Defense Still Wins Championships

Defense still wins championships, not offense.  This is not the Patriots even though it looks like TD modeled the team on the Patriots.  Patriots alway have an outstanding offense.  Our offens can be outstanding but is usually good enough to get by.  This offense cannot carry the whole team.  

If the Falcons had invested as much talent and money in the defense as they have in the offense, we might be contending or talked about as a Super Bowl contended.  But, alas we don't have one and I'm not sure we will have one this year.  

This may be Quinn's last year.  Will hate to see him go,  But the die was cast when we blew a 14 point lead in the Super Bowl.  In my humble opinion, the Defense has gotten worse since then and not better.

38 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Defense still wins championships, not offense.  This is not the Patriots even though it looks like TD modeled the team on the Patriots.  Patriots alway have an outstanding offense.  Our offens can be outstanding but is usually good enough to get by.  This offense cannot carry the whole team.  

If the Falcons had invested as much talent and money in the defense as they have in the offense, we might be contending or talked about as a Super Bowl contended.  But, alas we don't have one and I'm not sure we will have one this year.  

This may be Quinn's last year.  Will hate to see him go,  But the die was cast when we blew a 14 point lead in the Super Bowl.  In my humble opinion, the Defense has gotten worse since then and not better.

28-3...thats blowing a 25 pt lead...DQ supposed to be a Defensive guru...so was Zimm but he got caught up being on P!r#n% staff

47 minutes ago, Club212 said:

28-3...thats blowing a 25 pt lead...DQ supposed to be a Defensive guru...so was Zimm but he got caught up being on P!r#n% staff

Yeah man we really threw the baby out with the bath water when we let Zimmer go. I'd say other than Glanville's peak years, the best DC we've ever had.

can we get all these guys back?

Eddie LeBaron GM

Dan Reeves HC

Shanahan OC

Zimmer DC