ryantlanta

We played like total crap and still didn’t get blown out.

88 posts in this topic

We did get blown out. Our defense played atrocious against the run (at least in the first half) and our offense had a ton of mistakes. It's true that most of our issues were in the first couple quarters, and three turnovers yielding 21 points is near insurmountable, and we can potentially still do well this year. But this game was a ****show and anyone saying it was anything else is deluded.

1 minute ago, ryantlanta said:

This game was not as bad as it seems we played like total dog poop and only allowed 28 points. Our offense will get on track next week and beat the Eagles bet on it!

I think most would consider 28-0 as getting blown out.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

We did get blown out. Our defense played atrocious against the run (at least in the first half) and our offense had a ton of mistakes. It's true that most of our issues were in the first couple quarters, and three turnovers yielding 21 points is near insurmountable, and we can potentially still do well this year. But this game was a ****show and anyone saying it was anything else is deluded.

No sugar coating this.

How can we expect to win tough games on the road when you give an INT fumble and can’t stop the run.

This was a terrrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbblllleeee start to the season.

Run D had to be one of the biggest focus this off season and to come out and lay an egg like they did **** they handed it to the Vikings.

If they could have controlled that we’d have been in with a chance because then you’d force Cousins to beat us.But no throw in the TOers hahahahaha blow out.

vitaman, ShadyRef, rounz and 2 others like this

I'm trying to be optimistic here.  Remember the Buccs game in 2016?  Falcons sucked.  People were calling for Shanahan to be fired.  I don't know...this game was very ugly but i'm not giving up hope.  They looked extremely rusty and I think the vets need to start playing more in preseason games.  Also, I'm kinda over Freeman.  I would like to see Ito getting some more plays.

Peteshweddy, ShadyRef and JDaveG like this

We got blown out. That was one of those games where nothing went our way (besides the Vikings jumping offsides). If we come out like that again next week, then might as well call the season. 

Flying Falcon likes this

I'll agree we shot ourselves in the foot with giving them the ball on the 21 and 40 for their first 2 drives but we definitely got blown out. 

We scored because the Vikings started playing soft just trying to get the game over with.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Only way I feel better is if the Bucs and Saint lose today. NFC-S goes 0-4

Who are the saints playing?

Kirk Cousins threw 10 passes all game. The Vikings treated us like a powerhouse college team treats the cupcake FCS school they pay to beat into submission at the beginning of the season: Get a big lead, then coast from there. 

An NFL game where the outcome is never really in doubt is a blowout. 

NYCFalc, rounz, Peteshweddy and 3 others like this

3 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I'm trying to be optimistic here.  Remember the Buccs game in 2016?  Falcons sucked.  People were calling for Shanahan to be fired.  I don't know...this game was very ugly but i'm not giving up hope.  They looked extremely rusty and I think the vets need to start playing more in preseason games.  Also, I'm kinda over Freeman.  I would like to see Ito getting some more plays.

This game was so much worse than that one because the offense wasn't bad in that one. The offense was bad today.

vitaman likes this

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No sugar coating this.

How can we expect to win tough games on the road when you give an INT fumble and can’t stop the run.

This was a terrrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbblllleeee start to the season.

Run D had to be one of the biggest focus this off season and to come out and lay an egg like they did **** they handed it to the Vikings.

If they could have controlled that we’d have been in with a chance because then you’d force Cousins to beat us.But no throw in the TOers hahahahaha blow out.

Getting all our key players back and Dan Quinn taking over the defense was supposed to fix the defensive issues and yet we didn't come close to slowing down the Vikings ground game today.