ryantlanta

We played like total crap and still didn’t get blown out.

88 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Club212 said:

Think 28-3 is being blown out???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

When the Falcons are the ones with 3, yes I do.

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Only way I feel better is if the Bucs and Saint lose today. NFC-S goes 0-4

Saints won't lose today, If they lose it'll be tomorrow.

2 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was not as bad as it seems we played like total dog poop and only allowed 28 points. Our offense will get on track next week and beat the Eagles bet on it!

You must have been the guy that waved at the planes flying over Pearl Harbor. :lol:

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, fuego said:

I didn't get to see the whole game and missed that. Still doing that thing where he never looks up and has no situational awareness of the rush? That was maddening last year. 

This block wasn't on Bosher. Blocking let more than 1 guy rush free right up the middle. Bosher didn't stand a chance.

fuego, FalconFan1st and Vandy like this

2 hours ago, Onlygolden1 said:

Garbage time TDs, we got rocked. But I’m hoping it was week 1 jitters.

Falcons always have those jitters, how come  Vikings didn’t?

vitaman likes this

2 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Ryan played well that game. It's the first game but this team has problems in the trenches and another team that is coming to town, the Eagles, are strong in the trenches. I'm not confident in the Falcons beating them, remember last season's opener against the Eagles?

Yeah, we never seem to play the Eagles very well.  Also, why do we have to play the Eagles every **** year?!?

3 hours ago, Mescalito said:

Yeah, we never seem to play the Eagles very well.  Also, why do we have to play the Eagles every **** year?!?

In 2016, Falcons played the Eagles because they were both 2nd in their divisions in 2015. In 2017, Falcons played the Eagles in the divisional game, and in 2018, the Falcons played the Eagles because the NFC South went against the NFC East. This season, the Falcons are playing the Eagles again because both teams were 2nd in their divisions in 2018. In all 3 matchups, the offense had their worst performance all season, including the 2016 Super Bowl year.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
Mescalito likes this

I don't care what the talking heads will say tomorrow morning, but the INT and the blocked punt gave them a short field. Then add the Free fumble and another INT. You're talking about 4 turnovers in a NFL game. They scored all 28 points off turnovers. So basically, we beat ourselves.

8 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was not as bad as it seems we played like total dog poop and only allowed 28 points. Our offense will get on track next week and beat the Eagles bet on it!

Cocaine is a helluva drug

3 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

In 2016, Falcons played the Eagles because they were both 2nd in their divisions in 2015. In 2017, Falcons played the Eagles in the divisional game, and in 2018, the Falcons played the Eagles because the NFC South went against the NFC East. This season, the Falcons are playing the Eagles again because both teams were 2nd in their divisions in 2018. In all 3 matchups, the offense had their worst performance all season, including the 2016 Super Bowl year.

All 3 match ups were in philly. Matt hasn’t lost at home to philly for what it’s worth

We played very sloppy and undisciplined. We showed some flashes on both offense and defense, but couldn't overcome our mistakes. The Vikings on the other hand looked well prepared and sharp. Its hard to judge teams in week 1, but we got a lot of things to clean up to give ourselves a shot against the eagles. 

Is it just me or do we only throw out of shotgun under Koetter? We need to commit to the run and play action until the line gels.

6 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

All 3 match ups were in philly. Matt hasn’t lost at home to philly for what it’s worth

And DQ hasn’t beat Doug Pederson

You know, the coach that didn’t blow the Super Bowl against the Pats...

15 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

We did get blown out. Our defense played atrocious against the run (at least in the first half) and our offense had a ton of mistakes. It's true that most of our issues were in the first couple quarters, and three turnovers yielding 21 points is near insurmountable, and we can potentially still do well this year. But this game was a ****show and anyone saying it was anything else is deluded.

Yup.

6 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

This is why starters should play more in the preseason 

Yes it is. It’s why we have looked like crapola on offense in opening game for 3 straight years. 

15 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

We did get blown out. Our defense played atrocious against the run (at least in the first half) and our offense had a ton of mistakes. It's true that most of our issues were in the first couple quarters, and three turnovers yielding 21 points is near insurmountable, and we can potentially still do well this year. But this game was a ****show and anyone saying it was anything else is deluded.

I try to avoid the board right after a loss but I would like this post three times if I could.  In two sentences, this post is hopeful but does not cover up the utter BS we saw yesterday.

We scored 12 when they went soft (that's what she said) but yes, we got blown out. Two garbage TDs late just made a canard of the final score.

18 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was worse than it looked. Either you're a realist or you're not. You pretending otherwise won't change reality. 

JeffAtl likes this

The only silver lining for us right now is that both the Panthers and Bucs lost too.  Tonight, if the Saints lose, we are still in a decent spot.  I for one was already expecting a tough game and could see us lose, especially on the road.

If we don't see an improvement next week we can start to panic, but right now I'm trying to keep a level head.  We threw ourselves in a hole right away when we already had a razor thin margin of error going in.  We couldn't establish the run because we were so far behind.  We turned the ball over in scoring position 2 times.  We had penalties knock us out of scoring position a couple times.

Although we lost, I think we can put it in the rearview and just hope this game doesn't factor into a tiebreaker for a wildcard spot down the line.

Let's hope we can be sharper on both sides against the Eagles at home this time.

Edited by TTU Falcon
typo

When Matt Schaub is warming up to step in for a healthy Matt Ryan at the start of the 4th quarter, that means a blow out has taken place.

When the opposing QB attempted only 10 passes and the guy who did the most damage against the Falcons defense gets to sit on the bench in the fourth quarter, a blow out has taken place.

When you begin to wonder if the local police will rope off the field with yellow crime scene tape, a blow out has taken place.

Hard to be bright side on thus one. 

I guess you could say Most if our wounds were self inflicted. At the very least Ryan shouldn't throw two picks in a game, as bad as those were again.

Still, took a whopping before the engine on the bus had cooled down. I hope it was a wake up call but I could see us struggling for a few more weeks.