Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Defense Still Wins Championships

14 posts in this topic

Defense still wins championships, not offense.  This is not the Patriots even though it looks like TD modeled the team on the Patriots.  Patriots alway have an outstanding offense.  Our offens can be outstanding but is usually good enough to get by.  This offense cannot carry the whole team.  

If the Falcons had invested as much talent and money in the defense as they have in the offense, we might be contending or talked about as a Super Bowl contended.  But, alas we don't have one and I'm not sure we will have one this year.  

This may be Quinn's last year.  Will hate to see him go,  But the die was cast when we blew a 14 point lead in the Super Bowl.  In my humble opinion, the Defense has gotten worse since then and not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve invested a bunch of draft picks and money on the defensive side of the ball. We have a numbers of defensive guys who aren’t playing to the level of their contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Defense still wins championships, not offense.  This is not the Patriots even though it looks like TD modeled the team on the Patriots.  Patriots alway have an outstanding offense.  Our offens can be outstanding but is usually good enough to get by.  This offense cannot carry the whole team.  

If the Falcons had invested as much talent and money in the defense as they have in the offense, we might be contending or talked about as a Super Bowl contended.  But, alas we don't have one and I'm not sure we will have one this year.  

This may be Quinn's last year.  Will hate to see him go,  But the die was cast when we blew a 14 point lead in the Super Bowl.  In my humble opinion, the Defense has gotten worse since then and not better.

28-3...thats blowing a 25 pt lead...DQ supposed to be a Defensive guru...so was Zimm but he got caught up being on P!r#n% staff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened all throughout the 1st half.

Our defense would line up, then adjust, and Minnesota would burn us to the weak side.

I understand Rico and Jones are lining up the defense with the plays on the field.

Dude's failed miserably this game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ukfalc said:

We’ve invested a bunch of draft picks and money on the defensive side of the ball. We have a numbers of defensive guys who aren’t playing to the level of their contracts.

Straight up DQ though. We have talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Club212 said:

28-3...thats blowing a 25 pt lead...DQ supposed to be a Defensive guru...so was Zimm but he got caught up being on P!r#n% staff

Yeah man we really threw the baby out with the bath water when we let Zimmer go. I'd say other than Glanville's peak years, the best DC we've ever had.

can we get all these guys back?

Eddie LeBaron GM

Dan Reeves HC

Shanahan OC

Zimmer DC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to score points to win a championship also.  We scored 0 points for three quarters!  We only scored when the Vikings went into prevent defense for an entire quarter.

We will have better days ahead.  The Vikings are just a lot better than the Falcons this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0