Positives from today.

BlazerSlayer

Not many positives, I grant you.

Ito Smith showed some good elusiveness and a key pass block .Already better than Freeman at that.

Barner returned well I thought.

Gage with a great catch, unfortunately out of bounds.

Ridley continuing on from last season.

Jarrett being his usual dominant self.

Otherwise, a poor performance in all three phases.

Edited by BlazerSlayer

9 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Not many positives, I grant you.

Ito Smith showed some good elusiveness and a key pass block .Already better than Freeman at that.

Barner returned well I thought.

Gage with a great catch, unfortunately out of bounds.

Ridley continuing on from last season.

Jarrett being his usual dominant self.

Otherwise, a poor performance in all three phases.

Thanks Blazer.........I agree that Ito was great to watch and Ridley showed a desire for the end zone and that he wants to win!  Jarrett is Jarret but we still try to play that funky defense instead of a more traditional 4-3 or 3-4...............seems like Quinn spends so much time trying to proove how smart he is that he continues to abandon fundamental football........welcome back to Atlanta!

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Grady came to play, so did Ito Smith. Deion Jones played well for the most part. Takk had some contain issues and maintaining his gap in the run game but I think he can have a breakout season in terms of sacks.

He had a couple of nice tackles in the run game too. It looked like they were trying to install too much on defense this year.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Kaleb had a few blips but he played far better than expected. Matthews better learn how to block spin moves or he’s gonna be in for a long year

I was shocked how well Kaleb played compared to Matthews. If you told me one of our OTs was gonna look bad today, I'd have guessed it be the RT. Matthews had such a solid year last season and showed he deserved his contract.

He MUST rebound for us. And, I really do hope Chris is back ASAP. McGary looks promising. Only sack I think he allowed, he got chipped by Hooper instead of Hooper chipping the DE...basically.

If we don't turn the ball over that often to start the game? Run the ball behind that right side and let the new boys really get comfortable.

Clean up the Turnovers and run D/run game on offense? We can rebound really well moving forward, but gonna take a few weeks of coaching up and good gameplans moving forward.

Gameplan on offense was NOT good this week. Ryan held onto the ball a lot as if no one was open.

So, either his reads aren't fast enough or the play designs were too predictable.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I was shocked how well Kaleb played compared to Matthews. If you told me one of our OTs was gonna look bad today, I'd have guessed it be the RT. Matthews had such a solid year last season and showed he deserved his contract.

He MUST rebound for us. And, I really do hope Chris is back ASAP. McGary looks promising. Only sack I think he allowed, he got chipped by Hooper instead of Hooper chipping the DE...basically.

If we don't turn the ball over that often to start the game? Run the ball behind that right side and let the new boys really get comfortable.

Clean up the Turnovers and run D/run game on offense? We can rebound really well moving forward, but gonna take a few weeks of coaching up and good gameplans moving forward.

Gameplan on offense was NOT good this week. Ryan held onto the ball a lot as if no one was open.

So, either his reads aren't fast enough or the play designs were too predictable.

What you think about next week? Or do we save that for another theead

Just now, BlazerSlayer said:

Also, Vikings had a lot of penalties. Shame we couldn't have capitalised on that. But 2 fumbles, an int and a blocked punt does that.

Ya, it's true. Most of their penalties were later in the game but early when we were behind 14 and 21 points...we had like 3 penalties on Neutral Zone infraction to keep our drives going. Of course, as you said, our turnovers hurt us even when we got help.

Game plan looked bad on offense.

Positive is, coaches can step up just like players. Gotta coach them boys on basics but in the end put them in much better position.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Gotta wait and detox this one. :ninja:

Similar gameplan, but I think Eagles secondary isn't as good and playing at home will help.

Run Defense and turnover battle are early keys based on how we played this game without those things.

I just hope they can contain their receivers, especially D Jack deep and in open space