Do you think our mistakes are fixable?

Falcons Fan MVP

I didn't get to watch the game because I live in Virginia. I know last year the Patriots got beat down pretty badly a couple of times but was able to win the super bowl. Do you guys think our mistakes are fixable? Or does our team just look like they have a talent issue on the offensive and defensive lines etc. We don't normally look good week 1 anyways. If we look this bad next week definitely time to panic as we are undefeated week 2 under Dan Quinn. Your thoughts?

Let’s see.. 

Blocked punt: Fixable but makes you wonder what ST coach is doing.

Drive extending Penalties on  D: DQ better rip up players and play disciplined Football. It’s been a problem not sure we can fix it.

Turnovers: very fixable.

Refs on the road: no.

OL: they played ok one on one for most part but had problem with stunts and blitzes. This may be fixable as OL gels. 

Run Defense: One of my concerns going in to season, DQ needs to figure out the gaps. 

Now Falcons can beat Eagles at home.

Right now lack of preparation is a big concern under DQ. 

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I didn't get to watch the game because I live in Virginia. I know last year the Patriots got beat down pretty badly a couple of times but was able to win the super bowl. Do you guys think our mistakes are fixable? Or does our team just look like they have a talent issue on the offensive and defensive lines etc. We don't normally look good week 1 anyways. If we look this bad next week definitely time to panic as we are undefeated week 2 under Dan Quinn. Your thoughts?

Everything that went wrong can be fixed. I think the hardest thing to fix will be the o line play. Ryan needs better protection. The d line can’t keep getting gashed in the run game. But on the bright side, the Vikings are a really good team that really just took advantage of the mistakes made by the Falcons

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

You can come up with the perfect gameplan, players still gotta go out and do there job. Preparation and game planning is where the mistakes are pointed out. 

BB: I would need one play if players executed every time. 

Sure players can make mistakes on both teams. This team came out flat with no answer on either side of the ball looking like headless chickens.

Just now, falcons007 said:

BB: I would need one play if players executed every time. 

Sure players can make mistakes on both teams. This team came out flat with no answer on either side of the ball looking like headless chickens.

Show me where I said they had to be perfect. I said they have to execute. Half of the bs that happened today, especially defensively was horrible execution. Guys were in place and couldn’t stop/finish plays 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Let’s see.. 

Blocked punt: Fixable but makes you wonder what ST coach is doing.

Drive extending Penalties on  D: DQ better rip up players and play disciplined Football. It’s been a problem not sure we can fix it.

Turnovers: very fixable.

Refs on the road: no.

OL: they played ok one on one for most part but had problem with stunts and blitzes. This may be fixable as OL gels. 

Run Defense: One of my concerns going in to season, DQ needs to figure out the gaps. 

Now Falcons can beat Eagles at home.

Right now lack of preparation is a big concern under DQ. 

Honestly dk why penalties have been such a huge issue under Quinn. If there was one positive about the Smith era, it would be that we didn’t have many penalty issues under him. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Honestly dk why penalties have been such a huge issue under Quinn. If there was one positive about the Smith era, it would be that we didn’t have many penalty issues under him. 

Most complained about why smith was hard on players for penalties. Zimmer was livid on dumb penalties today.  DQ needs to hire a Discipline coach.

Matt Ryan missing receivers is fixable. Some of the execution things are fixable. What's not fixable is the O-line getting beat up in the trenches when facing good defensive fronts. Falcons will put up points against mediocre defensive fronts but they do not want to face a team like the Vikings or Eagles. Next week against the Eagles, I want Ito Smith in there more than Freeman, he's a much better blocker and can give Ryan more time.