 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So, Hooper was in the right place by going between McGary and Hunter? I thought chips on speed rushers was to their outside shoulder to neutralize the speed factor.

McGary got beat on more than one play. I disagree with Ty being sent in at all. Let him get beat and learn. 

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

McGary got beat on more than one play. I disagree with Ty being sent in at all. Let him get beat and learn. 

True. I think Gono would’ve started if he wasn’t injured because Kaleb was gonna be on a pitch count...

2 hours ago, Beast from the middle east said:

He looked like Lamar Holmes.

Which is saying something. There is bad. There is very bad. There is trash. There is how is he in the league. And then there is Lamar Holmes

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Which is saying something. There is bad. There is very bad. There is trash. There is how is he in the league. And then there is Lamar Holmes

That was the worst I've ever seen him play, he got tied to a spit and roasted every single time with a speed or spin rush. Dude has to play better as the vet on the line, no excuses. 

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I hope you are right as I cannot medically handle watching Schweitzer (active today) become our starting right guard again

uh..Do not watch next week, or read the board then.

Obviously they chose him over Brown to replace Linstrom..lol.

More of the same...

2 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

That was the worst I've ever seen him play, he got tied to a spit and roasted every single time with a speed or spin rush. Dude has to play better as the vet on the line, no excuses. 

Gono for LT. It is time.

It will happen later when they may be out of the race.

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I agree. He played so bad I was almost wishing we still had Alford.....

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

How was the game for you?

It hurt me. I’m tired of that feeling. You were right with your sentiment earlier this year about the personnel...your gut instinct or your overall experience. You weren’t overly negative but intellectually down on the roster. I know you started a more positive thread recently and I just think you were trying to have hope but to date, it turns out your initial feelings were warranted. 

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

It hurt me. I’m tired of that feeling. You were right with your sentiment earlier this year about the personnel...your gut instinct or your overall experience. You weren’t overly negative but intellectually down on the roster. I know you started a more positive thread recently and I just think you were trying to have hope but to date, it turns out your initial feelings were warranted. 

I actually hate to see it man. I wanted to feel better about it, but there are things about the team at every level that just doesn’t work past the stats. Stats are fun, but look at the winning stats for today and it looks like the Vikings are offensively mediocre and maybe got some garbage stats in a passing league. The league has been shifting to balance and run since about 2015 and it will likely stay that way for another 4-6yrs. Our team in geared to contain a passing attack that doesn’t attack the seams in the secondary, which can be good if everyone thought like us.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I actually hate to see it man. I wanted to feel better about it, but there are things about the team at every level that just doesn’t work past the stats. Stats are fun, but look at the winning stats for today and it looks like the Vikings are offensively mediocre and maybe got some garbage stats in a passing league. The league has been shifting to balance and run since about 2015 and it will likely stay that way for another 4-6yrs. Our team in geared to contain a passing attack that doesn’t attack the seams in the secondary, which can be good if everyone thought like us.

Everything about the Vikings plan of attack and overall scheme and approach looked vastly superior than what the Falcons brought to game day on every level...even if the Falcons had executed plays perfectly they looked out dated and behind the times. What works. It was a complete domination of all phases of the game. Very disheartening. 

Just now, Black Francis said:

Everything about the Vikings plan of attack and overall scheme and approach looked vastly superior than what the Falcons brought to game day on every level...even if the Falcons had executed plays perfectly they looked out dated and behind the times. What works. It was a complete domination of all phases of the game. Very disheartening. 

That’s the overall goal of smash mouth football. Take away the heart and leave you sucking air. Beat up the lines and backers. We are finesse and quick striking. It’s a very hit or miss type of philosophy and leaves no margin for error.

Just now, Knight of God said:

That’s the overall goal of smash mouth football. Take away the heart and leave you sucking air. Beat up the lines and backers. We are finesse and quick striking. It’s a very hit or miss type of philosophy and leaves no margin for error.

The Vikings definitely showed our team today the definition of real men football. The definition of football period. It’s still a beat the person in front of you type of game. It’s still a violent physical domination game. No matter the new rules for “safety” or made up “protection” it’s still a game played by gladiators. You can’t have it both ways. It’s a one way game. Kick the guys *** in front of you and hurt him within the rules or make him quit. This team has no identity. 

4 hours ago, falconidae said:

Have 35 mil this year. And will have less than 52 mil by this time next year. If they cut Mack, a lot less.

That’s still a lot.

And Why do folks keep thinking we’ll cut Mack? 

20 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

The Vikings definitely showed our team today the definition of real men football. The definition of football period. It’s still a beat the person in front of you type of game. It’s still a violent physical domination game. No matter the new rules for “safety” or made up “protection” it’s still a game played by gladiators. You can’t have it both ways. It’s a one way game. Kick the guys *** in front of you and hurt him within the rules or make him quit. This team has no identity. 

Agreed 100%

23 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Our identity lies more in the Quinn-isms and cliches and coach speak than anything else.  Vic giving up on a sure sack the first game after Quinn gave him all his attention is not a good look.  Today didn't do anything to help my skepticism of DQ.

It's week 1.  I honestly did not expect us to win this game for a variety of reasons but I'm most upset with losing Lindstrom more than anything else.

Black Francis and Schwarzwald like this