Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookAboutFalcon

Adding more fuel to the dumpster fire Lindstrom left in a walking boot

80 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The good news is Guard is a position where the Falcons have exceptional depth...

Absolutely agree.  Carpenter played really well .  He had one holding call, but other than that was super solid.

With Brown being back, Guard shouldn't be an immediate depth problem.

Just now, tl;dr said:

I'm so done with the Falcons man. Same song and dance every year with them. We are going 6-10 this year and we will fire Quinn and TD and just go get someone stupid. 

Don't really have any faith in this team or organization. 

Same here dude, I **** you not this franchise has made me a miserable human being when it comes to sports in general. Every year this franchise does something to embarrass their fanbase. 

If I had 1 wish it would be to wake up and never watch this sport again. 

tl;dr likes this

35 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Should put us in position to build the OL and DL. Especially since we have no cap space to sign any quality players

We have 46 mill invested in our  OL (2nd begins Dallas) and 52 million (most in NFL) allocated for next year.  We just spent two 1st round picks on the OL.  They’ve invested enough

Vandy likes this

Good news is we can’t have more things go wrong in another game. Blocked punt, 2 bad picks by Ryan who got hit on almost every dropback. No run game. Only way to go is up

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Same here dude, I **** you not this franchise has made me a miserable human being when it comes to sports in general. Every year this franchise does something to embarrass their fanbase. 

If I had 1 wish it would be to wake up and never watch this sport again. 

You have 100% ability to make that one wish happen. Make it so if that’s what you want. 

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We have 40 mill invested in our  OL and 52 million (most in NFL) allocated for next year.  We just spent two 1st round picks on the OL.  They’ve invested enough

Have 35 mil this year. And will have less than 52 mil by this time next year. If they cut Mack, a lot less.

9 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

You have 100% ability to make that one wish happen. Make it so if that’s what you want. 

No it's not really that simple to just stop something you've been doing for 30 years.

You don't just stop a habit instantly. 

19 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We have 46 mill invested in our  OL (2nd begins Dallas) and 52 million (most in NFL) allocated for next year.  We just spent two 1st round picks on the OL.  They’ve invested enough

Money well spent right? 

19 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Have 35 mil this year. And will have less than 52 mil by this time next year. If they cut Mack, a lot less.

It’s only that low cause Matthews restructured from 15 to 7 million a week ago

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s only that low cause Matthews restructured from 15 to 7 million a week ago

And I was wrong how?

Just now, falconidae said:

And I was wrong how?

Not technically wrong...but they invested 45 million in the OL heading into Week 1.  They opted to manipulate it a bit to sign Julio

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Everyone except Mack and Lindstrom were turnstiles so....

McGary had a good outing, but the problem is Ty had to take reps on some drives. He was an issue when he was in.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

McGary had a good outing, but the problem is Ty had to take reps on some drives. He was an issue when he was in.

Could have sworn he allowed a sack and a few hurries. It’s ok though, the defense was buttcheeks so there is that

Schwarzwald and Malachore like this

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Should put us in position to build the OL and DL. Especially since we have no cap space to sign any quality players

lol. Yeah right. We Better get a new coach/GM then...

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Could have sworn he allowed a sack and a few hurries. It’s ok though, the defense was buttcheeks so there is that

The sack on him was Hooper crossing in front of him and chipping inside shoulder on Hunter. That let Hunter get wide/upfield while McGary had to delay because of Hooper.

Hooper chipped our RT more than the DE. Wrong shoulder.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The sack on him was Hooper crossing in front of him and chipping inside shoulder on Hunter. That let Hunter get wide while McGary had to delay because of Hooper. Hooper chipped our RT more than the DE. Wrong shoulder.

So he did allow a sack. Happens.

Schwarzwald likes this

Does anyone remember a time when we had a dominant OL or DL?  I have been a falcons fan since mid 90s and I cannot think of a time when we had a dominant line on either side.  Some people might say the 2016 OL or the OL with Clabo & Dahl, but I would disagree.  Those were good lines, but not dominant.  And besides those were just one-off years, not a consistent stretch of seasons.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Won't matter as long as Jake Matthews bum *** is playing. Seeing that spin move today was horrible. Dude looked terrible. 

That and I'm still salty about his holding call in the Super Bowl.

He looked like Lamar Holmes.