jetpac

It’s week 1 so before you over react let’s think about some things...

78 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

We can improve. They should be embarrassed for playing so poorly. The coaching staff should be embarrassed for being so unprepared. We looked like GT against Clemson.

Next game will tell us a lot more about this team than today's game did.

Bigbenright likes this

2 minutes ago, Club212 said:

Common denominator...UNPREPARED....wish we had ZIMM/Kubiak than DQ/Koet & Co

At least Kubiak wasn't available in the offseason...

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

1. We have 3 new starters on the offensive line. This isn’t Madden nor is it plug and play. We have two rookies as well, they need time to Gel and they will.

2. Regardless of this being Shannys offense Koetter is a new play caller. With Freeman, Sanu and Ridley playing limited snaps in the Preseason and Julio not playing at all. To expect an offensive explosion was wishful at best. 

3. This defensive group also needs time to adjust with Neal and Rico both coming back from Season ending injuries. We showed tremendous pressure up front which is something to be excited about. Most of the things we saw today can be corrected including those open gaps in the run game.

4. The Vikings are a great team with a STELLAR defense and true home field advantage. Take away those silly turnovers and this game is obviously different. 

Thats about all the optimism I’m going to give. Here’s the negatives

1. Quinn was out-coached and never adjusted. This team in all phases outside of special teams were simply sloppy and completely unprepared. The 2 play calls before the Matt Ryan interception in the end zone was down right pitiful. How do you try to smash mouth one of the BEST defensive front in all of football and in the process remove Free Ridley Sanu and Julio from the formation? Who’s call was that.

2. This dual OC system is bad. We never adjusted to what the Vikings were doing nor did we take advantage of Rhodes going out of the game at time. Disappointing to say the least.

3. Oliver is just plain awful. 

1) This will not be corrected overnight, and likely not this season. Rookies are rookies.

2) It was the job of this inept and incompetent coaching staff to GET them the snaps required to get them ready for week 1. In the NFL, you cannot expect to contend in a division as loaded as ours is by using regular season games as tune-ups.

3) The open gaps in the run defense haven't closed in YEARS! What would lead you to believe they will close up any time in the near future?

4) Given this, as a team with aspirations for the division at least, and possibly the conference, that would indicate the team should have been even more amped, more prepared, and more ready to rise to a challenge.

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Next game will tell us a lot more about this team than today's game did.

If true, that already says a lot about this team.

1 hour ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Yes, there were individual playcalling issues but generally, the offense moved the ball ok. Turnovers killed it. Time of possession was equal to Minnesota. I'm not saying we dont have a problem but the way this board will go in the next few days...

You saw what I saw. Turnovers. You over reacting. It's all fixable which it will be. Penalties continued drives. Self inflicted wounds. One game doesn't define your season. 

5 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

One game doesn't define your season. 

It did in 2016. Remember the last game of the season that defined an otherwise outstanding season?

1 hour ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Yes, there were individual playcalling issues but generally, the offense moved the ball ok. Turnovers killed it. Time of possession was equal to Minnesota. I'm not saying we dont have a problem but the way this board will go in the next few days...

Glad somebody noticed we shot ourselves in the foot more than just getting flat out dominated. We turned the ball over 3 times in viking territory and one of those was inside the 5 yard line.

arrogantBEAST and octoslash like this

Just now, Geaux_Falcons said:

Glad somebody noticed we shot ourselves in the foot more than just getting flat out dominated. We turned the ball over 3 times in viking territory and one of those was inside the 5 yard line.

You are correct, but that troubling part is that at least 2 of those turnovers weren't just "bad bounces".

The pass to Strocker that was intercepted showed systemic issues - Strocker stopping the route, dumb personnel decision, etc

See this is half the problem with ATL Homers! I love this team also BUT I'm tired of this team being a no-show! Every game should be played as if its their last! You don't hear the Pats saying every year I'ts just the 1st game!! No they ware trying to WIN EVERY GAME! Until the Falcons change its going to be more of the same pathetic and poor showings! Take it how you want but its true

22 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Why was Senat inactive today?  Isn’t he supposed to be an excellent run stopper?

I don’t think Quinn is high on him

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

It is entertaining

Do you realize the quality of threads that will be made if they leave. Think about it R, think about it. I’m nervous :fuego:

thats the best emoji I could come up with that fit

RING OF HONOR likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Do you realize the quality of threads that will be made if they leave. Think about it R, think about it. I’m nervous :fuego:

thats the best emoji I could come up with that fit

Lol....I been going from thread to thread laughing my *** off

Some need to be on suicide watch

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....I been going from thread to thread laughing my *** off

Some need to be on suicide watch

Need to be my *** lol . I’m thinking about pm’ing the number to a few. I actually care about some of them. Ok I’ll stop. That’s not a laughing matter :(

I’m done overreacting and decided to not spend money on this means of entertainment for my life.

ill still watch and be a fan but not spending my money on the Falcons for a whole. I’ll start planning a December vacation now. 

Those who feel defeated i suggest doing the same. 

Word of the day is unprepared. I dont think this coaching staff does the right things in the offseason and preseason to get the starters prepared for the first game. We qlswyas look soft on game 1 under Quinn

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

For everyone saying you’re done with the team, you’re gonna stick around on the MB right?

Nah what I will do if this crap keeps up is hang with my Baltimore fans and at least have a decent time.  All the excuses of having new players and gellin'... lots of teams have new players.... in fact all teams have new players. There are winners and there are losers.  Falcons have to do quite a bit to prove they are winners.  Cause the have been losing bigly.  Last season injuries killed the year sure.  But we seem to have a long and deep history of losing in the 4th quarter.

Taking the first four games of regular season year after year just to see if they can win a game is pure bunk.  All the homers say pre-season don't matter... keep telling yourselves that.  But its not working.  Maybe they should teach and nuture how to win a game in preseason 101.