Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheap Talk

Forcing the Ball to Julio

9 posts in this topic

The Viking's DC knew we were going to force the football to Julio no matter what. All they had to do to be successful was shut him down anyway they could. Double/Triple teams, whatever it took. They made a statement that if #11 did catch the ball it would be in short yardage situations.

When Ryan went away from Jones they had success, but Koetter did not adjust enough. If he tries to force feed Julio every game, it is going to be a long season. It is about making the offense work, not having to feed your star receiver no matter what. If he has an unproductive season but the team wins by going away from him, then he still earns his keep.

No.  Teams ALWAYS double Julio.

When they don’t he goes for 300.

The difference today was the pressure forced Ryan into bad decisions.  Really bad ones.  

Ryan a bad game but the defense made up for it by not Stopping the run.

The Daywalker likes this

I guess you can say there were maybe two occasions where Ryan forced it to Julio. However, let's not go letting Julio off the hook. Julio turned in a **** effort today. I actually witnessed him taking plays off, not running hard, and certainly not getting separation. Maybe JJ is injured, or maybe he is showing his age. I thought Julio SUCKED today! Don't get me wrong, I'm a JJ fan, but he did not show up to play today.

Edited by 4dabirds
robertap likes this

There was one play early on where they forced it and Ridley was streaking towards the end zone free. The safety wasn’t paying attention to Ridley until he got near him but Ridley was in full stride. If Matt lobs it to the end zone that’s an easy score

Flying Falcon likes this

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There was one play early on where they forced it and Ridley was streaking towards the end zone free. The safety wasn’t paying attention to Ridley until he got near him but Ridley was in full stride. If Matt lobs it to the end zone that’s an easy score

Nah he'd most likely under throw it like he normally does, and the times he doesn't under throw it he over throws it

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, cwell1 said:

Nah he'd most likely under throw it like he normally does, and the times he doesn't under throw it he over throws it

Doubt it, I don’t even think it would have been a 30 yard throw. Plus he always hits Ridley in stride perfectly

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Doubt it, I don’t even think it would have been a 30 yard throw. Plus he always hits Ridley in stride perfectly

he sure under threw him today, which caused the DPI that was reviewed.  a good throw and thats an easy TD, he had that guy beaten

Flying Falcon likes this