ryantlanta

We played like total crap and still didn’t get blown out.

88 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I'm trying to be optimistic here.  Remember the Buccs game in 2016?  Falcons sucked.  People were calling for Shanahan to be fired.  I don't know...this game was very ugly but i'm not giving up hope.  They looked extremely rusty and I think the vets need to start playing more in preseason games.  Also, I'm kinda over Freeman.  I would like to see Ito getting some more plays.

Ryan played well that game. It's the first game but this team has problems in the trenches and another team that is coming to town, the Eagles, are strong in the trenches. I'm not confident in the Falcons beating them, remember last season's opener against the Eagles?

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

That Bosher blocked took the fight out of this team. He’s suspect to me as well

I cannot think of any punter blocked as much as Bosher. 

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This game was so much worse than that one because the offense wasn't bad in that one. The offense was bad today.

True, but the Vikings defense is way better than the buccs d was.  I'm just kinda trying to stay positive after a truly disgusting display.  

One of the most comprehensively poor performances across all three phases I've seen from Atlanta. The only way is up but Philly often does well against us so 0-2 could easily happen. I wouldn't blame Bosher as much for the blocked punt as it seemed like the defender was closing in as soon as he caught it. But poor team play overall.

3 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

One of the most comprehensively poor performances across all three phases I've seen from Atlanta. The only way is up but Philly often does well against us so 0-2 could easily happen. I wouldn't blame Bosher as much for the blocked punt as it seemed like the defender was closing in as soon as he caught it. But poor team play overall.

The blocked punt was on Neasman he basically opened the gate for Minnesota 

BlazerSlayer likes this

17 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Only way I feel better is if the Bucs and Saint lose today. NFC-S goes 0-4

SAINTS play tomorrow night, MNF. 

48 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was not as bad as it seems we played like total dog poop and only allowed 28 points. Our offense will get on track next week and beat the Eagles bet on it!

The Falcons absolutely got blown out. The garbage points at the end don't mean anything. At no point in this game did the Falcons pose any sort of threat to the Vikings.

I'm all for optimism, and I think the Falcons will eventually get it righted, but it's not likely to happen against the Eagles. Right now, the Falcons are poorly coached. Everything that plagued the Falcons during the preseason, are still causing them problems now. The offensive line was a problem during preseason, and is still a liability now. On Special teams; why do we keep Bosher (needs 3 steps to punt), and why have we not figured out that when we are punting deep in our own territory that the block attempt is coming? That onside kick looked like they had never practiced it before. When the team needed to make something happen positive, they **** the bed instead. DQ did not have his team prepared to play.

The offense looked so out of sync it was almost laughable. The effort was not there for most of the offensive unit. Sanu, Hooper, Ridley (for as little as he was used), and Ryan (for the most part) were playing as well as you could hope. Julio is either injured, or starting to show his age; the dude was mostly invisible. I know Rhodes was blanketing Julio, but JJ's effort looked halfhearted.

Edited by 4dabirds
Peteshweddy and vitaman like this

29 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was not as bad as it seems we played like total dog poop and only allowed 28 points. Our offense will get on track next week and beat the Eagles bet on it!

Are you serious?  This team lays down for the Vikings for 4 quarters and you're somehow feeling good they didn't get more than 28 points scored on them?  Cousins gets 98 yards in the air which actually translates into a Viking blowout, and you think we played ok...  If this slop shows up against the Eagles next week,  they will get embarrassed even more than their no character, lay down, supine position, abysmal azzes got this week.

32 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

That Bosher blocked took the fight out of this team. He’s suspect to me as well

I didn't get to see the whole game and missed that. Still doing that thing where he never looks up and has no situational awareness of the rush? That was maddening last year. 

Just now, fuego said:

I didn't get to see the whole game and missed that. Still doing that thing where he never looks up and has no situational awareness of the rush? That was maddening last year. 

It was bad blocking up front, however he almost had another one blocked due to what you mentioned above. He’s done after this season

fuego likes this

1 hour ago, JeffAtl said:

I think most would consider 28-0 as getting blown out.

Think 28-3 is being blown out???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, ryantlanta said:

Game was never close after the blocked punt.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Getting all our key players back and Dan Quinn taking over the defense was supposed to fix the defensive issues and yet we didn't come close to slowing down the Vikings ground game today.

Even worse was we got gashed on the ground by the very running game we ourselves use and have had all off season to prepare against.

For me that’s the most disappointing aspect of what you have pointed out.

vitaman likes this