jetpac

It’s week 1 so before you over react let’s think about some things...

78 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Realsurfin said:

Nah what I will do if this crap keeps up is hang with my Baltimore fans and at least have a decent time.  All the excuses of having new players and gellin'... lots of teams have new players.... in fact all teams have new players. There are winners and there are losers.  Falcons have to do quite a bit to prove they are winners.  Cause the have been losing bigly.  Last season injuries killed the year sure.  But we seem to have a long and deep history of losing in the 4th quarter.

Taking the first four games of regular season year after year just to see if they can win a game is pure bunk.  All the homers say pre-season don't matter... keep telling yourselves that.  But its not working.  Maybe they should teach and nuture how to win a game in preseason 101.

So are you a bandwagon?

I'll say this then iMA try not to post again this whole week.

We let this Oline play toget her for like the first time vs the FREAKING VIKINGS.... I said this all summer... coach quinn gotta stop this "it's a competition" ********.... 

You barily wear pads during the offseason.... You hardly can even go at each other during practice....

You can't think thsee guys can honestly learn to play together and zone block together and they haven't playeeddddd together 

Ergo Proxy likes this

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

For everyone saying you’re done with the team, you’re gonna stick around on the MB right?

Bruh these same mofos show up when we lose.  Some I hardly see post.  They don’t realize their are 31 other teams they can cheer for!!

Peteshweddy and ya_boi_j like this

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Bruh these same mofos show up when we lose.  Some I hardly see post.  They don’t realize their are 31 other teams they can cheer for!!

Losing brings out the worst in some people for whatever reason. Some are consistent though. I hope they don’t leave 

blkbigdog35 likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Losing brings out the worst in some people for whatever reason. Some are consistent though. I hope they don’t leave 

It’s just a freakin game though some are straight ready to go nuclear  :lol:.  On a serious note however this team has a lot of new pieces that have to gel.  I fault DQ for maybe not giving them more time in preseason but I’m sure they are going to get things on track.  

RING OF HONOR and ya_boi_j like this

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It’s just a freakin game though some are straight ready to go nuclear  :lol:.  On a serious note however this team has a lot of new pieces that have to gel.  I fault DQ for maybe not giving them more time in preseason but I’m sure they are going to get things on track.  

When I spoke my mind about the team I was ridiculed so now I just laugh at it and have serious discussion about the team to you and a few others, the rest just get sarcasm.  I get tired of my notifications getting blown up by puss in boots all the time :lol::lol:

blkbigdog35 likes this

I hate to be negative, I truly do..... but never in my life have I laid my eyes on a softer football player than Vic Beasley. We have some hungry players on our defense and I can only imagine what they must feel knowing that Vic is such a wus.  I know he is a great guy, etc, etc.  but he is trash as a defender.  I have never seen a football player stop short of sacking a qb, quit on plays after he gets punked and literally play as if he is in a game of flag football.  Ray Lewis was right all those years ago... the guy has no dog in him.  And to see Quinn still dropping him in coverage.... sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Not to single out anyone player based on today’s disastrous performance.  Merely pointing out he is the same ol Vic.

ya_boi_j, mar31985 and blkbigdog35 like this

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

When I spoke my mind about the team I was ridiculed so now I just laugh at it and have serious discussion about the team to you and a few others. I get tired of my notifications getting blown up by puss in boots all the time :lol::lol:

Totally agree bruh. :lol:  Then some got the nerves to try and call you a damm homer WTF is that! 

ya_boi_j likes this

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So are you a bandwagon?

Been a falcon fan since my dad bought me a falcon helmet in 67 at korvettes... good and bad.  I pray they get a ring before I die.  But I am getting tired of crying in my beer at rhe sports bar.  So I can party with my Baltimore fans while I watch the Falcons under Quinn self destruct.  Hey maybe they will figure how to beat good teams.  Who knows but I did not see it today.

Just now, Realsurfin said:

Been a falcon fan since my dad bought me a falcon helmet in 67 at korvettes... good and bad.  I pray they get a ring before I die.  But I am getting tired of crying in my beer at rhe sports bar.  So I can party with my Baltimore fans while I watch the Falcons under Quinn self destruct.  Hey maybe they will figure how to beat good teams.  Who knows but I did not see it today.

Crying over sports is never good man. I hope you can pull through. Namaste

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

If true, that already says a lot about this team.

It just says they got the sh't kicked out of them today and its one game out of 16 and nothing is over till over.

2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

The one positive is that it is better to drop a game like this is a good team like the Vikings than to a bad team like Cleveland last year.

Here is an awesome INT:

3 hours ago, Onlygolden1 said:

I agree with mostly everything you said. But I disagree with Koetter, he’s not new in fact he’s a veteran and he’s been with the team and Matt before. So his offense should be nothing new to Matt Ryan, at least imo.

But it's new to alot of other players on the team

I want to win all of the games, but It is the first game of the season.  Game 4 will really tell us where the team is.  This is the first game that the full team has played together.  They have the required talent and they will get better.  If we are 0-4, then we should panic then.  Patience for now.  

8 minutes ago, Hometown said:

I want to win all of the games, but It is the first game of the season.  Game 4 will really tell us where the team is.  This is the first game that the full team has played together.  They have the required talent and they will get better.  If we are 0-4, then we should panic then.  Patience for now.  

The bad part is this seems like a repeating theme - we play terrible in preseason usually, so our week 1 expectations are already imaginary.  Then, we have to endure these big letdowns with the possibility they could be resurrected in the future.

Would the team possibly avoid this by making players play/practice in preseason and not look like new first graders in week 1 of the regular season?

15 minutes ago, Hometown said:

At 0-4, no need to panic. It would likely be over.  If they are 0-4, they would need to go 10-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs and that is highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Why was Senat inactive today?  Isn’t he supposed to be an excellent run stopper?

Most of the runs were because of contain being lost.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The part that bothers me is that some of the biggest meltdowns this afternoon were from the same people that were posting ‘this our most talented roster ever!!!!’ earlier in the week. 

If you are still setting yourself up for disappointment after the 2012 NFCCG, the 2013 collapse, SB51, choking away the ‘17 playoff game in Philly, and last year’s disaster, you have no one to blame but yourself.  

I will always cheer for the Falcons, but my optimism is locked away until they are up 51-10 with :03 left in the Super Bowl—and only if we have the ball and the other team is out of time outs

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville
ya_boi_j likes this

10 hours ago, arrogantBEAST said:

You saw what I saw. Turnovers. You over reacting. It's all fixable which it will be. Penalties continued drives. Self inflicted wounds. One game doesn't define your season. 

At no point should you feel I'm over-reacting. Turnovers killed us and it concerns me that for week one, we looked the opposite of ready. But it is one game of sixteen. Don't throw me in with the people on this board who say we're terrible and should fire everyone now. 

arrogantBEAST likes this