Roanoke Falcon

Where do we go from here?

112 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

No I haven't been posting a lot, busy with work. After witnessing this game, I wish I had waited a little longer.

Touché. You definitely haven’t missed anything 

FalconinPA and Flying Falcon like this

Eagles are going to present a lot of the same problems... but with a better QB.

0-2 is a very real possibility.

The question is when are the Falcons going to break 28 points?  Game 3?

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Maybe we should move forward with Preparation H with next weeks game.

Heard it’s good on the whole.

58f92d8db3244_Dr_Evil.jpg.817e5506896d49328b811d092562be17.jpg

I seriously wanna know who’s gonna cover D Jack. Him and Wentz are a perfect match

The real issue that most are refusing to admit is the lack of attention to detail and the mantra “preseason isn’t important” has consistently hurt this team and prevented them from getting off to fast starts. Mental mistakes, lack of rhythm lack of intensity are all signs of a team that just isn’t prepared to play. This is a team who carries itself as if it’s already won a super bowl, thinking that their talent will just overwhelm teams so attention to detail is unimportant. That’s a reflection of the leadership in the locker room and it’s inexcusable 

1. Quinn needs to address the penalties. No getting around that. It’s been the same story with Defensive PI, flags on big hits, holding due to miscommunication etc...

2. Special teams. They bounced back after the blocked punt but still, that is a phase that cannot shoot us in the foot.

3. Everyone needs to practice and practice the right way. We looked like a team that did not take pre season seriously and the same mistakes that lost us 4 games resurfaced all over the place today. Final score may not matter but execution and detail does and we have lacked that leading up to the regular season.

4. Matt needs to be a better leader. Stop telling guys to just do their job when you are making boneheaded throws trying to do too much yourself. That 2nd pick was just lazy

5. Lastly, Blank must issue a public apology similar to what he did back when the Colts embraressed us. The city, fans, investors, all deserve better than the product that was put out there today

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lost at home to the Bucs in 2016 in the opener. Went to the super bowl

It’s not about losing, it’s about actually competing. 

The Bucs game was then playing perfect and us making a few mistakes. 

This $hit here was us not showing up or being prepared at all. 

1 minute ago, LeoAz93 said:

The real issue that most are refusing to admit is the lack of attention to detail and the mantra “preseason isn’t important” has consistently hurt this team and prevented them from getting off to fast starts. Mental mistakes, lack of rhythm lack of intensity are all signs of a team that just isn’t prepared to play. This is a team who carries itself as if it’s already won a super bowl, thinking that their talent will just overwhelm teams so attention to detail is unimportant. That’s a reflection of the leadership in the locker room and it’s inexcusable 

This is a very good post.

DQ talks a brilliant game, but he is an awful coach whose manage  games poorly and whose teams are consistently undisciplined, unprepared and lacking in intensity.

LeoAz93 and Flying Falcon like this

12 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have never seen a team take one game to kill ALL of the momentum going into a season like they Foulcons did today. 

I am pressing the emotional eject button and will just wait and see the rest of this season until Quinn is released and we can start over again.

What good is releasing Quinn if Dimitroff stays?

13 minutes ago, LeoAz93 said:

I'm sharing your post brother. You said it in a nutshell. 

Flying Falcon and LeoAz93 like this

16 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Ryan has looked horrible. Poor throws and bad decisions. 

The D has not been as bad as it appears. 2 of the 3 turnovers and a blocked punt have given MIN a short field. 

i was never counting this as a W, so it doesn't affect my prediction for the season. 

Only scored 9 against the Vikings last time and will be lucky to get to that in this game. 

But win next week (and yes, that outcome is possible) and ATL is 1-1 with a game at Indy who is without Luck.

Reminder of some of the missed throws and stupid interceptions from the 2013/14 seasons (Detroit at Wembley springs to mind).

Puts a whole lot of pressure to win next week, and the Eagles were slow starters today so you'd expect them to be better next.

Hopefully the season isn't almost a lost cause by week 4 when I'm over for the 3 games.

I'll take one scrappy win any which way it comes.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

14 minutes ago, LeoAz93 said:

Actual wins don’t matter in preseason, HOWEVER.... 

being a more Detailed and talented team would stumble you into wins. That is where I am in complete agreement with you!

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Said it in another thread but these problems aren’t fixable in one or two weeks. It’s going to be a rough season.

Wouldn’t say that, but this is more of a reflection of the culture of the team and why would haven’t succeeded.